Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Chico - did you say black cat?

14+kitties
June 19th, 2009, 09:59 AM
In the catuary? Someone decided to make him/herself at home last night.
Can't get very close. S/he takes off under the house. :sad:
I think he has been recently dumped. I am making a poster so I can check with neighbours but not likely. So sad. He is a very nice looking kitty.
Missy is checking him out from the ground. Nipper was on the roof of the small house doing the same. And Tinker is standing on the edge of the little doghouse. There's an interloper in "their" home!!

14+kitties
June 19th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Just added this one for the heck of it. Stormy was sitting on the fence post right outside our door at night. This is taken through a window so not very clear.

Chris21711
June 19th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Blackie is gonna stand out like a sore thumb in the catuary 14k :laughing:.....I'm guessing it isn't as easy to get out as it is to get in. I'm sure he will come around and let you have a lookie......This is neverending for you....sigh :grouphug:

14+kitties
June 19th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Blackie is gonna stand out like a sore thumb in the catuary 14k :laughing:.....I'm guessing it isn't as easy to get out as it is to get in. I'm sure he will come around and let you have a lookie......This is neverending for you....sigh :grouphug:

:laughing: He will, won't he? I will see if I can get close to him/her. If possible this one will be adopted. What is it with black cats no one wants? :frustrated: It just seems there have been a lot more this year. Hubby says they are following each other up from the bush. :shrug:

Jim Hall
June 19th, 2009, 10:47 AM
so im sitting on the stoop petting janet my friend's little black cat and this guy stops and in some kind of accent says shoo shoo kat ohh black cat very bad luck

i look up and say wth?

he says ohh black cat very bad luck he should shoo now

i say pal if you dont stop dissing this cat i will be your bad luck now bugger off janet looks up yawns and gpes back to sleep

14+kitties
June 19th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Yeah Jim, I know all about black cats and bad luck. What a crock of ****!
I have never seen a black cat in our neighbourhood before. The farmer two doors down has a black calico kitty who has been fixed. His other one is white/grey so I know this one doesn't belong to them. The neighbour just down from us has no cats. In fact the only one who has a cat in this area that I know of besides the farmer is the other way. Her cat never gets outside.
Kitty was pretty shiny and sleek. I think it's been pretty well taken care of. I just don't. I will make the rounds after work today and tomorrow to ask around.

Chris21711
June 19th, 2009, 10:54 AM
i say pal if you dont stop dissing this cat i will be your bad luck now bugger off janet looks up yawns and gpes back to sleep

I love it Jim :laughing:

hazelrunpack
June 19th, 2009, 11:55 AM
He's a pretty kitty! Doesn't know that he's found a good place, yet, but I 'spect he'll figure it out soon. Or maybe he's been lurking and finally decided to take the plunge :cat:

Does he seem to get along with the others? :fingerscr

ancientgirl
June 19th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Poor little guy. By the looks of him sitting in front of that bowl, he must have been hungry.:sad:

That whole black cat bad luck thing is totally so ridiculous. I read that in the UK they're considered good luck. Don't know if that's true.

When I knew I was ready to adopt a cat, I specifically looked for a black cat! Vlad was the last of his litter, nobody wanted him because he was black. And Oksana had two siblings that were tuxedos, and I specifically told the girl I wanted her and for them not to let anybody take her. I've always wanted a black cat, and I've got two black beauties!:D

14+kitties
June 19th, 2009, 09:51 PM
I think it will take a while before they will all get along. Adding a newbie to the mix is a sure way to start small scuffles. The kitties are unsure of the new one and tend to take it out on each other. They haven't been too bad. I saw the black one and Tinker (or Mew) sitting pretty close to each other for a while tonight just staring. They both got up and moved the opposite ways at the same time. :laughing: Mutual surrender? :shrug:
Every time a new one comes in KMK makes me pay for it. When I go in to feed him he is soooo cranky. He swats constantly. :sad:

growler~GateKeeper
June 19th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Looks like all the cats in the hood know whose got the best set up :D

I don't suppose KMK's house could be moved a little farther away from the main catuary house but still inside the enclosure eh? He's probably feeling a bit threatened by the "hordes" of cats outside his fence even if there's only a couple at a time :shrug:

Do you have a feeding station closer to the woods?

14+kitties
June 20th, 2009, 02:15 PM
No growler. If his "house" was moved it would be too close to the fence which would make it easy for the other kitties to climb to the top and then over the fence. No way to separate them. The whole enclosure is open so no way to keep them apart. He will settle soon. I know once he starts growling to move my hand quick!!

A feeding station closer to the woods would be a great idea except for a few things....
I hate ticks! They are so bad this year as soon as you hit the longer grass they are on you.
I would be not only feeding the cats but all the other wildlife out there; including coyotes. Pass on that one.
The tenants doggies would be back there helping themselves to the food as fast as I could put it out. If not the dogs then his cat. :frustrated:
I don't mind them coming up. It would be wonderful if all the females could be fixed so there are no more babies. But I'm sure trying to get the males covered!!

Jim Hall
June 20th, 2009, 03:12 PM
my goodness me every once in a while i am reminded that you live in the woods basically

chico2
June 20th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Awww 14+he got in,hopefully if it's a boy,he's already neutered,he looks so pretty sitting there.
The area enclosed,is really large,so if there is a fight,I am sure they can run and take cover..

