Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help!

dt77331
June 1st, 2009, 09:49 PM
I have a stray that I have been feeding for about a year. Yesterday he disappeared. When I got home, I found him under a tree covered with briars, thorns and leaves. He was panting very hard and listless. I gave him water and he drank a whole bowl once I started dripping it into his mouth. About an hour later he moved. He is leaking urine, panting, and his belly swollen and hard. He will not touch food or raise his head. He will drink water when I put it under him. Any suggestions about what may be wrong or any thing homemade to make him in less pain. I can not afford to take him to the vet.
Thank you for listening.

Mat&Murph
June 1st, 2009, 09:56 PM
Vet NOW you don't have a choice!! He needs one asap

Frenchy
June 1st, 2009, 09:58 PM
Vet NOW you don't have a choice!! He needs one asap

I second that , just tell them he's a stray , they should understand. :fingerscr

sugarcatmom
June 1st, 2009, 10:10 PM
There is nothing else we can advise you except to take this cat to a vet, even if it's just to put him out of his misery. He will die a slow painful death otherwise. Can you get him into a large cardboard box? Maybe put a towel over/around him and very gently maneuver him into it. This absolutely is an emergency and there is no home remedy that can help.

rainbow
June 2nd, 2009, 01:55 PM
I hope you have managed to get him to a vet by now :pray: ....and, please post with an update. :fingerscr

happycats
June 2nd, 2009, 09:33 PM
Awww poor thing, he needs a vet asap, he may have a urine blockage (crystals) he's probably in a huge amount of pain.
:pray: for the little guy. Please let us know how he's doing.

hollywood1
June 3rd, 2009, 02:15 AM
ok your best bet would be the vet but if not u need to get him to drink gatoraid or power aid mixed with water for about 4 days and te swelling will supside it is do to dehydratrion