Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

He's here!!! He is home!!!

dogcatharmony
June 15th, 2009, 01:54 PM
:lovestruck:

i just brought new kitty home today!!!:cloud9:

He is definitley not a Chester. I have never seen such a laid back cool kitty (yeah , I know Chester from the cheesie ads is laid back and cool, but this kitty is even cooler) He has already tolerated spit maulings from the dog, ate his first bit of wet food, took him 20 minutes to eat a table spoon, he chewed each morsel. He was let out of his kitty cage and proceeded to hop on the couch and lay down on the back of the big cushions. That is how he entered his new home.

He didn't make a peep on the drive home, offered his belly to everyone he has met so far. My mom even had to come over and meet the new grand baby.

Now here is the weird thing, i had my two blocked off up stairs, had the dog outside so kitty could have a bit of time to dry off. And my two boogerheads managed to escape and come downstairs, Phoebe sniffed new kitty's nose and walked right past him to lay on the rug. Amos come down, sniffed new kitty, shook his head, sniffed new kitty again and went back upstairs to eat.

No hiss, no hair raised, no nothing. Not from any single one of them. Little fella is currently watching the birds (don't think he has ever seen outside) while Zoe gives his butt a spit bath.

He is maybe 5-6 months old, he sees the vet tomorrow and we make a neuter appointment.

Of course I have some pics......and probably lots more to follow.

dogcatharmony
June 15th, 2009, 01:55 PM
more pics of course

hazelrunpack
June 15th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Sounds like a match made in heaven! :cloud9: So if he's not a Chester, what are you going to call him? :D

kandy
June 15th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Congrats on the newest addition!!!!!! He's a cutie! But I think maybe you need to teach him what a litterbox is actually used for. Looks like he thinks the one in the crate is a bed. LOL

Jim Hall
June 15th, 2009, 02:16 PM
cool congrats

dogcatharmony
June 15th, 2009, 02:44 PM
finally a face shot and he killed his first spider!!!

sugarcatmom
June 15th, 2009, 02:45 PM
OMG he is so scrumptious! I can see why you fell in love with him. He obviously has that power over everyone he meets. :lovestruck: Glad to hear the introductions all went smoothly.

dogcatharmony
June 15th, 2009, 02:46 PM
LOL........I have no idea what to name him......he is just super cool. I thought Antonio (from Shrek, puss and boots) I have no idea.......any name suggestions??

ancientgirl
June 15th, 2009, 03:05 PM
He's absolutely adorable! I actually really like Chester. Maybe Chess? :shrug:

TwinTails
June 15th, 2009, 03:11 PM
He's gorgeous! He looks like a lightened version of my Oliver :cloud9: Gotta love the cool cats :laughing:

dogcatharmony
June 15th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Well he has already been sucked into the cat vortex......(that's upstairs). He is crashed on the rug with both my boogerheads!!

Jim Hall
June 15th, 2009, 03:19 PM
how bout lil softie?

chico2
June 15th, 2009, 04:02 PM
DCH,he is beautiful for sure,what a sweet little face,I too think Chester is a great name for him.
It's amazing he adapted to you other cats and dog so quickly,where did he come from???
I must have missed something again:confused:

dogcatharmony
June 15th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Chico, he was adopted out when he was just a kitten from a group in my city that helped with animal assistance. The woman had him for a few months and then her husband gave her the ultimatum of "me or the cat"......like I said before she made the wrong decision.:rolleyes:

So she dropped him off at a local independant pet store that was fostering cats for this group (the group ran into some trouble and is having some problems with the city) So she housed him and fed him and started looking for a home. The lady left no name for the kitty, nothing. And then I came along.

He has been living in the crate (seen in the pic) for two months(give or take) so he has been in a busy enviroment with dogs, cats, all kinds of people. Now there is no getting him back in his crate, even for quiet time........he just made himself at home, and thank goodness my crew has been so accepting.

My calico is being a bit of a pushy "queen" right now. But the minute you say her name she settles down. Amos has totally taken to the little fella, poor guy they have been running around for three hours now. He hasn't slept a wink yet, his nose and his feets are pinker than pink.

