Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

After spay

Smoocherific
June 5th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Well my precious Laia got spayed yesterday...I could go on and on about how much I love my vet..it was great, they let me stay and be there, watch the surgery, be there for her when she woke up..etc..etc. I honestly couldn't have had a better experience.

Laia of course has been very sleepy.

But today she nipped my daughter. Now I know she is in pain and I am attributing it to that. I had Laia in the kitchen beside me on a pillow that was in a sun spot..so she could rest. My 4 year old daughter came in and kneeled next to her cooing at her..maybe she touched her..I am not certain..but Laia nipped her. This is SOOO not like her.

I decided it was best to just keep Laia in the x-pen, so I dragged that into the kitchen and put it in the sun spot and set her up in there (it was in the living room..and the sun is only in the living room in the afternoon)..well she hadn't seen Fin since she got home..as I have been keeping him away because I didn't want to excite her, or have him bother her at all..and she lunged at the side of the pen and growled at him.

Please tell me this is all just pain related and she will go back to normal in the next few weeks. I am trying to keep her as comfortable as possible. I am warming blankets in the dryer for her, keeping her hydrated, she has her favorite sucky bear with her..and I have her right beside me at all times. She is still sleepy and I am guessing pretty grumpy.

The vets office called to ask how she was, and I told them how she is..they said she sounds pretty normal.

She has nipped at Fin before, but NEVER at a human..

aslan
June 5th, 2009, 11:20 AM
The affects of the anesthetic still hasn't completely worn off, so she's still abit buzzed. I just had my male neutered and they gave him a shot of pain killer that supposed to last 48 hrs. She will be fine, she's just feeling abit off at the moment.