Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

You just wait....

chico2
June 14th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Little thing,you just wait until we get outside,we're gonna get you:laughing:

hazelrunpack
June 14th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Wildlife...reality television for Felines and Canines :laughing: Ours do the same thing--and the squirrels and chipmunks are just as brazen! Revenge is being plotted even as I type! :p

14+kitties
June 14th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Wonderful pics! Such a brave little guy too!
It's great that a common "enemy" can bring your three boys together. :thumbs up

chico2
June 14th, 2009, 04:28 PM
I have a little box out there and the Squirrels come and get theit Peanuts.
The cats,when outside,will chase a Squirrel,but would not know what to do with it.
They are very brazen,will come up on the deck even if the cats are out there:laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
June 14th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Chico is so intent on watching the furry invader he didn't even notice that he & Vinnie are touching in the 2nd pic :laughing:

So nice to have a little natural mental stimulation safe behind glass doors :D

chico2
June 14th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Growler,it's only a screen-door,as long as Vinnie does not sniff him,Chico is ok:laughing:

hazelrunpack
June 14th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Oh, my! Just a screen! :eek: Do the cats make any noise while the Varmints are out there? Does it scare the squirrel away if they do?

And what is it about Vinnie sniffing that Chico doesn't like? :D Maybe it's just that ceiling cat / basement cat thing. :cat:

chico2
June 14th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Hazel,we have soo many Squirrels around,my cats are used to seeing them,they will just pretend to catch them,I think the Squirrels know they can outrun them any day:laughing:

ancientgirl
June 14th, 2009, 04:50 PM
I wish I had a yard or was even on a first floor. My gang only sees a squirrel now and then when they are up in the palm tree, hence that great picture I got of 4 of them enthralled! LOL.

TacoGrl
June 14th, 2009, 05:28 PM
A couple of apartments ago, I used to have squirrels that would climb up to my balcony and I would feed them. One started coming in through the open door and sitting on the floor in my living room...Mooki saw it one day, came over, sniffed at it...took a swat at it and the squirrel got on its hinds and started boxing with her!!!! Mooki never bothered it again and it made a ritual of coming in, me giving it a few peanuts then leaving...I always wondered if the new tenants wondered why this squirrel felt so at home! :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
June 14th, 2009, 05:49 PM
TacoGrl that's too cute :D Did you get any pics? :fingerscr

Duffy's closest encounter with a squirrel was a little black one that was running along the top of my parents back gate & Duffy was sitting on the end post. The squirrel came right up to her, they touched noses and the squirrel turned around when down the gate & scampered off up the alley - Duffy didn't move through the whole thing except to reach her nose out. :D Shortly after that Duffy got mad at my :rip: :cat: Mischief when she saw Mischief chasing a black squirrel possibly the same one :laughing:

TacoGrl
June 14th, 2009, 08:06 PM
TacoGrl that's too cute :D Did you get any pics? :fingerscr

I wish I did...I didn't have the digital camera back then so I didn't take many pics :sad: ...and now my two are wishing I didn't have the camera now!

Dee-O-Gee
June 14th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Once again--adorable pics Chico2! Got another chuckle-thank you! :thumbs up

It's amazing how a camera can capture "a moment."

chico2
June 15th, 2009, 06:56 AM
I have a pic,but have to look for it,from last year,where Vinnie is very close to a baby-squirrel,but decides to ignore it.
I don't think cats really know what to do with Squirrels,they are fun to chase,but then what:laughing:

Taco-Girl,we've had a few very tame Squirrels over the years.
I started feeding one many yrs ago because she was missing a front-leg and it was amazing to see how she managed without being able to grab food with two front-paws,but she did.
Our second was a gray Squirrel with no tail and it went on from there,of course not to forget FiFi,who we had here for several years,she actually came when I called her name.
Here is my girl FiFi:rip:
I cannot find the ones with Vinnie and the baby:yell:

chico2
June 15th, 2009, 06:58 AM
oops,forgot FiFi,everyone have already seen her before though..