Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

aww was it cute ?

Jim Hall
June 18th, 2009, 09:54 AM
http://hamptonroads.com.nyud.net/2009/06/peta-wishes-obama-hadnt-swatted-fly

lmao :thumbs up:lightbulb::wall::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Norfolk-based group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants the flyswatter in chief to try taking a more humane attitude the next time he's bedeviled by a fly in the White House.

PETA is sending President Barack Obama a Katcha Bug Humane Bug Catcher, a device that allows users to trap a house fly and then release it outside.

babymomma
June 18th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Ugh.. I hate PETA

I was always the wierd kid that took bugs outside instead of killing them, but i dont expect the rest of the word to do it:frustrated:

Jim Hall
June 18th, 2009, 10:48 AM
i take em out side too except roaches

kiara
June 18th, 2009, 09:10 PM
I think these PETA nuts (fanatics) really need to get a LIFE, or find another cause !!!!!! I will catch all the mosquitos in my back yard and ship them off to their houses !!!! ha ha ha

Jim Hall
June 18th, 2009, 10:22 PM
well how far to you want to go
thier are peole in asia (buddhist) they carry a broom to sweep before them so they dont tread on an insect All life has buddah spirit

onster
June 18th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Yep Jainism Jim. They even wear face masks so as not to accidently inhale anything live and kill it.

Having said that...really PETA..i mean really???????? even if this is their belief, they dont need to impose it on others or be disappointed in others for not doing the same. yeesh.

TacoGrl
June 19th, 2009, 12:16 AM
I saw the Pres kill fly yesterday on the news and actually thought it was cool and laughed! He semes like kind of a cool guy. Oh no, now PETA is coming to get me!

I don't get most special interest groups...most of them seem to go to extremes to make their points...extremes that seem far worse than the act they are fighting. :shrug:

Jim Hall
June 19th, 2009, 12:17 AM
i also cannot belive tehy make a "humane " trap for flies i love free enterprise!!!

onster
June 19th, 2009, 12:36 AM
lol i wonder how much one costs....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lol

hazelrunpack
June 19th, 2009, 12:21 PM
LOL I wonder how many of them they actually sell!? :laughing:

Jim Hall
June 19th, 2009, 12:23 PM
and then what do you do rehome them find a rescue ? adopt them?

fky free little fly!!! oh oh the catjust got him oh well bussie is now at the rainbow bridge

Luvmypitgirls
June 19th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Peta, is made up of fanaticals and hypocrites.

Remember, this is the same group that used the "Greyhound" tragedy (as in bus), for a promo ad and to make a point.

And as long as they have ppl like Pam Anderson as a spokesperson, I will never take them seriously.

Just my humble opinion, :)

muggsmom
June 21st, 2009, 12:10 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing:and then what do you do rehome them find a rescue ? adopt them?

fky free little fly!!! oh oh the catjust got him oh well bussie is now at the rainbow bridge

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

chico2
June 21st, 2009, 05:29 PM
I am one of those weird people I catch flies in a glass and let them outside:laughing:
But,come on,Peta is a joke,these are the same people who think Pit-Bulls should all be euthanized,a bunch of morons if you ask me:evil:

Jim Hall
June 22nd, 2009, 08:11 AM
awww u "relocate" them howsweet chico

i love peta they are so far out there

and i totally belve in thier saying that when animals are used for profit the animal suffers

Golden Girls
June 22nd, 2009, 08:34 AM
I am one of those weird people I catch flies in a glass and let them outside:laughing:
But,come on,Peta is a joke,these are the same people who think Pit-Bulls should all be euthanized,a bunch of morons if you ask me:evil:I do that too - :loser: Peta will do anything for front page news.

chico2
June 22nd, 2009, 04:28 PM
The problem with Peta,they make all animal-lovers look bad,like a bunch of lunatics,everyone assumes you support Peta:evil:

Jim Hall
June 22nd, 2009, 04:49 PM
lolidint need peta to be a lunatic my hood already knows that

chico2
June 22nd, 2009, 04:54 PM
Well Jim,I kind of have a reputation too:laughing:

Dee-O-Gee
June 22nd, 2009, 10:37 PM
PETA wouldn't have been impressed with my Golden Bailey Girl! :eek: She would never waive her paw infront of her face to "swoosh" them away.

A fly in our house was fair game. Bailey would catch them in mid-air and they never had a second chance. She ate them!

Oh the circle of life. :shrug:

chico2
June 23rd, 2009, 08:11 AM
Yeah,my cats have had a few fly-snacks too:laughing: