Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

~Jasmine~ Brittany Spaniel, Mtl, QC

luckypenny
June 26th, 2009, 11:41 AM
We've nicknamed her Spazzy Jazzy for her early morning zoomies :D. She weighs 27lbs and vet's best estimate for her age is between 3-5 years old. She's now spayed, utd on vaccines, clean in the house, and waiting for a forever home where she'll be loved and cherished for who she is, not used for profit as she was in her previous life.

Although Jasmine is extremely shy of humans, she absolutely adores other well-socialized, friendly dogs of all ages and sizes. Once terrified of her crate, she now views it as her comfy den and will willingly snuggle in at bedtime. She loves chasing birds flying overhead and playing with her squeaky stuffies. Tug with another dog is also one of her favorite passtimes.

She would do best in a quiet home with at least one other dog and a large, securely-fenced yard. She needs a patient, loving family where she'll be allowed to progress comfortably at her own pace.

http://www.rosieanimaladoption.org/availablepets.htm

hazelrunpack
June 26th, 2009, 02:15 PM
She's such a pretty girl. :flirt: So what does she think of setters? :o

The Pack loves her. madame hazel, on the other hand, is pretty sure hazel is totally :crazy: for even considering it...and hubby says "NO!!"

:o So I guess it's not to be...

But a girl can dream, can't she? :cloud9:

I'm sure she'll find a wonderful home, LP! :goodvibes: I hope whoever adopts her gives you lots of updates! She's such a wonderful girl and it will be so amazing to watch her bloom in the right environment! You've already gotten her so far! :thumbs up :grouphug:

luckypenny
June 26th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Brittany Spaniels are Setter wannabes, didn't you know that :D? She'd just adore your pack :cloud9:.

But a girl can dream, can't she? :cloud9:

Careful Hazel, dreams often come true :laughing:.

hazelrunpack
June 26th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Can you twist hubby's arm for me? :D :fingerscr :pray:

Mat&Murph
June 26th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Awww I hope Jasmine gets a great Loving home!!
Hazel, just spike hubby's drink and bring Jasmine down, mybe he won't notice at first!!:laughing:

hazelrunpack
June 26th, 2009, 11:56 PM
As long as she stays sitting, she'll blend in pretty well. :D And I'll bet when she stands up that some of the Pack will be more than willing to drape their tails over hers so Dad doesn't notice that hers is different! :thumbs up

Why, she might be here for months before he catches on! :laughing: And then it will be too late, cuz he'll be in love with her and won't be able to let her go :evil: Sounds like a plan!

luckypenny
June 26th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Can you twist hubby's arm for me? :D :fingerscr :pray:

For sure...and if he still says, "NO," then just give me the word and I'll even break it :laughing:.

Just kidding :D.

Mat&Murph
June 26th, 2009, 11:58 PM
:laughing: It does sound like a plan, now we just have to talk to the pack and convince them to go along!!!! :crazy:

hazelrunpack
June 27th, 2009, 12:05 AM
Not a problem! :D They'd love a new Packmember! :thumbs up They'd do anything!

Mat&Murph
June 27th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Good Stuff...see LP, we just need to send drugs down to hazel first for hubby then send Jasmin down after a couple hours :laughing: Pack is already for her

luckypenny
July 16th, 2009, 09:12 PM
As of this afternoon, Jasmine has mastered "come"...off-leash, outdoors, with eye-contact and a tail-a-waggin' :goodvibes:. Seeing she's still not comfortable with me approaching her at all times, I figured I'd teach her to approach me on command :D.

She's also super comfortable now in joining us in bed each morning for a cuddle and massage :cloud9:.

Way to go Jasmine :thumbs up.

hazelrunpack
July 16th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Dang, LP, cute and smart! :flirt: (The dog, the dog...although I guess that fits LP, too :D)

That's a great strategy, LP! You're such an :angel: with these dogs :grouphug:

Rottielover
July 16th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Way to go, you guys have made such progress, keep up the great work :)

Frenchy
July 16th, 2009, 09:32 PM
yea Jasmine ! She looks so much better , healthier :lovestruck:

luckypenny
July 16th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Dang, LP, cute and smart! :flirt: (The dog, the dog...although I guess that fits LP, too :D)

Aww shucks :o...:laughing:

She really is a smart little girl :lovestruck:.

yea Jasmine ! She looks so much better , healthier :lovestruck:

She does, eh? She's no longer shedding like mad and her fur is growing in all soft :cloud9:. And the hours of chasing birds flying overhead is helping her put muscle on that petite frame.

aslan
July 16th, 2009, 09:47 PM
man you gotta get her to tone the cuteness down while we're there, or all i'm gonna hear is come on we can fit her in the car too.

hazelrunpack
July 16th, 2009, 10:41 PM
man you gotta get her to tone the cuteness down while we're there, or all i'm gonna hear is come on we can fit her in the car too.
:laughing:

