Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Tummy issues.

ancientgirl
June 14th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Oksana spent about an hour last night throwing up. At first, I heard one of them throwing up in the kitchen. I ran in and only Oksana and Maks were in there. I thought it had been Maks, since he was standing over the barf. I cleaned it up, then as I was cleaning it up, heard throwing up again. Turns out it was Oksana.

I cleaned it up, gave her some Cimetidine, that I'd had from the last time they all had tummy problems, and she ran upstairs. I went after her, and found her throwing up in the bathroom, so I shut the door so the others wouldn't start walking inside. She really only had very little left in her tummy. After that, she seemed okay the rest of the evening.

This morning, I found more barf on the counter, so I figured it must have been her. I gave her more Cimetidine, then went to the grocery store and got some chicken. I gave them all chicken for dinner. Right now, everybody is napping off some full tummies, and Oksana is on top of the kitchen cabinets, one of her favorite spots.

I have some chicken left, so I think I'll give that to Oksana in the morning. Hopefully, whatever she had is gone.:fingerscr

On a side note, my camera died.:frustrated: So, no more pictures for a while.:sad:

TacoGrl
June 14th, 2009, 06:17 PM
On a side note, my camera died.:frustrated: So, no more pictures for a while.:sad:

That's ok...we've all seen barf before!!! :laughing::D:laughing:

Seriously though...upset tummies are no fun :sad: I hope Oksana is better in the morning :fingerscr

14+kitties
June 14th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Poor Oskana. I hope she is feeling better very soon. Not amusing at all to be sick.

ancientgirl
June 14th, 2009, 06:53 PM
She just barfed again. I made an appointment for the vet for Tuesday at 7:30. It's the soonest appointment the vet had. The good thing is it's their vet who is on call this week. I just gave her some Flagyl, which hopefully will help her if she's got any bacteria in her tummy.

growler~GateKeeper
June 14th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Did they have any new brand/flavour food they hadn't tried before?

How is Oksana's poop been lately?

Has she been drinking water today?

Poor girl that's a lot of barfing :grouphug:

Love4himies
June 14th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Awww poor Oksana :sad:

ancientgirl
June 14th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Did they have any new brand/flavour food they hadn't tried before?

How is Oksana's poop been lately?

Has she been drinking water today?

Poor girl that's a lot of barfing :grouphug:

Nope, she's eating the same food I always give them.

It's hard to tell, with so many. But I haven't noticed any odd poop in the box.

Oksana drinks very little water. As a matter of fact, I don't think I've noticed her actually drinking water from the bowl since she was a kitten.

I haven't given any of them treats today. I can't give her any with her tummy like it is, so I just stopped it for the others as well.

She's acting normal otherwise. They've all eaten for today, so with no more food to eat, I'm hoping she's done throwing up.

Tomorrow morning I'll give her some more flagyl, then give them some food and hopefully she'll keep it down. :fingerscr

If she keeps her food down tomorrow, then I'll just keep giving her the flagyl for a few days and hopefully won't need to take her in to the vet. But if she throws up her food tomorrow too, I'll keep the Tuesday appointment.

ancientgirl
June 15th, 2009, 07:38 PM
So far so good. This morning, I gave them all their usual EVO, and I added the left over chicken I made yesterday. I gave Oksana another dose of Flagyl, and she didn't throw up. I came home and found no vomit anywhere. The Flagyl is a twice daily med, so I gave her another bit and made them chicken again. I added the chicken to their EVO. I can't just make her chicken, because the others will want it and won't leave her in peace. So they all get it. So far she's kept it down.

I still have her appointment for the vet tomorrow. I'm going to see how it goes tomorrow and if she's kept her food down like today, I'll move the appointment for later this week. I can watch her a few more days and if she doesn't throw up anymore then likely it was just a bug. I want to take her in at some point to have them x-ray her lungs, just so I can be sure she doesn't have asthma. so when I take her in for that, I can have them do a check up on her.

As of now though, my Little Miss is okay.:thumbs up