The black cat thing,is just ignorance and the reason I got Chico from a pet-shop.
He was all alone,a long week-end was coming up,where he would be totally alone,he was so sweet and when I left the store he was crying:sad:
So after talking to hubby,I went back and got him.
He is the cuddliest,kissiest little cat(except with Vinnie:laughing:)and I think black cats are beautiful.
I think the others just don't like a basement-cat in their Tabby-full midst:laughing:

edwina
June 20th, 2009, 04:13 PM
I have had 8 black cats in my lifetime, and i find them no different than any other color or breed of cat. :shrug: They all have there own little personality's just like people. Black cats are my favorite. :cat:
Nice kitty catuary :) , i have been working on some kinda like that. I do have one finished for 2 of my cats, and am working on another soon. :)

chico2
June 20th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Edwina,my Chico looked just like the kitten in your avatar when I got him:cat:

edwina
June 20th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Thats my Tater Bug. She is my spoiled little girl. :rolleyes: She is the one i built the "catuary" for. She will be sharing it with my other cat Sparky as soon as he gets fixed. There not far from the same age. :)

love my cats
June 21st, 2009, 03:16 AM
i'm in ontario also ,peterborough ...our black cat went missing on 13th june...was wondering if your close to my area ..my cat was neutered male ,green eyes & long haired he is missed so much ..paddy is his name.

14+kitties
June 21st, 2009, 05:25 AM
Aww sorry love my cats. This guy is short haired. His eyes looked greenish from what I could see through my binoculars. I can't get very close to him/her.
I am located between Hamilton and St. Cats. Not likely this is your kitty. Have you put a pic and a notice up in our lost and found section?

14+kitties
June 21st, 2009, 06:09 AM
I have had 8 black cats in my lifetime, and i find them no different than any other color or breed of cat. :shrug: They all have there own little personality's just like people. Black cats are my favorite. :cat:
Nice kitty catuary :) , i have been working on some kinda like that. I do have one finished for 2 of my cats, and am working on another soon. :)

Oh please take some pics. Would love to see the set up in your cattery.

edwina
June 21st, 2009, 12:16 PM
Ok hopefully these work, i only use photobucket for ebay, but i thought it would be a good place to upload the pics since they where way too big to put directly here. :) This is taterbug now with her new house. It will be hers till Sparky gets fixed and moves in with her. Hopefully they will get along, if not it will be hers alone. :) It gets part sun in the afternoon. She has carpet on her shelves, and grass to roll in. She seems to love it. :lovestruck: I still have to add her cat nip, i am going to plant some in a heavy pot and put it inside. She will be able to eat it when ever she wants. I put riverstone down, since it is nice and smooth and pretty. :D I have had issues with putting down mulch or straw , they tend to use it as one giant litter box. :sad:
I will in the next few days put up more pics on photo bucket, and i will put them in its own topic in the photo section. I have to "upgrade" the posey twins (pansy & viola) catuary soon, when i do i will put up pics of that too. :D
The other "catuary's" will be at the left of this one when i can make them. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/spikespetcat/cats/DSC01786.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/spikespetcat/cats/DSC01787.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/spikespetcat/cats/DSC01777.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/spikespetcat/cats/DSC01774.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/spikespetcat/cats/DSC01775.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/spikespetcat/cats/DSC01778.jpg

14+kitties
June 21st, 2009, 02:05 PM
Very neat. Is that corrugated steel on the roof? I just wonder if that would get too hot in the summer for them? Or is it that plastic stuff? Can't remember the name of it. Sorry. :o The plastic would be ok. Wouldn't get near as hot then.
It's a cute set up. I use pine shavings for one corner so mine can use it for a giant litter box. It's cleaned daily and changed out completely once a week.

edwina
June 21st, 2009, 02:31 PM
No its the plastic stuff. :) Yeah i think tin would be too hot also. The back of the building that faces the west is painted white so it reflecs some of the heat. There is a tree to the right, so she dont get the full southern sun, only part sun. Just enough for her to sun bath and her grass to grow. :D What is great about it is most of the lumber used is reclaimed from our old wooden shed we had torn down. :thumbs up Me and my cats recycle. :laughing:

chico2
June 21st, 2009, 03:56 PM
Edwina,that looks great,but I hope they still get cuddles and kisses,they are not feral.right??

edwina
June 21st, 2009, 10:21 PM
No tater bug and sparky get plenty of kisses and hugs. :grouphug: They both demand lots of attention. :D I dont really name the feral cats that i feed. I try not to get "too" attached to them because i never know how long they will be around. :sad: I usually only name the ones i can hold or pet that i have in catuary's or in the house. :)

I put up a thread with most of my kitty pics in, i have to get better pics of Squirt, Sis, and Sparky, and i will upload them then. :)

chico2
June 22nd, 2009, 06:43 AM
Edwina :grouphug:for what you are doing:cat:

cord
August 26th, 2009, 07:11 PM
CORD - ONLY APPROVED RESCUES CAN POST THEIR PETS FOR ADOPTION, NOT INDIVIDUAL PEOPLE.

THX - mARKO