I am so happy that this has gone so easy......guess it was just meant to be.:cloud9:

Chaser
June 15th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Congrats on your new cutie! Sounds just like Rupert, the way he took to Zoe right away.

14+kitties
June 15th, 2009, 09:24 PM
OMGosh!! He looks like kr's Fagan a bit. :cloud9: What a sweetie. Looks like he will be a big boy. :lovestruck: I love the one where he is in the litter box and looking up. He just has this star struck look on his face. And the laying in the box..... completely normal. Every one of mine did it when encountered with a new space. I think it's a comfort thing. He will stop soon.
You are so lucky you have such laid back furries. Everything has moved remarkably well. :thumbs up Good job!! Maybe you just have a knack of choosing pets that will get along.
More pics please. :D

Frenchy
June 15th, 2009, 09:28 PM
woohoo congratulations ! Looks like he already feels at home ! :thumbs up

He has beautiful eyes :lovestruck:

how about Dweezil :p

hazelrunpack
June 15th, 2009, 09:57 PM
:yell: NOT DWEEZIL!!!! :laughing:

He needs something more dignified...like...um...Dexter...or um... er....

Sigh...I'm no good at names...just not Dweezil! :laughing:

cpietra16
June 15th, 2009, 10:28 PM
He's absolutely gorgeous. I love the coloring. I think Walter suites him fine..:D:angel:

growler~GateKeeper
June 15th, 2009, 11:48 PM
That's wonderful how well everyone has accepted everyone :highfive:

He sure is a cutie :lovestruck:

How about Charlie? :shrug:

Tundra_Queen
June 16th, 2009, 01:47 AM
DCH you got him!!!! Yeahhhhh He is a beautiful boy! I'm so glad the intros went so fast.

How about calling him Spidey...as in Spiderman.......LOL And if he kills spiders he's a keeper just for that in my books! LOL Mine just stare at them...LOL

Debbie

chico2
June 16th, 2009, 06:47 AM
DCH,a great story,sometimes fate intervenes and it's just meant to be,he's a lucky beautiful little boy:cat:

dogcatharmony
June 16th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Well everyone made the night. Zoe took a pretty good swat to the nose and we had some blood, it was a little messy because she was wound up and excited. I put a bit of pressure on it and it stopped.

Phoebe has a bit of a bee in her bonnet....but I just pick her up and put her on my lap and pet her. I think she got wound up because the scent on the cage is not the scent of the new cat, there was another cat at the store and he was spraying, so of course he had to scent the cage. After she smelled that I think now she is looking for another cat. How do you remove cat spray? Not that I think the cage is going to be set up for much longer, I just want to give him a safe place that he knows if the dog gets a bit excited.

He already walks around the place like he has lived here forever. He got the zoomies bad last night, he took my fourteen stairs in two bounces and then used the rest of the house like a race track. Think he may have slept for two hours, he jumped on the bed and slept beside Amos, who showed him that when the human is trying to sleep it is the best time to do your meticulous grooming.......with all the grunting, and slooping and chewing noises. He also showed him that using the humans legs to hold yourself up while you are spit batheing is the proper way to do it. He fell asleep with all his little hot paws pressed up against my leg.

He has already kicked the dry food that he has been on. Showed him what wet food tasted like and he is hooked. Already knows the snap of the can means tasty nummies.

Funny thing, you should his tail. It just like a lemur's tail and he walks with the tip curled in a Q. Its so long and fluffy, the pics don't do it justice. I will try to get a pic of him walking with his tail, and don't worry if I do get a back end shot, those boys on the back won't be there long.

