Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

We Got Our House!

mollywog
June 23rd, 2009, 11:04 AM
Lots of pics of the house (and Molly enjoying the house) can be seen at my blog
http://mollywogblog.blogspot.com/
I REALLY love it! Its so cute and charming and I can't wait to make it our own space.
Enjoy! I would love to hear any advice, ideas etc!

Oh, and Molly already met the neighbours dog... He doesn't look too healthy and they let him roam the streets... :wall: he's afraid of humans but seemed nice enough with Molly. :shrug:

bendyfoot
June 23rd, 2009, 11:08 AM
OMG your house is soooooooo cute!!!:lovestruck:

mollywog
June 23rd, 2009, 11:17 AM
Thanks Bendy! We pretty much fell in love with it at first sight. Its small but has a lot of character and room to grow!

dogcatharmony
June 23rd, 2009, 11:27 AM
congratulations!! What a cute house! Love the doorknobs....reminds me of when I was a kid.

Luvmypitgirls
June 23rd, 2009, 02:23 PM
Mollywog, I love the kitchen, and orange is the newest trend! I'm seeing a lot of orange being used in homes now, many of the houses we looked at had Orange used in one room or the other, it seems to be a hot trend for bedrooms and kitchens. I like it in the kitchen, but don't think I could handle it in a bedroom.

Your house is so charming! I too love the glass doorknobs!

As for the shower curtain, no offence, but I think I have a tablecloth with the same pattern, lol.

I also love the medicine cabinet, those ones are great for doing your hair, it helps so you can see the back of your head too!:D

Congrats on your house, I wish you many many happy years there, making memories with your furrybabies!

Btw, the little kids on your blog are simply adorable! As is Gordon, omg he's a cutie patootie!:lovestruck:

ancientgirl
June 23rd, 2009, 02:31 PM
It's lovely! I like the kitchen a lot. Is the yard fenced? I couldn't tell. That's a big yard though, Molly is going to have a blast.

BenMax
June 23rd, 2009, 02:47 PM
What a charming house.

:offtopic: I just noticed your black dog - I have a foster that looks EXACTLY the same. Same face, same ears, same markings!

Love your house!

mollywog
June 23rd, 2009, 04:00 PM
What a charming house.

:offtopic: I just noticed your black dog - I have a foster that looks EXACTLY the same. Same face, same ears, same markings!

Love your house!

BenMax- that is Molly! I am surprised you haven't seen any pictures of her before!! I would LOVE to see pics of your foster- if allowed. Do you know what breed(s) he/ she is? We got Molly as a rescue from Kentucky so we will never know her background. But we love her all the same!

mollywog
June 23rd, 2009, 04:06 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments!!! I love hearing other people's feedback and ideas!

Mollywog, I love the kitchen, and orange is the newest trend!

As for the shower curtain, no offence, but I think I have a tablecloth with the same pattern, lol.

I also love the medicine cabinet, those ones are great for doing your hair, it helps so you can see the back of your head too!:D

Btw, the little kids on your blog are simply adorable! As is Gordon, omg he's a cutie patootie!:lovestruck:

Thanks LMPG! I don't think I would have chosen that orange for myself but it is fun and funky in the kitchen.
No offense taken on the shower curtain... I thought it was cute, but I do realize everyone has their own styles! (You have a tablecloth with rubber duckies, razors, hairbrushes and toothbrushes on it!?)
The medicine cabinet is a bit too '70s for me... but we are planning on re-doing the bathroom this summer anyways :D
And thanks for checking out the blog. Isn't Gordon pretty much the cutest thing you ever did see? He's from a BYB though.... don't get me started :wall:

It's lovely! I like the kitchen a lot. Is the yard fenced? I couldn't tell. That's a big yard though, Molly is going to have a blast.

Sadly the yard is not fenced.... YET. Next project is to build a garage at the back of the lot (there is road access back there) and then build a fence from garage to house. For now, Molly will have to settle with a tie-out when we are around... but it sure beats apartment living!!! :thumbs up

chico2
June 23rd, 2009, 04:17 PM
Mollywog,that is an adorable house and lots of space for Molly:thumbs up
I sense you will be bothered with the way the other people let their dog roam free.
I would put a fence up first,hubby would have to wait for the garage:laughing:

mollywog
June 23rd, 2009, 04:26 PM
Mollywog,that is an adorable house and lots of space for Molly:thumbs up
I sense you will be bothered with the way the other people let their dog roam free.
I would put a fence up first,hubby would have to wait for the garage:laughing:

Good thinking Chico! I have been working on it, but it's gonna be a tough "sell"! Molly would really benefit from a fenced yard- a safe place to burn off her excess energy! Maybe I will price it out then set up a "proposal" for DH!

breeze
June 23rd, 2009, 04:31 PM
congrats on your new place mollywog !!

lots of land WOW a dogs dream and yours of course..

I kinda like the orange in the kitchen, it livens thing up :thumbs up:thumbs up

Dee-O-Gee
June 23rd, 2009, 06:31 PM
Awesome Blog Mollywog and great captions for the new home. :lightbulb:

I'm with ya on the dormers in the front. That would give such curb appeal. :thumbs up CAH...CHING!

Congratulations and have a great time with the new home. Remember to take before & after snaps when doing renovations. They're so neat to look back on years from now.

CearaQC
June 23rd, 2009, 06:45 PM
I think it's cute! Door knobs especially.

The pale green that you have behind your photos, that would be a great color for your kitchen. Depending on how the sunlight hits, it will either look pale yellow or pale green. It's the kind of color we have on our living room walls, and on the paint strip it was labled "Gemini." We got it in semi-pearl finish which cleans great!

I love the funky solar flare thingy on your lilac photo!

Frenchy
June 23rd, 2009, 06:52 PM
woohoo ! congratulation on your new house ! I too , love the kitchen :lovestruck:

14+kitties
June 23rd, 2009, 06:54 PM
Very neat house! I remember buying my first one. Loved having a place to call our own.... bills included. Nice yard for Molly to run in. The fence will happen soon.
I love those glass doorknobs too. Almost antique. :thumbs up

EndOfFashion
June 23rd, 2009, 08:09 PM
Congratulations! Your house is adorable :) (We're looking to buy a home soon, too...still working on saving a down payment and finding the right house.) I also love the orange in the kitchen. It's a very energetic colour and it works in the kitchen, which is usually the hub of the home!

You MUST post pics of the renovations (I especially want to see the bathroom transformation)!!

mollywog
June 24th, 2009, 06:32 AM
Thanks everyone! To be honest the orange is starting to grow on me. We have some art that complements the orange really well so we have started to put that up and it looks great. We should be all moved in by Saturday. The thing I am most worried about is if the Queen Sized boxsprings will fit up the stairs into the bedrooms..... :eek: :fingerscr
Keep checking my blog for updates! :highfive:

mollywog
June 24th, 2009, 02:21 PM
I can tell Molly is starting to feel at home already.... I looked out the window as I was unpacking and this is what I saw :lovestruck:
Might seem like nothing at all, but for Molly it's a big step. She doesn't usually like to let her guard down and relax in a new situation.

ancientgirl
June 24th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Looks like she's smiling.:D

mollywog
June 24th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Looks like she's smiling.:D

I think she was!!! She LOVES having her own yard.... we are back in our apartment right now (don't actually move into the house until Saturday) and I think she's depressed :sad: :laughing:

chico2
June 24th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Awww,her own yard,she obviously loves it:lovestruck:

breeze
June 25th, 2009, 07:18 AM
I think she was!!! She LOVES having her own yard.... we are back in our apartment right now (don't actually move into the house until Saturday) and I think she's depressed :sad: :laughing:

just keep telling molly only 2 more sleeps and she will have her own yard again :thumbs up

Luvmypitgirls
June 25th, 2009, 02:02 PM
[QUOTE=mollywog;792852]Thanks everyone for your comments!!! I love hearing other people's feedback and ideas!

Thanks LMPG! I don't think I would have chosen that orange for myself but it is fun and funky in the kitchen.
No offense taken on the shower curtain... I thought it was cute, but I do realize everyone has their own styles! (You have a tablecloth with rubber duckies, razors, hairbrushes and toothbrushes on it!?)[QUOTE]

:laughing::laughing:, my eyes must be going along with my back, either that or the pic just didn't show up as well on my monitor.
No no tableclothwith razors and hairbrushes and toothbrushes on it, but one with rubberduckies yes!

Or maybe it's a showercurtain to:eek: I bought it at a yardsale to use as a tablecloth on my picnic table:laughing: It doesn't have holes for showercurtain rings, so I assumed it was a table cloth......now that I think about it maybe it's a sheet for a kids bed :eek:
Oh well it works for the picnic table :laughing:

mollywog
June 26th, 2009, 07:36 AM
LOL Luvmypitgirls!!!! :laughing:

We spent our first night in the house last night! Molly seemed confused, didn't seem to know what was going on! But I put her bed right beside ours and she slept through the night. It was kind of strange, hearing the new 'night noises'.... including the 2 Irish Wolfhounds across the street... OH BOY are they vocal!! Howling and talking/ barking all hours of the day and night...:frustrated: other than that everything is going well... we are finishing the move today!! :party:

Luvmypitgirls
June 30th, 2009, 07:51 PM
LOL Luvmypitgirls!!!! :laughing:

We spent our first night in the house last night! Molly seemed confused, didn't seem to know what was going on! But I put her bed right beside ours and she slept through the night. It was kind of strange, hearing the new 'night noises'.... including the 2 Irish Wolfhounds across the street... OH BOY are they vocal!! Howling and talking/ barking all hours of the day and night...:frustrated: other than that everything is going well... we are finishing the move today!! :party:

Other than the Irish Wolfhounds, I'm glad your first night went well.
I was going to ask you how Molly handled the move and the first night or two, because I'm wondering how my pack is going to adjust too.
I'm a very light sleeper lately, I'm sure all the new "night noises" are going to keep me awake with the pack.
Only 31 more days, till possession. We won't be moving in until Aug 4th tho.
I'm very excited and ohhh so overwhelmed and exhausted all at the same time.:laughing:

Again congrats on the new home, I'm very happy for you.:D

mollywog
June 30th, 2009, 08:03 PM
We are all moved in now, everything is great.... besides the fact that our boxspring wouldn't fit up the stairs so we had to buy a new one :o
Molly is doing well, we are actually leaving her out of her crate for the first time ever if we leave the house for short periods of time. Besides 1 chewed up pencil, she's been doing great! She seems to really like being able to sit on a kitchen chair and look out the front window :D she's always sitting there waiting for us upon our return :cloud9:
As for the Irish Wolfhounds... the :wall: bonehead owners went away for the weekend and left the 2 dogs outside all weekend.... I am pretty sure those dogs howled for the safe return of their pack for 48 hours straight!!! Interestingly enough, the owners had a visit from the bylaw officer while they were gone. The officer hung something on their door- must have been a warning. Hopefully they will learn their lesson!!!

LMPG- that's really exciting, I didn't know you had bought a house recently!!! I bet you can't stop thinking about it! The first few nights are kinda weird, but then you get used to it and it quickly becomes home :sleepy:

I've updated my blog with more pics if anyone is interested!!!

Love4himies
June 30th, 2009, 08:18 PM
What a very lovely home you have, mollywog :lovestruck:.

Luvmypitgirls
July 10th, 2009, 09:22 PM
:shrug:

LMPG- that's really exciting, I didn't know you had bought a house recently!!! I bet you can't stop thinking about it! The first few nights are kinda weird, but then you get used to it and it quickly becomes home :sleepy:

Yeppers, we bought a house a couple months back...so tired I can't remember the exact date, sometime in April or May :confused:

Last weekend, we built a new fence at our current house, a new deck and garage roof, and new retaining walls. It looks so great now! I almost don't want to leave now :laughing:

My renters are going to take possession Sept 1st, and are very pleased with all the upgrading we've done so far.
Unfortunately, not everything I had planned will get done right away, I too have to buy some new things for the new house like a new diningroom set because my current one won't fit, a set for the formal sitting room and such. So instead of three new toilets in this house I'll get two, and the flooring will be finished and the painting.
I'm beyond exhausted and don't have enough energy to be excited about moving yet.
I'm sure the closer it gets the more excited I'll become