Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

omg..

Luvmypitgirls
June 17th, 2009, 08:12 PM
They just did a story on the evening news, reporting how a 92 yr old woman was mugged by two women in their early 20's:mad:
Seriously what is this world coming to?

Stuff like this just turns my stomach, how absolutely disgusting.

The elderly lady, suffered a broken pelvis and a serious concussion..:sad:
Bless her heart she tried to fight, but they threw her down on the pavement.:sad:

I'll be praying that she recovers.

As for the two responsible, well..I won't go into detail what I would like to see happen to them if they are ever caught....:evil:

TacoGrl
June 17th, 2009, 11:38 PM
I couldn't believe that either!!! What a fiesty lady though-they got nothing and ran away again proving the cowards they are...good for her, but she sure got hurt :sad:

The GM of Southcenter was on there talking about how the cameras were disabled from the renos and he was actually smiling! What a shmuck. :frustrated:

I hope the two "ladies" get caught and accidently fall into a wall :evil:

pbpatti
June 17th, 2009, 11:45 PM
I couldn't believe that either!!! What a fiesty lady though-they got nothing and ran away again proving the cowards they are...good for her, but she sure got hurt :sad:

The GM of Southcenter was on there talking about how the cameras were disabled from the renos and he was actually smiling! What a shmuck. :frustrated:

did you mean wall or well so we can make wishes on how they should repay the elderly women they hurt. I sincerely hope that she recovers.

TacoGrl
June 17th, 2009, 11:58 PM
did you mean wall or well so we can make wishes on how they should repay the elderly women they hurt. I sincerely hope that she recovers.

I mean wall...people like that are useless wastes of skin. :frustrated:

ancientgirl
June 18th, 2009, 08:43 AM
This last generation has been raised with serious entitlement issues. They don't want to work, or go to school, yet they think everyone owes them anything they want.

That's beyond disgusting. More so because of the news I learned yesterday about my own niece, which I will be posting on in another thread. All I can say is, I'm glad I don't have kids.

Dog Dancer
June 18th, 2009, 05:06 PM
While I agree that this current younger generation are ones who feel entitled to the good life, I have to say they aren't all that way. Thank goodness. It seems that's all you hear about in the news though of course. It's not so interesting to read about some 26 year old giving up his seat on the bus to a woman, but my son would. He just gets it. Some kids don't sadly.

chico2
June 18th, 2009, 05:11 PM
At 92,unfortunately a broken pelvis and a concussion could mean she will not make it,but I certainly hope she does:pray:

Luvmypitgirls
June 18th, 2009, 08:50 PM

I heard they got her purse, but all her credit cards have been flagged in hopes of apprehending the suspects while trying to use them. Apparently she had no or little cash on her at the time.

I haven't heard about her condition yet today:sad:

TacoGrl
June 19th, 2009, 12:23 AM
I heard that today too...the news last night said they got away with nothing...:shrug:

The news at six said she is still in hospital :sad: :fingerscr

Sylvie
June 19th, 2009, 11:39 AM
This happens all too often in every city. :sad:

The poor lay will never be the same. My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family. The saddest part is that the two that did this will not even feel any remorse.:eek:

Luvmypitgirls
June 20th, 2009, 08:51 PM
My MIL told me that they have arrested one of the women involved, I'm sure she's given the name of her co-conspirator as well.

Hope they serve a very long prison sentence...Oh wait..what am I thinking, this is Canada, no such thing as a long prison sentence..:frustrated:

TacoGrl
June 20th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Saw on the news tonight they arrested the other one :highfive:

The lady is apparently up and walking around, but still in the hospital. :fingerscr

Luvmypitgirls
June 21st, 2009, 01:49 PM
Saw on the news tonight they arrested the other one :highfive:

The lady is apparently up and walking around, but still in the hospital. :fingerscr

Glad to hear that they have apprehended the other one too.
I heard one of them came from the Black Diamond/Turner Valley area, both small communities, I would think it would be rather difficult for her to walk the streets there with her head held high now.
Then again, to even be able to carry out such a heinous act, I doubt she really cares what other ppl think.