Chris21711
July 17th, 2009, 11:37 AM
You have done a wonderful job with her LP, she is going to make a great addition to the right home :cloud9:

rainbow
July 18th, 2009, 02:36 AM
She is a beautiful girl :lovestruck: and I had no doubt that she would do so well with your wonderful care. :angel: :thumbs up

mollywog
July 18th, 2009, 10:47 AM
look at that face!! :lovestruck: and she is such a nice small size. I do hope she finds a great furever home! :pray:

Bailey_
July 18th, 2009, 10:48 AM
LP, she's beeeeeeautiful!!!!!! :cloud9::lovestruck:

hunnybunny
July 18th, 2009, 05:02 PM
What a beautiful girl:lovestruck:
i am sure she will find her forever home soon:fingerscr

chico2
July 18th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Oh,Oh,I think Aslan needs another pup,she's adorable would fit right in with the Q-Man and little munchkin;)

luckypenny
July 18th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Because I think she's so pretty too...I just have to post some more pics :).

Sorry Aslan, she can't possibly tone down the cuteness...and there's plenty of room for her in a car, she's so petite :D.

Jasmine thanks you all for the compliments :goodvibes:.

hazelrunpack
July 18th, 2009, 08:55 PM
She is a very lovely girl, LP! :flirt:

rainbow
July 19th, 2009, 03:49 AM
She is such a pretty girl and I love the first pic that you just posted. :lovestruck:

luckypenny
September 18th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Jasmine says, "Ha!!! I passed my kitty test tonight with flying colors. Even had a little kitty rub up against my muzzle...she smellllllllllllllled good :cloud9:."

:D

Jasmine is getting a visit from a very special lady tomorrow night...driving over 6 hours total just to meet her :goodvibes:.

Winston
September 18th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Is it someone we may know? hint hint??? 6 hrs? that could be Hamilton area?

hazelrunpack
September 18th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Oh, best wishes for the pretty Jasmine! :goodvibes: Congrats on passing your kitty test and good luck tomorrow!! I hope they hit it off beautifully, LP! :fingerscr

luckypenny
September 18th, 2009, 10:28 PM
From the Ottawa area...6 hours back and forth :).

Jasmine thanks you for the good wishes...I do too :).

Frenchy
September 18th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Is it someone we may know? hint hint??? 6 hrs? that could be Hamilton area?

If I may reply for LP , no we don't know her but we have a feeling she would join here :thumbs up

Good luck for tomorrow Jasmine and LP :goodvibes: :fingerscr

now be a nice girl ok ???? (meaning Jasmine :laughing:)

aslan
September 18th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Oh LP for Jasmine i hope all works out, for you all i can say is:grouphug:.

hmmm ottawa area only ones i can think of are bendyfoot,macomom or busterboo.

growler~GateKeeper
September 19th, 2009, 02:05 AM
:goodvibes: Jasmine :goodvibes:

Love4himies
September 19th, 2009, 09:52 AM
:pray::pray: Jasmine gets her forever home.

hazelrunpack
September 19th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Good luck today, Jasmine!! Knock 'em dead with your lovely smile and your sweet charm! :goodvibes:

luckypenny
September 19th, 2009, 10:42 PM
It was a success!! She sees not just a timid little girl but, everything beautiful in Jasmine.

A home visit next weekend and, if all goes as planned, Jasmine will be returning two weeks later :goodvibes:.

14+kitties
September 19th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Great news!!!! I will keep my fingers crossed for Jasmine that she finds her furever home very very soon. It sure sounds like she's made the first big step!!! :thumbs up Kudos to you for being such an :angel: with all of them!!!!

luckypenny
September 19th, 2009, 10:54 PM
14+, as you certainly know, they make it very easy :cloud9:.

Love4himies
September 19th, 2009, 11:01 PM
OMG, this is so nerve racking :yell: :yell: :yell:. OK, maybe it is just my impatience :o :p

TeriM
September 20th, 2009, 03:56 AM
Glad it was a success, sounds like a great match :fingerscr. Hope all goes well with the visit :goodvibes: :goodvibes:.

hazelrunpack
September 20th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Yay!! :highfive: Good girl, Jasmine!!! I hope the home visit goes just as smoothly. :goodvibes: Are there other dogs in her prospective new home?

JennieV
September 20th, 2009, 08:47 PM
YEY!!! :thumbs up
Excellent news, LP...I am hoping that the home visit goes just as well... :D

:pray::pray: for a forever home for Jazzie!

Frenchy
September 20th, 2009, 09:10 PM
It's looking good LP , I'm sure everything will go fine on the house visit :goodvibes:

luckypenny
September 20th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Are there other dogs in her prospective new home?

No but, there are two cats. One of which is a real love-bug....which explains the kitty test. The woman bought a gate with a kitty door in it so they do have their own safe places. She's thought of everything and has done quite the bit of research. When we visit, we're also going to leave a blankie with Jasmine's scent on it so they can get accustomed to it before she arrives to stay. There's so much thought and preparations going into this to ensure the smoothest of transitions for all furbabies involved.

