Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Poor Dog....

Luvmypitgirls
June 6th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Today during my travels running errands and getting my hair done, I seen the saddest thing.
This gentleman walking the "planets oldest dog" I'm sure.
He was kinda dragging the dog along behind him.
It was obvious that this old GSD, could barely stand let alone walk at such a pace. Even from a distance I could see the lumps all over his face and body, which was soo skinny, his fur patchy and frizzled looking.
The dog was also obviously blind by the milky whites that took up the entire eyeballs.

I was both angry and heartbroken at the sight of this poor dog. Angry at his owners disregard that the ole dog couldn't possibly keep up with him, yet demanding that he did.

I thought to myself this is probably one of those cases where a dog is forced to live with little dignity and pain for the sole purpose of his owners own selfishness. I parked across the street to watch him, watching his owner tug and pull, the dog stumbling and shaking. I started to cry and had to drive away because I couldn't trust myself not to say something to this man in a way that would be deemed appropriate.
Once on the highway driving towards my town, I said a little prayer to God, to please watch over this ole dog, ease his pain and take him to the Bridge.

Never will I allow one of my dogs to live that way. As hard as it is to make the heartbreaking decision to say good bye, I will always put the well being of my dogs first.

I'm sure this man loves his dog, I don't doubt that. I just don't understand how someone could be so in denial to the lack of "quality of life" and keep the dog under such circumstances because they don't want to make the decision.

My inlaws were guilty of this too, and after some gentle conversation, and then a heated conversation or two, they finally did the right thing, unfortunately little Paddington had to suffer in the meantime.:sad:

14+kitties
June 6th, 2009, 05:33 PM
:grouphug: Thank you for caring so much. :sad::grouphug: