Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Need some opinions

CarolynInPEI
June 18th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Hi,

I need some opinions on what i can do (if i can do anything) about cats around our house. The cats are from a house down the street from us and there are a lot of them. Well, most of the cats are from that house......some aren't. There seems to be a lot of people around here with outdoor cats that are not spayed or neutered.

Well my problem is that these cats are everywhere. And don't get me wrong, I love cats but these ones aren't friendly. I can't get near enough to them to pet them. The real problem is the fact that the cats feel the need to spray on everything. House, deck, driveway, MY CAR!! I don't know how to stop them. The one house with all the cats (I'm talking probably +20) take no responsibility for these cats and them and they roam the neighborhood.

I always try to befriend the cats....but it never works. On Sunday I spotted 3 of the them walking down the road (2 males and a small female). I got really close to 1 male and the female. I could have touched the female but I didn't want to spook her. Well, the male, who was about a foot away from me just stared at me then pissed right in front of me!!! I never seen a cat do that before.

Sorry this is so long. Is there anything I can do about these cats spraying all over the place?