Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Does she look purebreed

foxynikky69
August 12th, 2004, 05:06 PM
We bought her from a person who had an accidental litter, but swore she was pure breed but we have been told other wise, if u could look at this pic and tell me if she looks pure breed or not to you that would be great, even though it doesnt make a diffrence to me, I love her either way :) Lol sorry shes supose to be purebreed Shih-Tzu :)

foxynikky69
August 12th, 2004, 05:33 PM
can someone please help me

shan
August 12th, 2004, 05:45 PM
I am not really sure. I also own a shih tzu, but she is supposed to be shih tzu bichon X. I cant really tell on your girl because the picture is not of her face. Shih tzus have a very smushed in nose. My dog has a bit longer nose so I am sure there is some bichon in her.

Lucky Rescue
August 12th, 2004, 05:56 PM
Hard to say. She could be a badly bred purebred, or she could be mixed. You aren't planning on breeding or showing her, are you?

She is extremely cute!!:)

glasslass
August 12th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Purebred Luv-Muffin! :D If you aren't going to breed or show, doesn't matter! :D

Luba
August 12th, 2004, 07:06 PM
My dog looks pure the collie breeders even tell me she does but she's still a mutt!! She didnt' come from a reputable breeder of collie stock she is a mutt, a rescued lovable mutt :D

Your lil furry wonder is absolutely adorable.

glasslass
August 12th, 2004, 07:37 PM
I haven't seen that picture of Sadie. Such a pretty girl! I've heard that sometimes a mixed breed avoids some of the genetic problems that purebreds can be susceptible to. Sadie sure struck the gold!

GunnerX
August 12th, 2004, 07:51 PM
Shih Tzu's have a shorter nose and quite large eyes.

Here's Ariel, I believe she's pure. :D

http://www.gunnerx.com/albums/ariel/DSC05024.jpg

http://www.gunnerx.com/albums/ariel/DSC05091.sized.jpg

Luba
August 12th, 2004, 08:22 PM
Okay WAAAAy too much cuteness in here :D

Goldenmom
August 12th, 2004, 08:46 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so, so cute!!!!! I want another one!!! :rolleyes:

Heather and her 3 Golden Girls

goldenblaze
August 12th, 2004, 10:13 PM
I also have a shih tzu and the face in much shorter and eyes large. Females do have a even shorter face nose on top almost :)

By the look of her face I would guess Shih Tzu mixed with a Lapso my mom has a little girl, very sweet dog. No matter if she is mixed or not one thing forsure she sure is cute.

glasslass
August 13th, 2004, 01:06 AM
I can't see that much difference in the length of the nose. The hair is a little more trimmed in that area, which can make it appear longer. She's adorable!

Cactus Flower
August 13th, 2004, 03:12 AM
When I am not sure about what breeds are in a dog, I call it a "Purebred Whatsit".
(You'd be amazed how many people take the answer seriously...I guess "Whatsit" sounds like an official breed?)

Sorry, I get the Lhasas and Tzus and Pekapoos etc all confused with one another. Give it a flat face and lots of hair and I'm lost.

shihtzulover
August 13th, 2004, 07:19 AM
Hi
Here is a picture of sophie, they look almost alike :) . Sophie is a purebred Shih Tzu. Her parents are both registered.
The only difference I see is that Sophies face is a bit more pushed in.

glasslass
August 13th, 2004, 10:17 AM
I love these little bandits! They just steal your heart! :D :D