Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

WARNING - Serial cat killer in Miami area

sugarcatmom
June 11th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Please be careful if you have cats and live in the Miami area. Apparently there's a serial cat killer on the loose. 19 confirmed mutilations and potentially over 30. :cry: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/miami-dade/communities/south/story/1066911.html
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/11/florida.cats.killed/
Huge reward offered for finding this sicko piece of ****.

Golden Girls
June 12th, 2009, 07:27 AM
omg I had to stop reading

Love4himies
June 12th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Sicko. :sad: :evil:

:rip: Kitties :candle:

ancientgirl
June 12th, 2009, 07:58 AM
I posted an article a couple of weeks ago, when I found out about it.

It's disgusting. What gets me is, there are still people who are allowing their cats to roam freely.

This is happening just a few miles from where I live and it is inconceivable to me that there are no leads yet. There is a $12K reward so far and nobody has stepped forward to give any information.

I'm praying they catch this sicko and I pray that they are made an example of!

Mat&Murph
June 12th, 2009, 08:00 AM
ohh man, I remeber the thread AG, was hoping they got this sicko by now

ancientgirl
June 12th, 2009, 08:04 AM
I've been checking daily and listening to see if I hear any news and still nothing! :frustrated: I pray this :censored: caught before any more innocent little ones are killed.

kiara
June 12th, 2009, 10:13 AM
There is a guy who lives in Montreal that tortures cats. He is always looking for free cats from rescue groups. ( It is very dangerous to give away pets for free ). He used to live in the West Island, but had to move. He is a schizophrenic and all the rescue groups know his name and what he looks like. It is Scott XXXXXX. I don't understand why these people don't get put away and they just move to another neighborhood and continue with these horrible crimes. There are no laws in Quebec to protect animals form these monsters.

krdahmer
June 12th, 2009, 10:27 AM
I couldn't read.... headline is explaination enough for me. I hope the :censored: is caught like yesturday and that they come up with something good to charge him with so that he gets a fitting sentance and not a slap on the wrist..... because no doubt his next monacker will be plain old 'serial killer'!

:rip::angel2: :candle:

ancientgirl
June 12th, 2009, 10:44 AM
People are really up in arms about this. I think if they just give this monster a slap on the wrist there will be hell to pay. At least, that's what I'm hoping for.

Mat&Murph
June 12th, 2009, 11:02 AM
I really hopr they catch this guy and throw the book at him!!! Hopefully he doesn't move on to humains

ancientgirl
June 12th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Hopefully he doesn't move on to humains

M&M, this person is showing all the signs that he will likely do that.

Roman61
June 14th, 2009, 09:50 AM
A suspect has been arrested

http://www.justnews.com/news/19747620/detail.html#

sugarcatmom
June 14th, 2009, 12:30 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/miami-dade/breaking-news/story/1096711.html

ancientgirl
June 14th, 2009, 02:37 PM
I'm glad he's 18. Now there is no question he will be tried as an adult, and I hope they go beyond throwing the book at this sicko.

14+kitties
June 14th, 2009, 05:54 PM
I am so glad he has been caught. Let's hope that brings an end to this sickness. :fingerscr

kandy
June 15th, 2009, 12:57 PM
I saw this story on MSN this morning. I certainly hope they have the right guy, and that they give him the punishment he deserves. I have to say that the smirk on his face in the photo makes my skin crawl.

RIP poor kitties

Mat&Murph
June 15th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Thank Dog he was caught!!!!!! Good news

chico2
June 18th, 2009, 03:53 PM
My son e-mailed me the article,Thank Dog this did not happen here,he would get no punishment,hopefully in California he'll get jail-time:fingerscr
It will not bring the cats back,but this young sadist has to be punished.
I would give him life without parol:evil: