Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Some more Roses etc...

chico2
June 24th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Now all my Roses are blooming,lots of trouble with Aphids this year:yell:
Also one of my Astilbes is blooming,I LOVE Astilbes,I think I have 5 different colors of them.

chico2
June 24th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Ok,here is the Astilbe and a couple of wild Roses(I think they are)don't like them very much.

Dee-O-Gee
June 24th, 2009, 10:05 PM
I'm your fan!!! I love roses too!

Is the lilac colored one a Blue Moon or Sterling Silver variety? I had both of these a few years ago and they didn't survive.

Aphids have been a problem for me too! Now with the chemical ban here, I've gotten use to flicking the buds free of the aphids and planted more marigolds. I also just started using a tobacco tea recipe and so far its helped steer away the aphids and hasn't killed the roses yets. :pray:

chico2
June 25th, 2009, 08:06 AM
You know,I have no idea what kind of Roses they are,the only one I knew the name of was the Kennedy white rose I planted 2 yrs ago,it's really slow growing this year:sad:
For the Aphids I bought"Green"insecticide,it's working so-so..
We need to see some of yours too,ok!

hazelrunpack
June 25th, 2009, 05:05 PM
I love the wild roses around here, Chico. They're the only kinds I can grow...they take care of themselves. :D

Your roses are beautiful and your astilbe is stunning! I almost got some for the hummingbird garden this year, but I settled for a bleeding heart, instead.

chico2
June 25th, 2009, 05:15 PM
My Bleeding hearts have gone bye-bye already,they don't last very long,but come back every spring.
I have different color Astilbes and I love them,even after the blooms are gone.