Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I want my pillow for my head not my cats bum!

Chama
June 10th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get my cat to stop sleeping on my pillow? She came to me when she was around 8 months old (she's about one now) as a foster cat but there is a very good chance she will end up staying with me as I think she's great. I adore her and I have no issue with her sleeping on the bed with me but I wake up and she has taken over my pillow. I move her down the bed when she does it but she waits until I'm asleep and makes her move. I could close the door but what fun is that?

pattymac
June 10th, 2009, 10:13 PM
I have 3 pillows on my bed, Coco shares one of them, with him I have to sleep facing him, otherwise he walks over my head, yells in my face and then stomps back over my head. Needless to say I turn over...gotta keep the kitty happy ;)

Polar Bear
June 10th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Hey Chama & Pattymac.....LMAO......too funny- I too have a cat Bert: who every nite wakes me up at 5:00am wanting to take over my pillow & he then licks my face raw, stands all over my head: my face has scratch marks on occassion(not purposely-by accident:rolleyes:) & my hairdresser is asking me why my hair is breaking at the top so much:D:loser::clown:......so I have tried everything to make him stop. But he insists & now when he shows up on the scene, I have to cover my head with the blanket, give up my pillow & try to go back to sleep..:yell: all I can say is Bert is quite the :cat:

hazelrunpack
June 10th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Macie, my 42-pound setter, likes my pillow in the morning, too. :D On days when she really wants to cuddle, she'll end up curled up on my head. :laughing:

Frankly, I'd be very thankful if it was just a cat wanting to get close! :p :laughing:

ancientgirl
June 11th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Every now and then, I wake up to something heavy on my head. :laughing: Vlad will sometimes make himself comfortable on top of my pillow and drape his paws on my head.

It's just their way of wanting to be close to you.:cloud9: Maybe just get an extra pillow and put it next to or slightly under yours. OR, you can just get a longer pillow and share.:D

bendyfoot
June 11th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Ha, good luck with that. Boo sleeps right between our heads on our pillows, and I usually end up with a mouthful of bum or tail fur sometime in the middle of the night :yuck::laughing:

Jim Hall
June 11th, 2009, 08:47 AM
get two pillows? i dunno besides if shes clean and cas usually are whats the problem ?
as you can see better the pillow than your head

quincymycat
June 11th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Good Luck with that one my friend. I have found that once a kitty discovers how nice it is to snuggle around your head and lay on the pillow, the battle for ownership is already lost!
I sleep in a king size bed and have various cats sleep in the bed, but one, the really big guy, likes to stretch out between my hubby and I. Result? A face full of butt hair, or kitty breath directly in the face, and I get all of about 12 inches of the bed.
Wouldn't trade it for anything though, he actually is a comfort to me when I do get some sleep!
Just surrender. It is easier that way! LOL:D:D:laughing:

ancientgirl
June 11th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Good Luck with that one my friend. I have found that once a kitty discovers how nice it is to snuggle around your head and lay on the pillow, the battle for ownership is already lost!
I sleep in a king size bed and have various cats sleep in the bed, but one, the really big guy, likes to stretch out between my hubby and I. Result? A face full of butt hair, or kitty breath directly in the face, and I get all of about 12 inches of the bed.
Wouldn't trade it for anything though, he actually is a comfort to me when I do get some sleep!
Just surrender. It is easier that way! LOL:D:D:laughing:

LOL, they are bed hogs aren't they? I agree with you though, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Jim Hall
June 11th, 2009, 08:11 PM
i would give a ton of anything to wake up wirh Du snuggled up on my pillow

Chama
June 11th, 2009, 08:29 PM
I can't stop laughing at all your posts! It's nice to see that I'm not alone but by the sounds of it, I am out of luck :) I may give the extra pillow a try though as it's worth the attempt. She is just the sweetest thing and I know she just wants to be close to me. This was my first adult cat that I've rescued (I had rescued kittens before) and I've never seen such love and devotion from a cat. As annoying as it can be, I do realize that it is endearing :)

Jim Hall
June 11th, 2009, 08:33 PM
and belive me you would miss it

Love4himies
June 12th, 2009, 07:00 AM
I can't stop laughing at all your posts! It's nice to see that I'm not alone but by the sounds of it, I am out of luck :) I may give the extra pillow a try though as it's worth the attempt. She is just the sweetest thing and I know she just wants to be close to me. This was my first adult cat that I've rescued (I had rescued kittens before) and I've never seen such love and devotion from a cat. As annoying as it can be, I do realize that it is endearing :)

Now that is my kind of thinking :thumbs up

I love having Jasper snuggle me on my pillow, I feel so loved and find it calming. :lovestruck:

14+kitties
June 12th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Mmmm, cat's fur in my face or ...... hubby's slightly aromic armpit. I think I will opt for kitty thank you. :rolleyes:
I share my bed with hubby, a small five pound toy poodle who thinks she weighs 100 pounds, and various kitties. One in particular likes to wait till I am just fading off to sleep. She then comes to the side of the bed and meows till I pick her up. She will lie beside me for about five minutes then she is off like a shot. Amazing, any other time she has no problem getting up on the bed. Like about 5AM when her cousin decides to join in the action!!