Ilovmycatahoula
June 23rd, 2009, 03:44 PM
Here is ButterScotch ...... a new rescue :cat: Part 2

Ilovmycatahoula
June 23rd, 2009, 03:45 PM
Here is ButterScotch ...... a new rescue :cat: part 3

MommaKat
June 23rd, 2009, 03:58 PM
Oh what a beautie !! I hope you have her for years and years of fun and love with her. I'm sooo glad you adopted her :cloud9::grouphug::highfive: .

Ilovmycatahoula
June 23rd, 2009, 04:21 PM
He adopted me when I was walking, he ran up to me crying and full of dirt!

Now he is spoiled!

chico2
June 23rd, 2009, 04:21 PM
OMG,is she ever a sweet-heart:lovestruck:are you keeping her??

Ilovmycatahoula
June 23rd, 2009, 04:23 PM
I just might have to keep him! :thumbs up

Jim Hall
June 23rd, 2009, 07:21 PM
whats the rest of the hoard think?

ownedbycats
June 23rd, 2009, 07:38 PM
Adorable! Looks like he's a bit of a basket case.:D:crazy:

edwina
June 23rd, 2009, 07:48 PM
He's so cute. :flirt:

ancientgirl
June 23rd, 2009, 08:02 PM
OMG! What a sweet handsome little guy!!!!!!!!!!

Dee-O-Gee
June 23rd, 2009, 08:34 PM
OMG--He looks so much like our Kitty (her name is Kitty :D)

How old is he?

I have an article on my facebook about white cats and how they become white and precautions to take. I'll have to find it and pass along the link. :thumbs up

Dee-O-Gee
June 23rd, 2009, 08:56 PM
I couldn't find the exact link about white cats, but this one is similar to the one that I had on my facebook.

I don't know what happened to the link but it's gone. I hardly ever go into facebook now every since they changed it last year. :frustrated:

Anyway, our "Kitty" is an indoor cat and is quite content being just that. You are blessed with Butterscotch finding you. :cloud9:

http://pets-dogs.net/cat-training/cat-breeds/facts-about-white-cat-breeds/

edwina
June 23rd, 2009, 09:43 PM
Thanks for that link, i was told that white cats were prone to deafness, but this is from another source, so i guess its true. Poor things. I love white kitty's , i want one. :sad:

growler~GateKeeper
June 24th, 2009, 12:57 AM
ButterScotch is adorable :lovestruck: :lovestruck: absolutely love that 1st pic :cloud9:

I couldn't find the exact link about white cats, but this one is similar to the one that I had on my facebook.

http://pets-dogs.net/cat-training/cat-breeds/facts-about-white-cat-breeds/

Do not try to color your white cat with any other color other than those recommended by vets. This is because the way that cats clean themselves will ensure that they will ingest any foreign substance that may be dangerous to their health

:confused: :confused: Why would you color your cat :headslap: and why would vets recommend it :loser: :shrug:

chico2
June 24th, 2009, 07:25 AM
My white odd-eyed Vinnie is definitely NOT deaf,he hears everything:laughing:
and yes,why would anyone want to color a white kitty,weird??

ownedbycats
June 24th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Chico,from what i read when i researched my white cat and her white kittens, I learned that there are a couple different genes that cause white fur(this was a few months ago so I hope I'm not mixing this up, could be one gene for white coat and two for blue eyes?.) There is a gene for blue eyes linked with one of the genes for white fur and lack of melanin in the skin and fur. Cats with both eyes blue and white fur are most at risk for deafness, something about the blue eye gene causes the little bones in the ear to form wrong. Cats with one eye blue and one some other colour will occasionally be deaf on the blue eyed side, depending on which gene causes their white coat. white cats with both eyes normal colors usually have normal hearing.

ownedbycats
June 24th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Okay, found the link explaining the two different genes for white in cats, and why most blue - eyed white cats are deaf but some are not:

http://www.messybeast.com/whitecat.htm

Ilovmycatahoula
June 25th, 2009, 08:40 AM
whats the rest of the hoard think?

Well Stella wants to play ButterScotch will only play on his terms!!

Snuggles plays mommy to everyone / everything! :angel:

Ilovmycatahoula
June 25th, 2009, 08:42 AM
OMG--He looks so much like our Kitty (her name is Kitty :D)

How old is he?

I have an article on my facebook about white cats and how they become white and precautions to take. I'll have to find it and pass along the link. :thumbs up

I think he is 6-8 weeks
He is white with a butterscotch/light orange strips :lovestruck:

Dog Dancer
June 25th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Butterscotch is pretty darn cute too! What a crew you've acquired.