Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Seven show dogs die after handler leaves them in van

Gail P
June 26th, 2009, 12:04 AM
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/191EDA28F711396D862575DF005870EC?OpenDocument

Absolutely unbelievable! We all know some people are clueless, but a show handler doesn't know better? :headslap: The photo caption says "Mary Wild Professional Dog Handling" - some pro! She's not fit to handle a pet rock! Poor dogs.

TeriM
June 26th, 2009, 12:29 AM
That is just horrible :sad: :cry: :frustrated:.

growler~GateKeeper
June 26th, 2009, 02:38 AM
:cry2: :rip: Seven sweet :angel2:s :candle: Race to the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html) :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :cry2:

:goodvibes: speedy healing to the one surviving dog :goodvibes:

Rottielover
June 26th, 2009, 06:30 AM
That is so sad, and was so easily preventable :(
RIP sweet ones:rip: :fingerscr for the lone survivor

hunnybunny
June 26th, 2009, 07:33 AM
How awful , can,t beleive she left them in the van like that :mad:

Run Free Babies :angel2:

Lets hope the sibe makes it :pray:

ancientgirl
June 26th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Unbelievable. Some people are just born with no common sense at all. What an idiot! Those poor dogs.:sad:

mollywog
June 26th, 2009, 07:40 AM
How terribly tragic. :sad: :cry:

chico2
June 26th, 2009, 07:41 AM
OMG....poor pups,what a nightmare:cry:

babymomma
June 26th, 2009, 10:59 AM
She left them alone and opened all door and windows.. And she claims to have Went and hooked up 6 fans to blow air on them..

So, um, she couldnt bother bringing them inside, because well, lets face it SHE was warm, and lazy.. but she could manage friggin around with extension wires to hook up 6 fans? yep, something fishy with this story.

The veterinarian, Ivan, said there is a discrepancy about the times Wild gave police. Ivan said Wild’s first call to her cell phone was at 9:08 a.m., followed by a 9:20 a.m. call to Ivan’s office. Wild arrived at the vet’s office at 9:30 a.m., and Ivan got to the office fifteen minutes later. Rigor mortis had already set in on some of the dead dogs, Ivan said.

Hmmm... Rigor mortis takes around 3 hours to start to set in. What'd she do at 6:30am, find them dying and then go back to bed for a couple hours?
She's hiding, something.

JennieV
June 26th, 2009, 12:00 PM
:wall::wall::wall:

I hope the owners of the dead dogs sue her for negligence. She is not only not fit to be a handler, she is not fit to even own animals as pets IMHO.

What an idiot! her story does not sit well with me and this is a tragic loss of beautiful dogs in their prime due to her laziness and negligence.

:sad: What horrible death. :sad:

:candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle:
RIP little angels.

JennieV
June 26th, 2009, 12:09 PM
She left them alone and opened all door and windows.. And she claims to have Went and hooked up 6 fans to blow air on them.. the windows were "somewhat open"...:wall:

So, um, she couldnt bother bringing them inside, because well, lets face it SHE was warm, and lazy.. but she could manage friggin around with extension wires to hook up 6 fans? yep, something fishy with this story.
I was thinking the same thing

Hmmm... Rigor mortis takes around 3 hours to start to set in. What'd she do at 6:30am, find them dying and then go back to bed for a couple hours?
She's hiding, something.

Also, at 6:30 am, is the heat really that bad already?? its so early! But maybe...I dont know. what I think happened is that she went to bed, slept her ass off, and by the time she crawled out of bed at 9 or so and got to check on the dogs - they have been outside for over 3 hours in the sun, in the van, all 7 of them, crowded, in oven-like heat...:sick: Then her story makes some sense. Why would she call the vet at 9?? if she found the dogs 3 hours earlier?
She should be banned from ever touching another dog. 7 deaths is quite enough, I think.

Sylvie
June 26th, 2009, 12:13 PM
So sad and preventable.

:rip: sweet angels.

hazelrunpack
June 26th, 2009, 01:25 PM
I think for once I'm glad my connection is too bad today to open the link. :sad:

:candle:

erykah1310
June 26th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Poor dogs.

This is a big reason I will not send Karma off with a handler, I really don't care that much about the points on my dog to trust someone else with her.

t.pettet
June 26th, 2009, 06:51 PM
She is a complete moron and I hope charges are laid.

LavenderRott
June 26th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Also, at 6:30 am, is the heat really that bad already?? its so early! But maybe...I dont know. what I think happened is that she went to bed, slept her ass off, and by the time she crawled out of bed at 9 or so and got to check on the dogs - they have been outside for over 3 hours in the sun, in the van, all 7 of them, crowded, in oven-like heat...:sick: Then her story makes some sense. Why would she call the vet at 9?? if she found the dogs 3 hours earlier?
She should be banned from ever touching another dog. 7 deaths is quite enough, I think.

The heat in Missouri this year is bad. Temperatures have been running the the upper 80's to 90's with the heat index up well over 100 degrees. Add to that 80% or 90% humidity and it is stiffling - even in the middle of the night.

Seems to me that if it is too hot for you to be outside - it is too hot for the dogs. Too tired - too bad.

erykah1310
June 26th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Seems to me that if it is too hot for you to be outside - it is too hot for the dogs. Too tired - too bad.

DITTO!:highfive:

Mat&Murph
June 26th, 2009, 10:56 PM
How sad and preventable!!!!!!! Poor babies!!!

this woman shouldn't being doing what she is doing, knowing what entails to take care of these guys and too tired to bring them in. BULLS$%&!! :wall:

:candle: RIP Poor puppers and speedy recovery for the eighth :candle:

TwinTails
June 26th, 2009, 10:58 PM
OMG :cry: I can't beleive this IDIOT!! :frustrated: :rip: Furry kidlets :angel2: