Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I need to vent...

JennieV
June 18th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Is it just me or do the gas companies gouge our $$ to the last penny??? :yell::yell::yell:

Last night as I was driving home, the gas price for regular was 1.03/litre...This morning its up to 1.15/litre!!!! I know its Father's day and all, but HECK!! (okay, I admit, I was gonna use a much stronger word to describe how I feel) :frustrated:

And why do we continue to bend over and take it?? Can we not arrange some kind of demonstration or anything?? I cannot get to my work place by public transport, its a very awkward location and the closest bus stop is something like a 20 minute walk away. :shrug: A subway station is even further and the bus that goes there takes a tour of the city..and then I still have to cross into Montreal and take 2-3 more buses to get home and walk some more to get to my home.

Yes, I am just angry and fed up...Mostly fed up...

TacoGrl
June 18th, 2009, 04:13 PM
What I don't understand is that there is a law in Canada pertaining to the sale of old merchandise at new prices and yet the oil companies seem to be exempt from this law...the gas in the tanks should be sold out at the old price and then the raise goes into effect when the tank is replenished. :frustrated:

Another thing is the speed at which the price goes up does not equal the speed in which the price goes down...the raise is blamed on the rise in barrel price, yet when the barrel goes down, the price at the pump doesn't...or at least not as much as it goes up. It'll go up .15 for a $5 raise per barrel but go down .02 for a $15 decrease per barrel. :frustrated:

They are crooks...crooks who have made friends in high places. I am lucky, I can walk to the train if I work downtown...if I work elsewhere, forget the transit system...surly drivers, dirty buses, drunks on the buses, three buses that don't connect to get 10 kms away...I have no choice but to suck it up and drive. :frustrated:

NoahGrey
June 18th, 2009, 05:19 PM
a $1.15 is nothing. It was up to close to $2.00 last summer. Gas prices go up every summer. It is the prime time too, for it is when people go on vacation.

But yeah it sucks. I am just glad that now I am a 10-20 min drive to work, rather then an hour drive. Which I was driving last summer.

ACO22

chico2
June 18th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Our Gas-Companys can get away with this because we are Canadians,we just complain and accept it:yell:
Some organized protesting like in other countries,even the US,might make them stop robbing us.

JennieV
June 18th, 2009, 05:37 PM
TacoGirl, I wasn't aware of that law... Humm

Aco, I realize it's summer, but the barrel has not gone up, there are no emergencies or lack of gasoline...WHY are they raising the prices? Because the can...DISGUSTING. :wall: There's nobody on our side.

Its an artificially created "deficit" and while I understand that the Government is getting $$$$ on each fill-up, they are supposed to protect us, citizens? :shrug:

Why can't this be controlled somehow?? :sad:

I know, we need to change our driving habits and reduce the usage of cars, but until the municipalities provide us with better public transportation its pretty much out of the question. Bills need to be paid therefore I need to wok therefore I need to drive.:sick: vicious circle.