Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Thread Saving--Is it possible?

Dee-O-Gee
June 15th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Just wondering if there is anyway that a new thread can be saved/stored to allow you to come back, open and continue?

It would be nice to start a thread, create your story but have the option to save it somewhere and be able to open and continue the new thread at a later time.

Sometimes having to cook dinner, change a load of laundry or unexpected situations get in the way of posting a new thread immediately. :frustrated:

Just a thought. :shrug:

marko
June 17th, 2009, 06:34 AM
Hmmm I'm not sure this can be dome with regular threads.
It CAN be sort of done with the bulletin board blog (link in blue navbar) for members with 50+ posts. There you can post whatever you like at anytime and choose to allow other members to comment or not. Have you tried it?
Thx - Marko

Dee-O-Gee
June 17th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Well I just explored the "blog" and found that if you go into control panel and select Custom Blog, you can save and edit there.

I guess after my thoughts are gathered, I could simply do a cut & paste to post into the regular thread forums. :shrug:

Thanks Marko!

marko
June 18th, 2009, 07:47 AM
There's no 'draft' function for threads. Once they are posted, anyone else can comment.

What I do occasionally is just copy stuff to a notepad or word document then use it later. Hope that helps - Marko

Dee-O-Gee
June 18th, 2009, 08:08 PM
What I find time consuming is just trying to write a half decent thread then managing/uploading the attachments (pictures), all in a matter of little time. :shrug:

Then something happens where I have to tend to something else and simply cannot finish the thread that I was working on. :headslap:

I'm going to try the Custom Blog on my next thread, write my story, insert pictures, try to save then go back and edit it.

I'm still learning all the ins-and-outs so this will be a new discovery if it works for me. :lightbulb: