Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I am outraged...

EndOfFashion
June 22nd, 2009, 12:44 PM
So my BF and I were walking Milo late last night, and we ran into a young guy with a boxer pup (looked to be purebred). He acted like he wanted to just walk past us but the dogs obviously wanted to greet each other so he obliged (begrudgingly). He looked really annoyed to even be walking the pup.

Milo approached somewhat quickly and the poor girl cowered - seemed unsocialized? They started sniffing each other somewhat cautiously and we chatted up the guy like we do with every dog owner we meet. How old? She's 5 months. I say "Oh I love Boxers" and my boyfriend mentions that he would love a Boxer so the guy replies "I'm thinking of selling her". Before I can stop myself, I exclaim, "Why?!" Here's the kicker...he mumbles "Get a new one". No explanation why he needs a new dog, why this pup is not good enough for him at only 5 months...NO EMOTION whatsoever from the owner.

I was stunned. Before I could regain the presence of mind to ask any more questions, he was gone. I walked on, LIVID. She's only 5 months old. She seemed sweet. Maybe she is too timid for the gangsta image he wants to portray? And why in the WORLD would he get another dog!?!? He seemed sooo irritated that he had to walk her and allow her to interact with other dogs. Ugh I am so disgusted. If we run into him again, I'm going to ask how much he wants for her. I don't know what I can do about it, but this dog is obviously in the wrong hands. Not to mention he had her on a choke chain but was allowing her to pull in every direction - so obviously it wasn't releasing as it should be. I've never seen this guy before, but I sure hope we run into him again.

Sorry, I just had to vent because I am still so angry about the lack of emotion in the owner's voice when he said he wanted to sell her. :mad::mad::mad: Makes me want to cry...

cpietra16
June 22nd, 2009, 01:14 PM
yup...sounds like an A**H***. What an idiot...his mother should have asked for a new one when he was 5 months old.

Tundra_Queen
June 22nd, 2009, 06:56 PM
Oh the poor baby!

Maybe that guy is one of those owner, that gets implants put into their male dogs so they are more male looking? What a idiot! I sure hope u run into him again and save that poor pup from that idiot!

Debbie

Frenchy
June 22nd, 2009, 07:56 PM
This poor pup may end up in a puppy mill :sad: he sounds like the kind of moron who will put her up for sell on kijiji with the mention : "will sell to best offer"

:wall:

EndOfFashion
June 22nd, 2009, 08:43 PM
cpietra - lol best response, ever.

TQ - no luck yet :sad:

Frenchy - that's exactly what I'm afraid of. I can practically guarantee she isn't spayed, as she's only 5 months and he doesn't seem the type to be that responsible anyway. I can't think of any good outcomes for her...in fact, this is feeling a lot like the situation Milo was in before we stepped in :frustrated:

MommaKat
June 22nd, 2009, 09:09 PM
Maybe casually ask around the area you were walking? If you see another person walking a dog around that area maybe ask them if they have seen this guy and the Boxer puppy. Dog owners tend to pay attention to people who own Dogs in the neighborhood...or at least I do :p .

14+kitties
June 22nd, 2009, 09:12 PM
Loser owner! Unfortunately there are many more like him out there. :wall:

ancientgirl
June 23rd, 2009, 07:25 AM
It sounds like he was hoping for a more aggressive dog and got a sweetheart instead. It's people like that who ruin dogs and why some dogs wind up being put down. What a jerk. I feel bad for that little girl.:sad:

hunnybunny
June 25th, 2009, 06:38 AM
This makes me mad too , i had a similar experience with a lad who had three dogs, one was a lovely young collie x dog and i was fussing him and the lad said he was for sale did i want him , i said why are you selling him and he said because he is too big and eats too much !!! then went on to say they were going to get another smaller dog !!!
Honestly some people are so clueless :wall:.

Luvmypitgirls
June 25th, 2009, 02:08 PM
yup...sounds like an A**H***. What an idiot...his mother should have asked for a new one when he was 5 months old.

I'll second that sentiment :thumbs up

babymomma
June 25th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Ugh, what an As$hat.... I just wish people would care more about the animals they take in. How could you not get attached to a puppy? or any dog for that matter? ARGHJHJKDHSGJKfhbgdhhjdks people.. suck.

Sara1585
June 26th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Unfortunatley he probably will end up with a different puppy since it is so easy for people like that o just dispose of their animals. People like that shouldn't even have them. Probably wanted her when she was much younger cause she was a "cute little puppy" and is now starting to grow up and he has to put time and effort into training etc. Unfortunately there are people like that all over the place. Hopefully if he does find her a new home it will be with someone who truely wants her and will give her a good home. Then maybe he may decide not to get another animal all together.

EndOfFashion
July 1st, 2009, 01:36 PM
Sara, I hope that's the case, but I fear the worst. Unfortunately, I've only seen him once since the incident, and he did not have the boxer with him. :sad: