Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Loss of a tiny "Lionheart"

TwinkleStar
June 22nd, 2009, 05:19 PM
Hello everyone. For the obvious reasons, I'm both sad and happy to find this site.

My tiny Twinkle cat died on Friday of kidney failure. The vets thought she would not survive more than a month or so when they asked if I would consider taking her home. One look at her incredible face and, of course, I agreed.

That was four years ago.

All 3-1/2 pounds of her fought like a full-grown lioness to enjoy her life to the fullest. There is no question that Twink gave me much more than I could ever have given her. The grief of her loss is utterly overwhelming in a way I have not experienced with any pet who has gone before.

Twink came to me--willingly--every day to get her medication. She spent every minute she could at my side. As she settled to sleep next to my pillow, a little paw would reach out to pull my hand against her warm body--and hold it there until we both went to sleep.

Oh, how I miss everything about her.

I held her and told her how much I loved her as the vet humanely sent Twink on her new journey. There were no miracles left in her aging body. In my sorrow, I made one mistake: I did not ask for a private cremation so that her ashes could be returned to me. It is my one great regret. Twinkle, I'm so sorry. You, of all cats, deserved that final dignity and respect.

Still, you are free of the bonds of disease: no more sickly days, no more infections, no more needles. Your free spirit is now truly free.

Your furry pals, Harry and Bibs, have been looking for you. Watch over them, will you? And if you wouldn't mind, please watch over me as well.

Thank you, Sweetheart. Mama loves you. :cry:

Mat&Murph
June 22nd, 2009, 05:31 PM
Very sorry for your loss!! :grouphug: Welcome to pets.ca

TwinTails
June 22nd, 2009, 08:28 PM
I am so sorry for your loss :cry: :grouphug: :grouphug:

edwina
June 22nd, 2009, 08:31 PM
:sorry: :grouphug:
:rip:

Dee-O-Gee
June 22nd, 2009, 08:34 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss Twinklestar.

:rip: Sweet Tink :candle:

14+kitties
June 22nd, 2009, 08:43 PM
What a wonderful memorial to an amazing little girl. :cloud9:
I am sure you will miss her every day of your life. She was a sweetie for sure.
She is looking after you. Make no mistake. All of our departed souls do. :angel2:
:candle::rip: little Twinkle :candle: You were and still are much loved.

arkania
June 23rd, 2009, 07:02 AM
My condolences Twinklestar. :(

I know how you feel, lost my furbaby 3 weeks ago and the pain has been intense.

My heart goes out to you.

growler~GateKeeper
June 23rd, 2009, 10:49 PM
From one kidney cat mum to another ~ my deepest sympathies :2huggers:

:rip: sweet :angel2: Twinkle :candle: She is playing at the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html) with those who've gone before :candle:

TwinkleStar
June 24th, 2009, 07:39 AM
I can't tell you how much sharing my loss with the wonderful caring people at this site has meant to me. While the pain is still devastating, knowing that I'm not alone is a great gift.

My heart goes out in return to all of you who are enduring the same pain. All of the furbabies at Rainbow Bridge and their people who remain behind are in my thoughts every day. :candle:

I am wearing a locket now with Twink's picture and a bit of her fur inside. She is not only in my heart, but next to it for everyone to see. The name "lionheart" came to me after her death. It seemed so totally appropriate for her that I engraved it on the back of the silver heart I will wear forever. :pawprint:

growler, I particularly love this line from your signature:

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying

There is such simple truth in that thought. Thank you for sharing it with all of us.

Twinkle will be remembered by all of her friends, always.

Huge ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) to everyone. :grouphug:

BenMax
June 24th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Twinklestar - this just broke my heart reading this. I can tell how you wrote about her you are in such pain and I am so very sorry for your loss and sorrow.

I have my Farrah that looks like your baby. I will give her that extra hug today.

I wish you peace and comfort. Your little one is loved and that is all she knew was tenderness and kindness. Bless you both.:grouphug:

RIP little one.:rip:

mollywog
June 24th, 2009, 08:48 AM
TwinkleStar- what a touching dedication to your very special kitty. So sorry for your loss. I am sure she felt your love every minute of her life, and still feels it now.
:rip:

TwinkleStar
June 25th, 2009, 03:02 PM
My vet and her staff had Twinkle's pawprint cast in clay for me! :pawprint: I had no idea about this until they called today to let me know that the cast is there for me to pick up, and of course, that started another round of tears. This time, though, they were tears of gratitude as well as the lingering pain of loss.

I will be forever thankful to have not only highly skilled but also kind and thoughtful people caring for my animals. :grouphug:

Magicwildwolf69
June 25th, 2009, 06:59 PM
i'm so sorry to hear of your lost. i know how it feels to be told that a cat will live a short time and then lives longer then they expect. i lost a kitten to leukemia. they told me she may only live a month to a year. she lived 6 months more. she was pain free and happy for those 6 months. i hope she loved me as much as much as i loved her. she was just a year but there is no time limit on love. i hope your memories of her keep you happy through the pain.