Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How clean is your house?

TacoGrl
June 24th, 2009, 10:28 PM
I watch this show like I would watch a train wreck!

I just don't get how people can live like that! The dirt is so thick, it can't possibly be staged! I mean, at what point sitting in filth does one say "Why bother?" and then just give up cleaning anymore...sometimes for 10 years :eek::yuck::eek:

CearaQC
June 25th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Isn't that a British television show? Where are you watching it?

Melinda
June 25th, 2009, 06:56 AM
oh I've seen that show, unreal , especially when you see kids in the house and bugs in their beds *shivers* I just want to go over there and scrub it senseless......then boot the parents in the butt

CearaQC
June 25th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Well I just watched only a few seconds of something on YouTube, a clip from one of their shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EN8c2Up3bw

I'd be screaming at those people. You filthy pigs, you're disgusting, how can you live like that, etc. :laughing:

Look at this one. This guy is just downright LAZY and can't even pour spoiled milk out - from 2001.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYbk1TbUAT4

TacoGrl
June 25th, 2009, 07:49 AM
It is an older show, but we get it on WTN...they had a couple on last night...I just couldn't NOT watch it! I can't leave my home without making my bed, but these people can't even FIND their bed! :eek:

kiara
June 25th, 2009, 11:53 AM
I enjoy watching the show and then the results at the end. I like the two women who run it, they are funny. Can't understand how people can live like this? Completerly filthy pigs! And all those potentially deadly germs, may lead to diseases later in life, since the family has been exposed to them for many years.

BenMax
June 25th, 2009, 12:00 PM
I don't get that show anymore - but I used to enjoy watching it. All those germs can make you paranoid. I am constantly scrubbing. Yak - I cannot go to people's homes if they are dirty or messy.:yuck:

Now I watch the show 'Obsessed'.:laughing:

Melinda
June 25th, 2009, 12:06 PM
obsessed? what channel? when? I've never heard of it but think I'd enjoy it

BenMax
June 25th, 2009, 12:09 PM
obsessed? what channel? when? I've never heard of it but think I'd enjoy it

I think TLC. It's about people with OCD. We all have it to some extent but some people's are really intense. It's sad to watch but you always get those follow ups on progress which are usually uplifting.

TacoGrl
June 25th, 2009, 12:16 PM
I like "obessed" too...I can see myelf in some of the people...not quite to the degree...yet...

I also like the show on Hoarders...the reasons why people hoard...some are quite sad really...most give up and go back to their old habits by the end of the show. :sad:

Dog Dancer
June 25th, 2009, 02:37 PM
I watch that show once in a while (How clean is your house) and saw one with a fellow with dreadlocks. His hair tested back with millions or dirt spores above normal:yuck: My sister's step son now sports dreads so I was telling him about the show and he was freaking out (she told me to tell him because he's a germaphobe). Unfortunately, he hasn't chosen to cut his hair yet, but that's okay, it's his head. But I agree, I have to have a clean sink and my bed made before I go out. I mean I'm not compulsive about tidy or anything, I have some messes, but this show highlights some obviously not quite normal individuals.

Luvmypitgirls
June 25th, 2009, 03:05 PM
I watched it once and only once...it was an episode where this couple had a "spider nest" in their mattress and rodents running thru out their home...that was it, never watched it again.:yuck:

Stacer
June 25th, 2009, 04:46 PM
I love love love that show. I think it's the transformation that I find kinda satisfying. From beyond filthy to gleaming. Although half the time it probably doesn't stick and the slobs are backto their old ways.

I find cleaning very satisfying, especially when you can see the difference. Which is probably why I love the show so much.

Obsessed is a great show too. It's on A&E on monday nights at 10pm, right after Intervention which is another great show.

kandy
June 25th, 2009, 06:52 PM
I've never heard of this show - but I just watched that Youtube clip and all I can say is 'scuse me while I go toss my cookies. That is just flat disgusting! And I thought I was a lazy housekeeper. Next time my husband complains that there is dust on the tv, I'm making him watch one of those clips!! LOL