Emotionally, it's a little scary :o...but I'm feeling confident at the same time.

Here's a couple of pics of Jasmine with the wee kitty that she was tested with :cloud9:. Anyone interested in adopting this purty, good-with-dogs kitty :o :goodvibes: ?

hazelrunpack
September 20th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Oh, they're so cute together! :cloud9: Maybe Jasmine can sneak Kitty into her new home! :dog: They wouldn't notice another kitty! :D

aslan
September 20th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Oh this is sounding soooo promising for Jasmine. She looks in the first pic like she wants you to explain what the little black thing is.

Love4himies
September 26th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Sooooooooo? Update please :D

Frenchy
September 26th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Good luck on the house visit today Jasmine and LP !!! :thumbs up

Sylvie
September 26th, 2009, 02:19 PM
There is so much love, consideration and thought being put into this visit, not to mention all the good vibes from this site, I can't see how it possibly could go wrong.:thumbs up

Good luck everyone :pray:and keep up the good work.

hazelrunpack
September 26th, 2009, 02:26 PM
How did it go, LP? :fingerscr :goodvibes:

luckypenny
September 27th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Jasmine is now "reserved" :D and leaves to return to her new home in two weeks :goodvibes:.

I woke up very ill yesterday so the visit was postponed until today. Dh :angel: drove Jasmine for the visit and it went exceptionally well, much better than expected :thumbs up. I'm waiting for the photos as I write this. Jasmine was extremely relaxed and was even licking her new "mom's" hand :cloud9:. Although it's been almost 5 months searching for the perfect home, we finally found a match made in heaven. I couldn't be happier for both Jasmine and her mom who already adores her :lovestruck:.

Chaser
September 27th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Awesome news!!!! :highfive:

Love4himies
September 27th, 2009, 06:03 PM
I am so happy :thumbs up :highfive: :grouphug:

Frenchy
September 27th, 2009, 07:12 PM
wooohooo ! :thumbs up it was worth the wait hey ?

luckypenny
September 27th, 2009, 07:31 PM
They say pictures speak a thousand words :) ....

luckypenny
September 27th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Some more...Jasmine was soooo relaxed. She's got new kitty siblings too :cloud9:.

Frenchy
September 27th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Some more...Jasmine was soooo relaxed. She's got new kitty siblings too :cloud9:.

wow LP , she does looks right at home !!!! Who would have thought ! :crazy:

rainbow
September 27th, 2009, 07:39 PM
That is amazing :cloud9: ....you would think that Jasmine grew up with kitties right from the beginning. :thumbs up

Congratulations on finding her the perfect home. :highfive:

aslan
September 27th, 2009, 08:31 PM
oooh congrats LP, i know how hard you worked with jasmine.. i know this is bitter sweet for you too.

i kinda like the zen diningroom, no wonder she was so relaxed.

Love4himies
September 27th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Wow, looks like Jasmine is right at home with her kitty siblings :thumbs up

:grouphug: to you though, I know how hard it is to say goodbye.

hazelrunpack
September 27th, 2009, 09:37 PM
All the kitties checkin' out their new buddy! :cloud9: She looks very relaxed! I'm so glad it went well! :goodvibes:

Another job well done, LP! :highfive:

And I hope you're feeling better now! :grouphug:

luckypenny
October 9th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Adopted!!

:)

Love4himies
October 9th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Wahoo :thumbs up :lovestruck:

BenMax
October 9th, 2009, 12:56 PM
HEY LP!!! Congrats!!!

diandpat
October 9th, 2009, 03:09 PM
CONGRATULATIONS Luckypenny...another success story thanks to you and your family's TLC!!!! :thumbs up

I am sure Jasmine is going to have a great great life now :lovestruck:

clm
October 9th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Terrific news. She's such a pretty girl. I love the way the kitties are checking her out. :lovestruck:

clm

hazelrunpack
October 9th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Jasmine on her special fleece seat cushion on her way to her furever home :cloud9: What a lucky girl she is! Good luck, Jasmine! :goodvibes: I hope your Mom is a fan of updates. :D

Frenchy
October 9th, 2009, 07:45 PM
woohoo Jasmine and LP :thumbs up can't wait to get updates from the new mom !!!

the gang
October 9th, 2009, 08:35 PM
way to go, great news, brenda and the pins :thumbs up

14+kitties
October 9th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Congrats LP and Jasmine!!!! I am sure you found the absolute perfect home for Jasmine LP. You are such an angel working with these pups and finding their furever homes. :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
October 10th, 2009, 03:11 AM
Congrats Jasmine :lovestruck: Another purrfect match LP :thumbs up

TeriM
October 10th, 2009, 03:15 AM
Woohoo, Congrats Jasmine and LP :thumbs up.

Hugs to you though LP, I am sure you will miss her :grouphug: :grouphug:.

JennieV
October 19th, 2009, 01:01 PM
As always, I am late but WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good job, LP! I am sooooo happy it worked out!

:highfive::highfive::highfive: