Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

dog frequently urinating in his sleep...

r0byn18
June 23rd, 2009, 01:09 AM
Hello. My 2 year old neutered Golden Retriever is having a problem with urinating in his sleep. It's been happening every few months but lasts for days on end. He is frequently urinating outside but is still urinating in large amounts when he sleeps and he seems to not even know that he's doing it until it's happening. I've taken urine samples to the vet 3 different times and they can't find anything wrong but it keeps occurring and I'm not getting any answers. Can someone help me please??? Thank you

growler~GateKeeper
June 24th, 2009, 01:14 AM
When they did the urine test did they also do a culture & sensitivity test to check for infection or crystals?

Have you had any xrays or ultrasounds done to check the structure of the bladder and urethra to make sure it developed properly?

r0byn18
June 27th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Yes when they did the urine test I know they checked for infection and checked his bladder and kidney and said that there was nothing that they could find. They said he didn't need to get any x-rays so they didn't bother. I'm starting to wonder now if there is a kidney stone or blockage of some sort that would cause this.