Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

Luvmypitgirls
June 23rd, 2009, 02:10 PM
I can't believe it, I'm absolutely devestated!:sad:
Yesterday, for the first time in a long long time, my siatica (sp?) flared up.
It hurts so bad, I cry when I have to stand up and walk.

To add to my pain I got a phone call this morning, this is where the devestation comes in....

Phone rings:

Me: hello.
Hubby: Hi sweetheart, I have a question for you.
Me: Ok?
Hubby: Dale (a friend), has tickets to Fleetwood Mac tonight and he can't go, they are floor tickets and he'll sell them to us for 100 bucks each, they are regularily 170, wanna go?
Me: (bursting into tears) Omg, of course I wanna go, but I can't! My back hurts way too much to do the stairs at the Dome and to stand up for 3 hours, (cuz on the floor if you don't stand you don't see anything).

Since I was a little girl, I've wanted to see Fleetwood Mac in concert, I finally get the chance, and I'm in too much pain to go :cry:

It's not fair!:wall::mad::cry:

ancientgirl
June 23rd, 2009, 02:26 PM
OMg, I totally feel your pain. I've had that happen to me, and herniated disk issues.

Is there any way you can get some heavy duty pain pills?

Luvmypitgirls
June 23rd, 2009, 02:32 PM
OMg, I totally feel your pain. I've had that happen to me, and herniated disk issues.

Is there any way you can get some heavy duty pain pills?

I have percocets, but even they aren't helping much.:sad:
My Chiropractor is on holidays, so I'm basically screwed until he comes back :sad:

Not only am I missing Fleetwood Mac, but it has also disrupted the schedule I made myself for packing and other projects that need to be completed:frustrated:

:shrug: why me? LOL...I keep telling myself, "Thou Shalt Not Snivel", but it's hard...I mean we're talking Fleetwood Mac!:yell:

ancientgirl
June 23rd, 2009, 02:37 PM
Poop! I've always wanted to see Fleetwood Mac myself. Have you put some heat on it? That might help.

Luvmypitgirls
June 23rd, 2009, 02:53 PM
Poop! I've always wanted to see Fleetwood Mac myself. Have you put some heat on it? That might help.

I've been icing it for the most part. I had a heating pad on it for a bit last night, but found that it actually made it hurt more.

I haven't had a full blown Siatica attack in a long time, since I started seeing a Chiro regularily. Get twinges and achy at times but not like this.

I stopped seeing my Chiro as much because the Province of Alberta "de-listed" Chiropractic care, so what used to cost me 15 dollars a visit now costs 45 dollars, which makes going to see him once a week or even once every two weeks a little more impractical now.

It makes it very difficult to care for my son, I can't lift him in or out of his wheelchair, or carry him upstairs...:sad: that bothers me far more than missing Fleetwood Mac, or falling behind on my packing and stuff.
He's very understanding , but I still feel guilty about it:sad:

Tommysmom
June 23rd, 2009, 05:19 PM
Sorry you're not feeling well... but hey, I wouldn't worry about missing Fleetwood Mac, if it makes you feel any better - I saw them a little while ago in Toronto and I was soooooooooo disappointed:sad:. They weren't the same at all without Christine McVee. Hubby and I went with his aunt and uncle and we were all upset afterward, we had looked forward to it so much and it was pretty awful - his aunt and uncle had seen them before years ago and they were brilliant, so we were expecting the same. They didn't even play most of their hits. It was a waste of a go train ticket for us.

I know that doesn't make your sciatica better, but you're not missing out on the concert anyway. Hope you feel better soon!

Dee-O-Gee
June 23rd, 2009, 06:53 PM
OMG--that sucks LMPG. :sick:

:sorry: Tommysmom, but I saw them in Toronto and thought it was a great show (even without Christine). While they played the majority of Rumors, I totally forgot that they performed the song Oh Well til that night! IMO, I thought it was an awesome concert.

The main thing is that you get your back in order and get well. :thumbs up

Luvmypitgirls
June 25th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Thank you for the well wishes, my back is still hurting and it goes right down the length of my left leg :sad:
A friend lent me her cane, which has helped.
Been going to my Chiro every day, he gave me a price break of 30 dollars a visit instead of 45, but it's adding up fast.
He also gave me one heck of a bruise with a pressure point tool, it's huge and very tender, like I wasn't in enough pain:frustrated:
It feels better than it did a few days ago, but still rather painful, especially when I am stuck sitting for long periods of time...like rush hour on the Deerfoot :frustrated:

I'm over missing the Fleetwood Mac concert, a friend told me she went and they actually left before it was over, she said it wasn't very good. Of course she may just be saying that to make me feel better about missing it :laughing:

I'm slowly moving around trying to pack a few items here and there, better than not accomplishing anything I guess.