Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A couple of our members are recovering from surgery.

14+kitties
June 21st, 2009, 04:32 PM
You know who you are. I just wanted to say ...

http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/2.gif
HOPE YOU GET WELL SOON!! http://bestsmileys.com/cats2/15.gif

Sorry. I couldn't find a get well soon smiley. :o
http://bestsmileys.com/cats2/19.gif

Should just add I didn't want to announce names in case they didn't want everyone knowing.

Chaser
June 21st, 2009, 05:06 PM
Yes, best wishes for a speedy recovery! :grouphug:

Sylvie
June 21st, 2009, 06:52 PM
surgery :eek: Good luck on a speedy recovery

Mat&Murph
June 21st, 2009, 07:03 PM
Get well Soon and think Happy thoughts as for a speedy recovery!!!

Luvmypitgirls
June 21st, 2009, 07:34 PM
Well wishes to the members that are recovering from surgery. May your recovery be speedy and problem free. :grouphug:

Dee-O-Gee
June 21st, 2009, 08:08 PM
:highfive: and :grouphug::grouphug:'s

Hope everything goes great and a speedy recovery comes soon.

Frenchy
June 23rd, 2009, 08:13 PM
OMG Chico2 is getting a boob job ??? Way to go Chico2 woot woot ! :thumbs up

:p

ok so I don't know who you are referring too but , speedy recovery ! :goodvibes:

growler~GateKeeper
June 23rd, 2009, 10:52 PM
:goodvibes: speedy healing :goodvibes:

mona_b
June 24th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Awwwwww thank you mf for having this thread....:grouphug:

Yes I am one of them....:D

It hasn't been that easy..But soon I will stop walking like I have a pickle up my butt.LOL..The swelling is slowly going down..I've been doing things I shouldn't be. Been doing it the 3rd week after the surgery. What can I say, I can be stubborn...LOL.. So because of this recovery is a bit slower..:sad:..I can't really sit for a long period of time as it hurts.

It was a hysterectomy(total) that I had...Or as my 18 year old nephew put it, I had my gizzards taken out...:rolleyes:

Thank you ALL for the well wishes.
:grouphug::grouphug:

Frenchy
June 24th, 2009, 05:43 PM
awww Monab , a friend of mine got that operation and yes , I know it wasn't an easy recovery :sad:

I hope things gets better for you real soon ! :goodvibes: :grouphug:

Winston
June 24th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Hey Mona! so it was you! :laughing: I am the other one feeling the pain. I guess we were in around the same time?? I am pretty swollen and uncomfortale. It seems to be a battle of the bowels and bladder since I came home. I had a partial hysterectomy and man oh man I cant wait for the pain to stop. Now I see why the length of recovery is so long!! When did you have it done?

Yes thank you to all of our wonderful cyber friends for all the good wishes! it is so wonderful to know that there are so many great people on this site!

Hmm maybe a boob job would have been less painfull! :D Frenchy your soo bad!

Cindy

mona_b
June 24th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Ohh Frenchy I do too.:sad:

Yup Winston it was me.LOL

I had my done May 20th..5 weeks today....And 9 days before my birthday..:cry:

So you just got your Uterus removed?..When did you have yours done? I was expecting July or Aug but got the call in April for it to be done in May. I was at Mac...The results came back fine..Which is great.

I actually lost 10lbs..:D

No bladder issues with me..Just the bowel..Gas pains were a Biotch..Had them for 35 mins and cried. Hurt real bad. But had a real good clean out the day before the surgery..Didn't know you could pee from your butt....:laughing:..Now I'm going to have an 8mm scar.:sad:

Boob Job? Heck I would rather of had a Brazilian Wax done....:D:p

14+kitties
June 24th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Thanks Mona and Winston for letting people in on your recovery. I think people were thinking I was a bit of a nob for doing this thread. :o Just wanted my friends here to know I was thinking about them. :grouphug: Quick recovery.

Dee-O-Gee
June 24th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Thank you 14+ for letting us know (inconspicuously) that two members were recovering from surgery. It was very thoughtful for you to post this trhead so we could give well wishes.

I am even more thankful to hear the Mona_ B & Winston are coping well with their surgeries. :)

If it's any consolation, a bilateral mammoplasty is just as nasty as a hysterectomy. :evil:

breeze
June 25th, 2009, 07:28 AM
:grouphug::goodvibes::fingerscr

for a speedy recovery :thumbs up

Winston
June 25th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Thank you Breeze!

Mona B
I had it completed a week ago yesterday! so I am still very uncomfortable. How long before you had a bit of life? No results for me yet but I am not really expecting anything? so 5 weeks later and your still walking funny? gives me hope?? just kidding!

