- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 


Bath fitter question

June 23rd, 2009, 01:27 PM
How many of you have used the company Bath Fitter and either got a tub or shower installed over their old one.

I just moved into my apartment and find my shower worrism. It's old, leaks, is cracked along the top and it looks like a 2 year did the plaster around the tub and in the inside of the tub. Plus, I have wall water damaged long some parts of the shower wall.

I would go to my landlord, however since he didn't tell me about the shower leaking, until i was a min away from signing the lease. Everything else I found out after showering in it.

And honestly I don't feel safe it in *lol*

I don't know much about the works of putting a shower in, but I do know that a crack along the top of the shower (where the wall and shower is separate) is not a good sign. Plus it makes me how professional the people who installed are, since the plaster is one hell of a mess. you know?

I do know that bath fitter as free consulation, but am wondering if anyone as ever use their services and how much did it cost you.


June 23rd, 2009, 01:32 PM
I would not suggest paying for this repair yourself! Try to get a free conslutation with anyone you can, then report the findings to the landlord. If it is deemed unsafe, they should have to fix the problem!!
good luck!

June 23rd, 2009, 01:33 PM
Hey ACO22, i have seen the bathfitter tubs already installed and they do look nice. They are a little on the pricey side tho. My concern is if the wall is already damaged they wouldn't be able to install over it. Is there mould growing, etc,etc. If you would like i could come take a look and give you some advice. But I wouldn't be footing the bill for it if i were you. It is the owners responsibility to maintain the property.

June 23rd, 2009, 02:05 PM
Very true. I guess I could always have someone come in and take a look at it and give me an estimate. However, I would have to get a couple of estimates..which isn't a problem, just can be time consuming.

I just don't need to be taken advangate of and giving me a higher estimate.

I am sure the property managment as their own inspector? Who knows.


Dog Dancer
June 24th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Well I haven't used Bath Fitters, but my guess is if the wall is damaged that would have to be fixed before you could put anything over it.

If you have a property manager then as a tenant I would write a letter (keep a copy) and send it to the property manager requesting the shower be repaired. Period. You don't need to do the legwork to get estimates and such. But make sure you hand deliver the letter or send it by registered mail, and keep a copy. Request a reply in writing so that you have proof that they have received it. And I would say the sooner the better because you don't want them to turn around and blame the leak on you. If they don't respond send a second letter.

It's definitely not your job!!