Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lucy and Riley June Camping

TeriM
June 26th, 2009, 02:14 AM
We went camping last week down in the Methow Valley of Washington State. Both dogs went with us and we had a great time :cloud9:.

Home Sweet Home

Hanging out at the campsite

Buddies

TeriM
June 26th, 2009, 02:17 AM
This shot cracked me up :laughing:

The Methow Valley is at the east end of the North Cascades highway so we went up for a visit to Washington pass

Me and my furries :lovestruck:

TeriM
June 26th, 2009, 02:20 AM
A nice little hike in the area

Yellow flowers and black dogs are my fav combo :D

A nice stroll just out of the campground

TeriM
June 26th, 2009, 02:23 AM
We stopped for two nights on the way home at Manning Park which is a gorgeous provincial park about 3 hours out of Vancouver. These shots are from a nice walk in the alpine meadows. This trail is actually a cross country ski trail that we ski in the winter.

growler~GateKeeper
June 26th, 2009, 02:39 AM
Looks like a great place for vacation :) so pretty :cloud9:

Buddies

:cloud9: :lovestruck: Lucy's looking great :cloud9:

This shot cracked me up :laughing:

:laughing: Looks like Riley's blowing you a raspberry :laughing:

Both dogs looks like they thoroughly enjoyed themselves & were probably a little disappointed to be heading back home :dog: :dog:

TeriM
June 26th, 2009, 02:44 AM
It was a great place. There was actually a really nice lake at the campground but Riley was still on restricted activity for his back injury and he was such a hyper spaz while swimming (leaping, splashing, cannonball type activity :rolleyes:) we had to stay away :sad: :frustrated:.

growler~GateKeeper
June 26th, 2009, 02:53 AM
That just means you hafta head back there later this summer just so he can go swimming :D

TeriM
June 26th, 2009, 03:01 AM
Sounds like a great plan to me :D. It is a great area with tons of hiking and beautiful terrain.

luckypenny
June 26th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Gorgeous photos TeriM! I love Riley's grumpy face :laughing: and the one with both him and Lucy :cloud9:. I find the contrast in the ones of them walking up the trail too funny....Lucy sashaying and Riley bounding :D.

Chaser
June 26th, 2009, 11:20 AM
:laughing: Looks like Riley's blowing you a raspberry :laughing:

It does!!! :laughing:

They both look like they had a great time!

hazelrunpack
June 26th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Oh, they do look happy! :cloud9:

So was Riley snappin' flies out of the air in that raspberry shot? :D Ours get that same look--they feel accomplished when they manage to catch one of those durn flies, but they evidently taste kinda funky! :laughing:

Looks like a great place to camp, Teri! :highfive:

breeze
June 26th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Sounds like a great plan to me :D. It is a great area with tons of hiking and beautiful terrain.

looks like a great place to bring the doggies to me!!:lovestruck:

they must of been in doggie heaven with trails like that..

TeriM
June 27th, 2009, 03:03 PM
So was Riley snappin' flies out of the air in that raspberry shot? :D Ours get that same look--they feel accomplished when they manage to catch one of those durn flies, but they evidently taste kinda funky! :laughing:

:laughing: I don't think any flies were involved. I think he was actually mid-yawn and then got distracted :rolleyes:.

14+kitties
June 27th, 2009, 11:08 PM
I can see the dogs just hate camping! They look soooo uncomfortable laying around and hiking. :D Great shots!! Lucy looks really good for a senior! :thumbs up