Yes mine was just the uterus...but OMG that is enough! :laughing: I had a really wonderful nurse that I liked! :thumbs up she showed me such kindness...then I had another on nights that I wanted to strangle! :sad: Mine was also at Mac also...glad to be home though!

Yeah my issues are more bowel too! I did the cleanse but I find it amazing how long you go without food!

Yeah the scar is pretty big! but its gotta be better than problems we have been having right!!

Speedy recovery my friend!

Cindy

Ohh Frenchy I do too.:sad:

Yup Winston it was me.LOL

I had my done May 20th..5 weeks today....And 9 days before my birthday..:cry:

So you just got your Uterus removed?..When did you have yours done? I was expecting July or Aug but got the call in April for it to be done in May. I was at Mac...The results came back fine..Which is great.

I actually lost 10lbs..:D

No bladder issues with me..Just the bowel..Gas pains were a Biotch..Had them for 35 mins and cried. Hurt real bad. But had a real good clean out the day before the surgery..Didn't know you could pee from your butt....:laughing:..Now I'm going to have an 8mm scar.:sad:

Boob Job? Heck I would rather of had a Brazilian Wax done....:D:p

ancientgirl
June 25th, 2009, 07:46 AM
I hope you both get well soon!

BenMax
June 25th, 2009, 08:16 AM
I wish you both well and a speedy recovery.

You gals are tough! I am such a wuss when it comes to surgery and pain. I would have opened my own thread to get some sympathy....oh yes I would have. At 44 years of age and I come down with a cold, I still call Mommy to come over to my place and make me some 'feel good soup'. I cry like a baby and she still takes care of me. (ok too much woosy information on my part.:laughing:). I am pathetic.

On a serious note - I wish you nothing but the best and get well quickly!:grouphug:

mona_b
June 25th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Cindy, some advise. Walk as much as you can. This will help with the bowels..Walk around the house, or have someone walk with you outside..Don't push it though. If you can only do it for 5-10 mins, that's fine. You don't want to push yourself. As soon as you get tired, stop. When sitting down, don't slouch over..That's my problem and I tense up and get very sore. Just a warning, watch when you sneeze. THAT will hurt.:eek::eek:

I'm sure they gave you all the do's and donts ..Ohhhh NO DOG WALKING

They should call you. I got a call from the office about a week later. She said everything came back fine...I figure they looked for Cancer..:shrug:

Man I loved the Morphine pump.LOL...My daughter said I kept pressing it..She even pumped it for me(nurse told her I was the only one allowed to...LOL)

One thing that ticked me off about the night nurse, she kept waking me up for the pain killers...First thing I said was, your kidding me right...My Morphine pump was taking out the next morning.:sad:

I'll take the scar over what I had been going through anytime...:D

And a very speedy recovery to you too my friend..:grouphug:

Thank you Breeze and ancientgirl :)

14+ you are a sweetheart...((((HUG))))

mona_b
June 25th, 2009, 08:33 AM
I wish you both well and a speedy recovery.

You gals are tough! I am such a wuss when it comes to surgery and pain. I would have opened my own thread to get some sympathy....oh yes I would have. At 44 years of age and I come down with a cold, I still call Mommy to come over to my place and make me some 'feel good soup'. I cry like a baby and she still takes care of me. (ok too much woosy information on my part.:laughing:). I am pathetic.

On a serious note - I wish you nothing but the best and get well quickly!:grouphug:

LOL....Your funny..:p

Next time you feel under the weather, let me know ok...;)

Thank you.:)

Golden Girls
June 25th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Mona and Winston sorry you guys are :sick:

LMAO BenMax's you'd open your own sympathythread & Frenchy's Chico2 is getting a boob job posts :laughing:

One of my sisters is getting this surgery done on the 30th :sad:

:goodvibes: for a speedy recovery :goodvibes:

Jim Hall
June 25th, 2009, 08:55 AM
EWWWWW GIRL STUFF!!!:eek::eek:

sorry had to say it hope Y'all are runiing around soon :thumbs up:thumbs uplike the young pups you are

mona_b
June 25th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Thank you...:)

I wish your sister a speedy recovery when she has it done...:grouphug:

Well reading all this, you can give her the heads up...This will prepare her..:D

Golden Girls
June 25th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Thanks Mona. Maybe when she's recouperating I'll send her this link. I do plan to tell her the survival rate is 100% :thumbs up She's terrified as I would be.

Winston
June 25th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Mona the pump was good! but I was also suprised when they took it out the next morning...ahh the first night they did the same to me waking me up but then after the third day they would leave me for 5 hours at a time :sad:
'I am doing the walking but I tire really easy!

GG its the after pain that I would worry about and hopefully yoour friend has lots of help around the house!
:thumbs up