For names I thought of Murphy, Oscar, Fozzie (like the lovable bear on the Muppets) and I did think Walter! LOL. Don't know, he is all big eyes and big tail, serious I think of a lemur everytime he walks by.:shrug:

dogcatharmony
June 16th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Now isn't this precious,

ancientgirl
June 16th, 2009, 07:31 AM
He already walks around the place like he has lived here forever. He got the zoomies bad last night, he took my fourteen stairs in two bounces and then used the rest of the house like a race track. Think he may have slept for two hours, he jumped on the bed and slept beside Amos, who showed him that when the human is trying to sleep it is the best time to do your meticulous grooming.......with all the grunting, and slooping and chewing noises. He also showed him that using the humans legs to hold yourself up while you are spit batheing is the proper way to do it. He fell asleep with all his little hot paws pressed up against my leg.

LOL, mine do that too. Maks does it the most. He sleeps right against me, and when he gets up to settle in, first thing he does is start his bathing. I can always feel his little paws on my leg getting leverage.

I like Oscar. When I got Maks, I had three names picked out, Maksimilian, Oscar and Simon. Maks seemed to fit him best. Your little guy could be a Simon too though.

dogcatharmony
June 16th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Ok.......want some feedback......

I am thinking I have his name.......

how does ivan sound?

ancientgirl
June 16th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Hmm...Nikolai maybe?

Jim Hall
June 16th, 2009, 11:18 AM
ilove that last picture looks like you got a smart dogtoo

clm
June 16th, 2009, 11:53 AM
I like Ivan, do you mean as in Ivan the terrible. :laughing:

He's a beautiful cat. I kind of still like Chester though. It's a good name.

Cindy

JennieV
June 16th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Ohhh he is adorable, DGH!!!
:thumbs up:thumbs up

How about Tigris? you could call him Tiggy...lol

14+kitties
June 16th, 2009, 12:46 PM
How about Cayenne or Copper? Or is he not orange enough? I love that he got the zoomies already. :cloud9: Poor Zoe's nose. :sad: I guess she didn't learn from looks of the pics. Nice and close in them. So sweet!!

happycats
June 16th, 2009, 01:41 PM
congratulations on the new cutie !!:lovestruck:

He looks like a "Morris" do you remember Morris the cat from 9 lives?
or Garfield
Nermal
Booker
Sheldon
Odie
Oscar
Malcolm
Eddie
Tango

dogcatharmony
June 16th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Little fella just come home from his first vet appt. Poor guy, he had ear mites really really bad and they had to flush his ears, he is soaking wet. Vet said he was cool as a cucumber even with them doing that.

He is almost 9 pounds, vet said that he is well over the age limit they gave me. More like almost 9 months old. He has a neuter appt. on Monday the 29th, we go in a week ahead to do blood work and i need to bring in a fecal. Vet said he is in excellent health, he didn't even shed a hair! Gave kisses and then came home to Zoe trying to give his little wet head a cleaning.

She sent me with treatments for everyone so we are covered on the ear mites.

Now I am off to get a pic of his cute little wet head!:D

dogcatharmony
June 16th, 2009, 02:27 PM
I guess I should put his pics under photos now....so new pics will be there.

Thanks for the compliments everyone, he is just :cloud9:

So glad I could add a new baby to my crew, and of course all the valuable things I have learnt for new kitty. Big thanks go out to Sugarcatmom!!! My new baby will not have any kitty "crack" in his bowl.:highfive:

chico2
June 16th, 2009, 03:27 PM
DCH,it's so nice to hear(read)this kitty must be really special,why anyone would give him up,is beyond me,but e has a great home now:thumbs up

dogcatharmony
June 16th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Chico, it is beyond me how this little fella ever got into being let go. But one thing I have learnt is that when they pick you, well then they just have to come home. Something says that they chose you for some reason, and that you just cannot deny them not being in your life.

This little guy, first time I met him, was hanging onto my legs while I was picking out cat food. I bent down to say hello and he boofed me with no claws right in the middle of the forehead. Second time I met him he was hiding in his box, when I come throught the door he stretched out as tall as he could and stuck his arms throught the cage.........

Sorry getting a little mushy, but he just waltzed in and did his thing in a totally strange house. Don't care about the dog mauling him, introduced himself to the cats upstairs......he is special little guy. Now I just have to find him a special little name.:cat:

Frenchy
June 16th, 2009, 06:40 PM
:yell: NOT DWEEZIL!!!! :laughing:

He needs something more dignified...like...um...Dexter...or um... er....

