Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My greyhound has a huge rash

greyzmom
June 17th, 2009, 12:44 PM
My greyhound, Sully, has developed a non-raised rash over her entire belly, chest, inner thighs, up neck to sides of face. She doesn't seem bothered by it, not scratching at all, eating, drinking normally. Any ideas what it might be?? Thanks.:pawprint:

JennieV
June 17th, 2009, 01:56 PM
greyzmom, we are not vets.

If the rash concerns you enough to post about it online, you should really seek a veterinary consultation.
We cannot determine how severe it is and what it is and how it should be treated. :confused:

Sorry, but if it was yourself or your child, what would be your course of action? :shrug:

Frenchy
June 17th, 2009, 09:54 PM
You MUST take your dog to a vet asap ! It could be hot spot , which will spread if not treated (and you need meds for this , from vet) or worse , demodex ! Your dog needs to see vet !

greyzmom
June 18th, 2009, 07:35 AM
It is definetly NOT a hot spot. She will see the vet, just wondered if anyone else had a pet that might have had the same thing. I KNOW you're not vets.

JennieV
June 18th, 2009, 03:01 PM
It is definetly NOT a hot spot. She will see the vet, just wondered if anyone else had a pet that might have had the same thing. I KNOW you're not vets.

I think it would be hard for us to help you, as we don't SEE the dog and don't KNOW what it is your dog has and by your description it could be any number of things from allergy to something more serious.. thats why I recommended that she sees a doc.

:shrug:

the gang
June 18th, 2009, 03:26 PM
check your mess box brenda.