Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Round two!

Dee-O-Gee
June 22nd, 2009, 07:58 PM
While my poppies and peonies are almost spent, I've got a second wave going on now. :thumbs up

Couple snaps of early roses and their first flush...

Dee-O-Gee
June 22nd, 2009, 08:11 PM
Yellow and Purple always look nice together.

This is my ALPHA-BED Rose Garden. Immediately to your right is "A", Awareness and this row goes to "M", Marilyn Monroe. To your left (at the back) goes from "N", New Zealand to "Z" Zitronitte (immediate front left). In between are Marigolds which help fight off aphids. When I weed and tend to them, I whisper their alphabetical names to myself otherwise my family would think I'm crazy! :D

Here's a picture of my big flower/lawn ornament. :D

Next round will be Stargazer, lolipop and aztec lillies, Phlox & White flowered Yucca's!

14+kitties
June 22nd, 2009, 09:23 PM
Wonderful pics! That big multi coloured flower in the middle of the yard is pretty spiffy too. :thumbs up
My Yucca's have their flowers starting too. Wish they stayed longer. :sad:

Dee-O-Gee
June 22nd, 2009, 09:25 PM
Wonderful pics! That big multi coloured flower in the middle of the yard is pretty spiffy too. :thumbs up
My Yucca's have their flowers starting too. Wish they stayed longer. :sad:

Wow! Your Yucca's are starting to flower already? Mine still have stubby little stalks and don't come out til late July. :eek:

14+kitties
June 22nd, 2009, 09:31 PM
I checked them the other day. I want to move them to another garden. I noticed the stalk was up about a foot or so. Will of course get much larger. But the flower pods were starting to form. It will be a while yet until they are actually flowering. I will wait now till after they flower to move them.

Tundra_Queen
June 23rd, 2009, 12:44 AM
What beautiful roses and your property looks so large. Ours is just a postage stamp size. :(

Debbie

Dee-O-Gee
June 23rd, 2009, 08:28 PM
I checked them the other day. I want to move them to another garden. I noticed the stalk was up about a foot or so. Will of course get much larger. But the flower pods were starting to form. It will be a while yet until they are actually flowering. I will wait now till after they flower to move them.

It's amazing how many more Yucca's you can get from just 1 plant. I was told the key was to make sure you have a male & female near each other to allow pollination & flowering. :shrug:
What beautiful roses and your property looks so large. Ours is just a postage stamp size.

It is fairly large Tundra_Queen. Hubby spends about 3 hours cutting the lawn but he does a whole bunch of criss-crossing things and is very meticulous with his cutting. It's alot of work but we both enjoy the results. :)