Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help! My dog is having vision issues

maxdo1
May 29th, 2009, 11:43 PM
Hello all,

A day ago, my dog had her teeth cleaned and a tooth removed, she was heavily sedated and she is still recovering today. Here is my concern, she seems to be having problems navigating. She is walking into things and when I looked at her eyes, it almost appears that they are partially rolled in an upward position. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the anesthesia, as she did not experience this problem become being put under. Has anyone heard of or experienced anything like this before?

Needless to say, I am a bit freaked out and I could not contact my vet today (out of the office). An office staff member seems to think it might be the effects of the anesthesia.

Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks so much!

Max

TeriM
May 30th, 2009, 01:19 AM
I would say it is likely the after effects of the anesthesia that your dog is experiencing. My dog is slow on her feet and has bad balance for a good day or so after anesthesia. Some dogs (especially as they age) take a few days to shake off all the effects. If she is not better tomorrow then I would consider taking him in for a quick vet check.

Hope she feels better :goodvibes:.

maxdo1
May 30th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Thanks for sharing your experience with me TeriM. I am awaiting a call from the Vet today and I hope that she can make some sense of this. At this time, I will keep my fingers crossed that it is nothing else.

Thanks again!

Maxdo1