Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Poppies popped

chico2
June 14th, 2009, 05:02 PM
I don't have many and they don't last long,but I really love them,what an intense beautiful color.

hazelrunpack
June 14th, 2009, 05:29 PM
I love poppies. :cloud9: Yours look particularly stunning with those little blue flowers around them, too, chico!

hubby keeps weed-whacking mine down :sad: He doesn't mean to...he just thinks they look like dandelion leaves as they're coming up. I may just have to buy some more and put them in a fenced garden so he doesn't get the chance to weed-whack 'em. :D

chico2
June 14th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Oh,Oh,you have to watch hubbies and Weed-whackers:laughing:
My hubby treats those Poppies like his babies,after he retired he's becoming a really good gardener:thumbs up

hazelrunpack
June 14th, 2009, 05:48 PM
My hubby treats those Poppies like his babies,after he retired he's becoming a really good gardener:thumbs up
You're lucky. If that ever happened here, I'd assume we both must've died and gone to hazel heaven. :laughing:

14+kitties
June 14th, 2009, 06:30 PM
And they popped well too. :thumbs up I love poppies. :cloud9:Don't have any started here though. One day I will. :fingerscr
I have nothing unusual going on. Just columbine, wisteria (almost done), Jacob's Ladder, Lupine, Sweet William, Blanket Flower. The normal stuff. Love looking at everyone's pics though!

Chris21711
June 14th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Love 'em :cloud9:

14k...when I come down I'll bring you some Poppies...I have a huge bunch in the main garden and they have to come out once they flower, they take up too much room, sooooooooo, I also have another bunch, if I take them out then I can put the ones in my way over in the other spot....you just solved me a big dilemma :D

Bonus to boot.....mixed in with the Poppies there is a dark blue Columbine :D

14+kitties
June 14th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Love 'em :cloud9:

14k...when I come down I'll bring you some Poppies...I have a huge bunch in the main garden and they have to come out once they flower, they take up too much room, sooooooooo, I also have another bunch, if I take them out then I can put the ones in my way over in the other spot....you just solved me a big dilemma :D

Bonus to boot.....mixed in with the Poppies there is a dark blue Columbine :D

Yay!!!!!!! Thanks Chris!! I have seeds here somewhere. Just not sure where at the moment. Slightly unorganized lately I'm afraid.

Chris21711
June 14th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Yay!!!!!!! Thanks Chris!! I have seeds here somewhere. Just not sure where at the moment.

You're welcome :D

Slightly unorganized lately I'm afraid.

Just lately :laughing:.....j/k