Sigh...I'm no good at names...just not Dweezil! :laughing:

Hey ! That was suppose to be my future son's name ! :laughing: If I ever saw the light and felt the need to have a baby that is :eek:

I like Fozzy .... the other names are too complicated for a french girl :laughing:

dogcatharmony
June 16th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Ummmmm Hazel you are the winner.

Out of all the names i have been saying and testing, the moment I said "Dexter" he looked at me and jumped on the couch for loving. Guess we have a little Dex now.

Glad i could give him name, I have been saying "phoebe, phoebe, Zoe, zoe phoebe,, pheeb, Zoe......so many times I thought he would think it was his name.

And he is not feeling to well right now, vet trip, needles, ear flushing, he is a little bummed out.......and you would never believe who is mothering him........well aside from Zoe licking him from one side to the other........but little Miss. Phoebe. She cleaned his feet, still growls if he looks at her, he went to the box and did his business, she checked the box and then went and cleaned his bum. Again he can't look. He is crashed on a pillow and she is nesting right beside him, sniffing, if he looks she hisses, he closes his eyes she mothers.

:shrug: silly little calico and her "tude". I know Amos is upstairs celebrating. No dog, no Phoebe.....he has the whole upstairs all to his lonesome. No wonder he welcomed him with open arms!!!

hazelrunpack
June 16th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Aw, Phoebe! :cloud9: Such a good girl... At our house, the grumpy ones have big hearts, too. :D

Nice to meet you, Dexter! :D He looks like a Dexter to me...and Dexter is just so much more dignified than Dweezil! :laughing: But I can't believe he agreed! :eek: I'm not good at names... :o

14+kitties
June 16th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Hello Dexter, you handsome dude. :cloud9: The name suits him to a tee. :thumbs up Good job hazel!

growler~GateKeeper
June 17th, 2009, 01:02 AM
Dexter is a great name :thumbs up

Wonderful how well he is getting along with your crew, love the pics w/him eating & Zoe waiting to clean up :D

dogcatharmony
June 17th, 2009, 06:21 AM
whooopsie.........Dexter found the joys of toilet paper last night!!!!:evil:

I didn't even think about it, Amos and Phoebe don't try and get to it anymore when it is up high, (if it's left on a roll, or the side of the tub it is fair game) but I didn't even think of a slinky agile young cat pulling off acrobatic tricks in the middle of the night.

He managed to get 4 rolls.....must have gotten tired, he did find the pack of 24 rolls. YAY for confetti!!!

So he spunked back up and is up to mischief again.....of course that means that Phoebe lost her mothering ways and is back to being Queen bee.

And I think he likes his name, evertime you say Dex he looks up and comes running, usually to be interrupted by Zoe. But he does respond. Thanks Hazel for the name suggestion....LOVE IT!!

chico2
June 17th, 2009, 06:31 AM
Aww Dexter it is,very fitting:lovestruck:
Phoebe is being a good mommy,wants to teach Dex who is the matriarch of the house-hold:cat:
As for the toilet-paper,hmmm teenage kitties:laughing:

ancientgirl
June 17th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Dexter is a cute name for him.

luckypenny
June 17th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Dexter is a doll :lovestruck:. Love the pic of Zoe with him :cloud9:.

meow
June 17th, 2009, 01:34 PM
finally a face shot and he killed his first spider!!!Aw what a cute and sweet kitty!:goodvibes:

Tundra_Queen
June 17th, 2009, 01:44 PM
DCH I love the name Dexter! That is my goldfishe's name that is the size of a salmon. LOL

Dexter sounds like a sweetie pie and I'm glad he is getting along with everyone so well!

Debbie

14+kitties
June 17th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Ohhhh toilet paper! So far I have been lucky with my group. Waiting for the day though. :rolleyes:
Dexter sounds like he is going to be a joy to have around. :cloud9: