Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bow legged

sdotk
June 13th, 2009, 02:43 PM
I have a 9 week old pitbull/boxer pup who we have had in our home for 2 weeks. Within the last day or two we have noticed her front right paw looking extremely bow legged. Its almost as if she is limping but she is not showing any signs of pain.She doesn't seem bothered by it being touched, doesn't cry and has continued to run on it. Does any1 have an idea of what it can be. Im hoping its just a growth issues.

TwinTails
June 13th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Have you taken her to the vet yet? I know it sounds like an easy answer, but the vet should have some knowledge about what may be going on. As well, she needs her vaccines and a general check up too. Do you have any photos of her leg? Hope she's feeling better soon :)

sdotk
June 14th, 2009, 07:41 PM
She had her first set of shots already. We have to take her to the vet tomorrow. I believe its in ther front wrist joint. But there is no swelling and she doesn't act like shes in any type of pain.

pbpatti
June 14th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Since you have an appt tomorrow don't worry tonight, your vet should be able to give you some answers. WELCOME, we need pictures

kandy
June 15th, 2009, 02:05 PM
It sounds like an orthopedic issue, so if your normal vet does not have experience in that area, you might ask him for a referral to one. Bone deformities, including having a paw that either turns in towards the body, or away from the body, can cause other orthopedic issues to crop up later.

sdotk
June 15th, 2009, 06:13 PM
We took a trip to the vet. He said he thinks its just a sprian in one of her toes from being stepped on or something. We have to just watch her and she has to relax for a week. Its gunna be tough because she's so active!