Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I think she likes it!

babymomma
June 17th, 2009, 03:32 PM
lol.. I got crafty, And yes, this is about as crafty as i can get (Sad I know) lol..

I recyled stuff around the house and made a VERY comfy bed for in keely's kennel. Every bed in the stores are either round, to big, or to small:rolleyes:

So, I took a pillow case that my mom ruined the other day with bleach that was destined for the trash.(It looks terrible, so she wanted to trash it)

I took the Stuffed german shepherd, that was also doomed for the dump, because keely has it torn to peices. And i took the old blanket that keely used to have in her small kennel. Plus some thread and a needle.

I took the stuffing out of the GSD toy and ripped it up to make it floooofy, instead of compact and uncomfy. Stuffed the pillowcase and Sewed it to make it a perfect fit for her kennel.. Pretty simple.. And CHEAP. Then i wrapped the pillowcase in her pawprint planket.. Now her bed looks presentable. And OMG, I want one in people size! :eek: Its so cooshy.

It feels more comfortable then the dog beds ive seen in stores.

She doesnt use her dog bed. She never goes into her kennel unless asked.. But today, she has been going in there to lie down instead of on the couch.

Its almost wierd.

ANyways.. i think she likes it.

http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee333/keely_momma/Comfy%20kennel/001.jpg

http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee333/keely_momma/Comfy%20kennel/002.jpg

Sylvie
June 17th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Good for you.:thumbs up

She looks like she is very comfortable. :D

BrownEyedGirl
June 17th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Well you are more crafty than I am! :thumbs up

she certainly looks comfy.

TacoGrl
June 17th, 2009, 04:45 PM
She is truly a "lady of leisure" now! All she needs are Cabana boys to fan her! ...and WHERE is her bevy?!?

chico2
June 17th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Awww what a little sweety,she obviously loves her new bed:lovestruck:

babymomma
June 17th, 2009, 05:25 PM
lol.. thanks guys.. Has anybody noticed yet how excited i get over little things like this?:o:p

Dee-O-Gee
June 17th, 2009, 10:16 PM
I think we all get excited about these little things (especially when it costs next to nothing) and what a great idea to share. :lightbulb:

BTW--I'm still lovin the pink! :lovestruck: