Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I think I'm done with this guy.

ancientgirl
June 13th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Some of you know I've been chatting with a guy I met on an internet dating site. After he stood me up several times, I decided to give him another chance, since before he went on a business trip to Germany he said he really wanted to meet me, it was just a bad time for him.

Okay, fast forward to the last couple of weeks. He's been in Germany and we've been texting and talking on the phone every few days. The whole time he's been saying how he really can't wait to finally meet me.

On Friday I get a text at around 1:30pm. He texted Hello, so I texted him "Hi, how are things going over there?" Then he answers me back, "I'm back home, I've been home since Wednesday."

Hmm...

Okay, I brush it off and on my way home he calls me and says that we should finally get together Saturday, he said he didn't have any plans so we could meet in the afternoon. Then he says he was going into the grocery store and would call me back.

He never called me back, and this morning after I helped my dad with some problem he had with his TV, I called him. His voice mail came on and I left him a message. That was at 11:30 and it's not 6:00 and I haven't heard back from him. I suspect he'll call me tomorrow and ask me what happened and claim he never got my message.

At this point I'm done, I'm moving on. I'm really not interested in having a phone buddy. I don't even like talking on the phone!

TwinTails
June 13th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Here here :thumbs up Jerks like that need a taste of their own medicine :loser: You are better off finding someone who truly wants to know you :grouphug:

ancientgirl
June 13th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Yeah, I'm just tired of it. I've got better things to do than wait on this guy to make up his mind.

TwinTails
June 13th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Men and their dang waiting game...don't they realize it leaves a bitter taste in our mouths? :shrug: I've had more than a few of my share of those guys :wall:

ancientgirl
June 13th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Yeah, I've been single for a very long time. Yes, I'd like to find someone but I'm not so desperate that I'm going to let this guy keep playing games with me.

Dracko
June 13th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Good decision. His actions are a foreshadowing of what'd you'd deal with if you got together with him.

TacoGrl
June 13th, 2009, 09:52 PM
You are too kind AG...I owuldn't have given him the time of day after the last drama of his. :shrug:

Luvmypitgirls
June 13th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Yeah, I've been single for a very long time. Yes, I'd like to find someone but I'm not so desperate that I'm going to let this guy keep playing games with me.

Amen AG! You deserve more respect than he was giving ya, keep your chin up, the right guy will come along.....when you least expect it:D
:grouphug:

Love4himies
June 14th, 2009, 06:24 AM
Good decision. His actions are a foreshadowing of what'd you'd deal with if you got together with him.

Exactly, and it would probably get worse. You are better off without him.

mastifflover
June 14th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Most definitely loose him quick if this is how he acts now it is only a sign of how he will treat you later in your relationship

ancientgirl
June 14th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Thanks guys. I really appreciate your input. I didn't want to think I was just being some nut-job who gets angry for nothing, but the truth is I've been communicating with this guy for over a month almost two, and I have yet to meet him.

I'm all for talking for a week or two, just to make sure we have things in common and feel at least some spark, but come on!

I'm done.