Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dead Grass from Dog Urine-UPDATE!

Dee-O-Gee
June 13th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Here is the original thread for dead grass.

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=62047

Original picture taken

June 13 update

Gryphon of course--doing his job NEAR the spot. :frustrated:

Today, I stomped his spot once again with my aerating sandals. All the neighbors point and laugh at me. :D then I watered with my rain barrel water. I surely hope that by doing this routine every weekend, his spot will NOT be a spot anymore. :frustrated:

growler~GateKeeper
June 14th, 2009, 01:33 AM
Looks great :highfive: Pretty soon all the neighbours will be wanting to hire you & your aerating sandals :D

CearaQC
June 14th, 2009, 09:59 AM
We have burn marks in our grass too, in multiple places. I don't really care and think Great! less grass to mow. lol I can't stand grass anyway, because of all the mowing and the related cost and trouble. The more I can dig up grass and replace with flower and veggie beds, the happier I am.

Maybe a splash of apple cider vinegar at each meal wouldn't hurt.

Dee-O-Gee
June 14th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Looks great :highfive: Pretty soon all the neighbours will be wanting to hire you & your aerating sandals :D

They're pretty awkward to walk in which makes for a little neighborhood laugh when I'm out there. Should I charge time & 1/2? :D:D

We have burn marks in our grass too, in multiple places. I don't really care and think Great! less grass to mow. lol I can't stand grass anyway, because of all the mowing and the related cost and trouble. The more I can dig up grass and replace with flower and veggie beds, the happier I am.

Want for Rain said water...water...water.... so that's what I did and has truly made a big difference. Unfortunately, Gryphon's SPOT is right off the back porch which would make it somewhat difficult to plant flowers or veggies :shrug:

growler~GateKeeper
June 14th, 2009, 09:20 PM
They're pretty awkward to walk in which makes for a little neighborhood laugh when I'm out there. Should I charge time & 1/2? :D:D

absolutely :D :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
June 14th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Actually, I think we should hire a neighbor to take some video! :laughing:

Your gardens are looking great! :cloud9:

Dee-O-Gee
June 14th, 2009, 09:31 PM
absolutely :D :thumbs up

Ah thanks Growler--Time & 1/2 it is :D:D
Actually, I think we should hire a neighbor to take some video! :laughing:

I think my neighbors would charge me, double time & 1/2--such a sorry sight. :D:D

Your gardens are looking great! :cloud9:

It's only just begun. First wave is almost done and soon will be lilies, phlox, yucca's and a second flush of roses. .

hazelrunpack
June 14th, 2009, 09:35 PM
You need to start a new garden thread, then. :D

Dee-O-Gee
June 14th, 2009, 09:43 PM
You need to start a new garden thread, then. :D

I suppose so although--having a couple of hummingbirds in the background would make a new thread that much better. :frustrated: Still no sightings but I'm trying to be hopeful and patiently waiting. :whistle::whistle:

hazelrunpack
June 14th, 2009, 09:49 PM
If you post pretty pics of your gardens, I'm sure some of the hummers would be willing to come check them out! :thumbs up

Dee-O-Gee
June 14th, 2009, 10:02 PM
If you post pretty pics of your gardens, I'm sure some of the hummers would be willing to come check them out! :thumbs up

I did actually see ONE hummer last year so maybe it will return. :pray: :shrug:

I have stunning pictures from the previous owners of the gardens that make me so jealous with envy. :o

They use to grow show/prize winning roses--300 bushes at that! :eek: Locals apparently would come to this backyard to have wedding pictures taken. While I'm not into taking wedding pictures nor tending 300 rose bushes, I'm excited for my mid-summer perennial wave. :thumbs up

Tundra_Queen
June 22nd, 2009, 12:46 AM
Hi

To get that burn spot to green up again, sprinkle limestone on the spot, it will raise the ph and the grass will come back. Female dogs burn the grass more than males cause they are closer to the grass when they pee. :D

Our female shepherd was always burning the grass and I tried the limestone and it worked!

Debbie

Dee-O-Gee
June 22nd, 2009, 08:41 PM
Thanks Tundra_Queen for the suggestion. What we found the best thing that worked was...water, water, water!

Gryphon's urine is so full of nitrates as it is, we didn't apply the lime this year and it helped. Between his urine, lime and fertilizers, it was over kill. :eek:

Here are a couple of pictures I took this evening. This spot went from about a 5' x 10' patch down to just a couple little circles. :)

Tundra_Queen
June 23rd, 2009, 01:39 AM
that is great! and I love your roses. Very pretty!