Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Protest the "Pitbull" ban

babyrocky1
June 18th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Our Court Efforts Have Failed.. but WE WILL NOT GIVE UP!
there will be a MASSIVE demonstration.. on Saturday July 18th at two oclolck.. in Ottawa at the Supreme Court Building and Toronto at Queens Park..
The "Pit Bull" Co-op will be helping organize the demonstration at Queens Park/
We will be doing a group dog walk.. PLEASE COME.. all breeds are welcome.. all dogs must be in full compliance with all laws!
I will be back in the morning to post the link to the Facebook Group.

Please help promote this demonstration.
This is a show of strength and a demonstration 0f the will of responsible dog owners to educate the public and to change this legislation.

the Government of the Day is Just that.. the Government of one really LONG BAD day!

Chris21711
June 19th, 2009, 11:20 AM
I'll pass the word babyrocky....

The city seems on some kind of mission though. In the T. Star the other day there was an article about a sweet Pittie girl who had been at TAS for 3 1/2 years, finally a judge cleared her and let her free....now the city is going to appeal :yell:....She was being walked, leashed and muzzled, when an unleashed dog came and started picking a fight, ripped her muzzle off and the Pittie girl bit the dog and the owner of the dog.....There were witnesses that the other dog provoked it and that it was unleashed, also that this other dog had bitten before :frustrated:

Who gets hauled off by Animal Control The Pittie Girl :yell:

babyrocky1
June 19th, 2009, 12:32 PM
yes, that was Ginger.. Ruby got her out and she is at least home for a while!
I think we need this rally sooo much to show the powers that be that we are still holding them accountable for their actions regardless of the recent legal DISAPPOINTMENT!
Its a good time for it too because people are realizing that all this law does is target ordinary citizens and innocent dogs!

Chris21711
June 19th, 2009, 12:42 PM
The whole affair is a huge disappointment babyrocky....I just feel that they don't even want to consider overturning it...what possible grounds could the Supreme Court have for not even wanting to hear an appeal, where is the justice in a downright refusal.

Why is the city being so dogmatic in pursuing Ginger's case....they also mentioned in the same article that there are a number of Pitties awaiting decisions, I don't remember how many......right now they have a two month old in their custody, we all know her/his fate, what harm can a pup do, they won't even consider giving any Pittie a chance :wall::yell::frustrated:

Sara1585
June 19th, 2009, 05:54 PM
The media has done so much damage to the breed, it's horrible. i find it interesting that court systems all over the province are backed up with case but the city it going to waist everyone's time, all to try and have a good dog destroyed. i heard that England tried to enforce the same type of law years ago and were unsuccessful and that is when they changed it from a breed specific law to a general dangerous dog law. I don't see why Ontario isn't open for doing the same.

babyrocky1
June 19th, 2009, 10:41 PM
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=88600637733&ref=nf

rotts4ever
June 20th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Hey my friend you know me... I am not in Ont ( at least right now ) but we are planning a protest here in Halifax too. I will be there sporting at least one dog ... along with the marque collar that says " SAY NO TO BSL".

babyrocky1
June 20th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Oh yes I know..... Halifax, Ottawa, and Toronto! Rotts, do you have a location to post?

Etown_Chick
June 20th, 2009, 06:53 PM
This is all so sad. Yes I know they can cause a great deal of damage when they bite, hence the fear that people have.
We have several at our doggie park and have only had one incident (I totally blame the owner, everyone does).
Dogs are just....dogs! If only they could ban stupids from owning them....

LittleLoves
June 20th, 2009, 09:06 PM
So sad. :(

bendyfoot
June 22nd, 2009, 11:19 AM
I'll try to attend the Ottawa protest...will you post times when they're available? I can't access the Facebook page...

babyrocky1
June 22nd, 2009, 04:41 PM
Sure, as soon as I find out but I think its two, the same as Toronto on July 18th.. is there something wrong with the link?

bendyfoot
June 23rd, 2009, 09:31 AM
I'm sure the link's fine, I just can't access FB from this computer. Thanks!

BenMax
June 23rd, 2009, 10:30 AM
I heard from my pittie contacts in Ontario. I was hoping to stop having to bring them over to Quebec and then fly them out somewhere safe. It's all horse manure!

bendyfoot
June 23rd, 2009, 10:59 AM
Yeah no such luck BM. It all stinks. :frustrated: