Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My turn....

14+kitties
June 17th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Gardens are still in pretty bad shape. Not a lot of time to work them so far this year. But I do still have some nice plants coming up. Please ignore the weeds. :o
My white potentilla shrub. It's full of blooms right now.
One of my many ground covers. The flower lasts for quite a while and is a prolific self seeder. Love it!
Two different shades of Prunella Freelander.

14+kitties
June 17th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Jacob's Ladder. It's started to go to seed already. :sad:
Another of my ground cover peeking from under a hosta. This one is one of the many in the Campanula family.
Part of my side garden. The yellow flower is a columbine. So is the purple and white one. To the left is one of my taller Blanket Flowers. Another of my favs. In the background is one of my Coral Bells.

14+kitties
June 17th, 2009, 01:55 PM
The pink flower is another columbine. And of course Dead Nettle in the background. The tall plant to the right is my Globe Centura. When it is in bloom it is gorgeous with big yellow flowers. Looks like thorn flowers.
Sweet William, one of my Mom's :rip: favourite flowers. I will always have one in my gardens somewhere.
Another of the Prunella Freelander. They are a neat ground cover flower. They flower for a long time. :thumbs up

14+kitties
June 17th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Pink Creeping Baby's Breath. Looks like there will be tons of seed this year.
A true Geranium.

JennieV
June 17th, 2009, 02:47 PM
i think the garden is beautiful!! :thumbs up

chico2
June 17th, 2009, 04:18 PM
14+,beautiful:thumbs up
I just love this time of the year and this year it seems everything is growing like crazy,gotta come back and see all yours:thumbs up

allfurlove
June 17th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Gorgeous, I especially love the pink and purple groundcovers, wow!!!

clm
June 17th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Very pretty. I love creeping baby's breath. I haven't had any for years now. I must get some again.

Cindy

14+kitties
June 18th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Thanks ladies.
clm - The pink one isn't nearly as invasive as the white creeper is. If you would like PM me your addy and I will send on some seed when the time is right. Anyone else wants some let me know.

BenMax
June 18th, 2009, 11:45 AM
You have a green thumb - I can't even keep a cactus alive!

hazelrunpack
June 19th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Beautiful flowers, 14+ :cloud9: Is the red groundcover a saxifrage?

I had no idea Jacob's ladders flowered that tall! :eek: Mine is in the shade of the hummingbird garden and doesn't have nearly that many flowers...and none are that tall! Very pretty!

14+kitties
June 19th, 2009, 11:18 AM
I got that plant so many years ago I can't remember exactly what it is. Pretty bad huh? I seem to remember them being in the sedum family though. I will have to check the books later. Would you like some of the seed sent?
Jacob's Ladder seems to do a lot better grown in full sun. That particular plant has been there about4 years now.

Chris21711
June 19th, 2009, 11:26 AM
I love the tiddley Campanula 14k - does it flower for long?

I see I'm gonna have to do a raid when your back is turned :laughing:

hazelrunpack
June 19th, 2009, 12:02 PM
I got that plant so many years ago I can't remember exactly what it is. Pretty bad huh? I seem to remember them being in the sedum family though. I will have to check the books later. Would you like some of the seed sent?

If you have any to spare, I'd love some of the seed! I have the perfect spot for it out front :thumbs up

Tundra_Queen
June 21st, 2009, 11:36 PM
What lovely plants!! I haven't been out in my gardens much at all this year and now the black flies are out and I really don't want to go out there. LOL

I will just keep coming to the garden forum, now that I have found it, to look at all your flowers.

Debbie