Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I don't want to jinx myself, but I met a nice guy.

ancientgirl
June 21st, 2009, 03:14 PM
I've been talking to him for about a week online, and yesterday we had lunch and spent a couple of hours just getting to know each other a little.

Not the usual guy I am attracted to physically, but I really liked his outlook on things when we were talking and the fact he said he loved animals. He has two dogs that are rescues from the Humane Society and he adores them, and he also just gave his daughter a little 2 months old Chihuahua. We spoke extensively about me and my cats and what I am looking for in a person in regards to how accepting they are. He said that we were both and that whoever he was with would have to accept his dogs. So I think we are both looking for the same thing as far as our pets and the people we meet.

We are going to have dinner either Wednesday or Thursday of this week. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

babymomma
June 21st, 2009, 03:31 PM
Oh! This one sounds promising!

Good luck on your date!

ancientgirl
June 21st, 2009, 03:32 PM
Thanks! Yes, so far he seems like a nice guy.

14+kitties
June 21st, 2009, 05:34 PM
Fingers' crossed for you. Just don't let him have your addy for a while. You just never know. No taking chances young lady.
:thumbs up

pbpatti
June 21st, 2009, 05:53 PM
I am so happy for you, enjoy dinner, see where it goes, have fun!!!

ancientgirl
June 21st, 2009, 06:33 PM
Fingers' crossed for you. Just don't let him have your addy for a while. You just never know. No taking chances young lady.
:thumbs up

All he knows is the general area I live. Wednesday for dinner we'll just meet somewhere.

Sylvie
June 21st, 2009, 08:03 PM
Good for you.

Enjoy yourself :thumbs up

Luvmypitgirls
June 21st, 2009, 08:39 PM
So far so good, he sounds like a nice man.
My hubby wasn't the type I was normally physically attracted to either, but we will be celebrating our umpteenth anniversary this July.

I hope this one turns out to be everything you hope for!
I'm happy for you, but of course as someone else has already said, be careful, take no chances...yet.

TacoGrl
June 21st, 2009, 09:01 PM
Good luck AG :fingerscr

Most serial killers don't have pets, so all might be good! :evil:

Bearsmom
June 22nd, 2009, 06:31 AM
Good luck, ancientgirl!

DH is not my usual type either....we celebrate 9 years of marriage on July 1st.

Ya just never know!

ancientgirl
June 22nd, 2009, 08:41 AM
Thanks everyone. What I'm really liking about him the most is he's an animal lover so he can't be all bad.:D

joeysmama
June 22nd, 2009, 01:13 PM
28 years with "not my type" !!:cloud9: You never know !!! I hope he turns out to be a great guy !!