Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Holistic Treatments for their sick animal??

CuddlesM
June 9th, 2009, 07:11 PM
hi there

My cat Cuddles was diagnosed with cancer recently.

I have been doing a lot of research and came across the following websites

- a website called petalive.com - with natual alternative remedies for animals -.............based on reading testimonals related to the natual product C-Caps given to sick animals I have just ordered and received C-Caps and am going to try Cuddles on them to see if they are of any benefit to her.

here is the link
http://www.nativeremedies.com/petalive/ccaps-natural-antioxidant-dogs-cats.html

ALSO.......
another interesting link I found in regard alternative treatments is the following........this link I found is very intersting in regards to vets testomonial on this product 'Transfer factor' use in treating sick animals

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/acancer.htm

hss anyone head anything about either of these 2 links - petalive.com and the 'transfer factor' product use in Holistic Animal Treatments ???
or has anyone used Holistic Treatments for their sick animal before - was there benefits ???

sugarcatmom
June 9th, 2009, 08:01 PM
I'm a big fan of using holistic treatments where possible. The Transfer Factor is one that I was thinking of recommending to you, but just a warning that it is expensive.

I have to say, I'm not that thrilled with Petalive, mostly because I think as a company, they have some dubious ethics (shady marketing to pet owners with ill pets). I haven't looked at the ingredients in the C-Caps too closely so I can't say whether they're beneficial or not. They might be, but there are also a great number of "holistic" or "natural" products out there that should never go anywhere near a cat. It's definitely a good idea to scrutinize ingredients and research them thoroughly first.

Etown_Chick
June 9th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Just remember that they are not going to print any negative testimonials, and that testimonials are not the same as rigid trials that the drug companies use.