Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

hair dos? help!

Magicwildwolf69
May 28th, 2009, 11:23 PM
ok getting frustrated here a bit. i finally found shoes yay! got most everything for myself taken care of but i can't find any websites that give me good pics of hair dos. i'm thinking an updo. anyone know any good magazines or websites that have pictures and don't try to get to you buy things?

growler~GateKeeper
May 29th, 2009, 03:07 AM
Have a look here: http://www.weddinghairstylesden.com/wedding-hairstyles.shtml and here: http://www.brides.com/beauty/hairstyles/gallery/realwedding

Here is another one unfortunately you do have to register (but it's free) to see the other pages or to see the picture a in a bigger size, but it will at least give you some ideas http://galleries.weddingchannel.com/Wedding-Details/Hairstyles/results.aspx?type=19&WC+Galleries=Hairstyles

Good luck finding one you love :goodvibes:

rainbow
May 29th, 2009, 03:13 AM
Good luck MWW :goodvibes: ....and, don't forget we want pics. :D

Magicwildwolf69
May 29th, 2009, 10:52 PM
i found this one so far think i'll use this one http://www.hair-styles.org/up-do-prom-bride-hairstyles-22.html

rainbow
May 29th, 2009, 11:05 PM
That is pretty ....are you going to do it yourself?

hazelrunpack
May 29th, 2009, 11:07 PM
That's very pretty, MWW! :cloud9:

Magicwildwolf69
May 29th, 2009, 11:16 PM
That is pretty ....are you going to do it yourself?

:laughing: i wish i was that good i would save myself some money. no i'm going to go to have it done.

Magicwildwolf69
May 29th, 2009, 11:17 PM
That's very pretty, MWW! :cloud9:

thanks hazel :) i'm getting so nerviest things are coming together to fast.

hazelrunpack
May 29th, 2009, 11:25 PM
And it will all be beautiful when everything comes together :thumbs up :grouphug:

growler~GateKeeper
May 29th, 2009, 11:28 PM
That's very pretty MWW :thumbs up

joeysmama
May 30th, 2009, 12:34 PM
That's very pretty...a nice classic style. I heard a good tip that I hadn't thought of for my wedding. You should have your stylist see your dress and veil beforehand. Different hairstyles work with different necklines. Around here if you book an appointment for your wedding day they will usually include a practice day so the stylist gets to know your hair texture and how well it will work in the style etc. So that way things go more smoothly the day of the wedding.

This style looks as though it will work with any style dress. It's really pretty !!

My hair was very plain for my wedding. It was the same year as the Royal wedding so the hair was down like Di's but dresses were huge that year. Miles of fabric, a train that turned into a bustle for the reception. Floor length veil.

I looked like a firggin shrine walking down the aisle. LOL!!:laughing:

babymomma
May 30th, 2009, 01:14 PM
May I ask what hair colour you have? Some things look better with different Colours.. I looove the one that you have picked out!

Magicwildwolf69
May 30th, 2009, 01:22 PM
that is a great tip. well i do have a pic of my wedding dress in my phone (no i'm not teasing guys i can't figure out how to send it really.) you will have to wait till the wedding to see my photos. and i'm printing that pic so that my hairdresser can see it too.

my dress is pretty simple. no long train a little bit of it drags in the back. its white has spaghetti straps and has red trim on the top and the bottom.

Magicwildwolf69
May 30th, 2009, 01:24 PM
May I ask what hair colour you have? Some things look better with different Colours.. I looove the one that you have picked out!

surprising my hair color is brown a bit darker then the pic i think. and its curly! they are going to have fun calming that one down :D

joeysmama
June 2nd, 2009, 01:34 PM
Your dress sounds beautiful!

EndOfFashion
June 2nd, 2009, 01:43 PM
Definitely do a hair trial! It's also a good idea to wear a white (or ivory, depending on your dress) top to your makeup trial, to see how the makeup colours work with the colour of your dress.

phoozles
June 4th, 2009, 12:45 PM
That would look really cute! Another place for hair pics is at projectwedding.com - they have TONS there!

Our day is looming! 9 days left! I can't wait to see your pics! :)

My dress has red in it too - well, a red sash, and I'll be wearing red shoes.. :)

CearaQC
June 4th, 2009, 01:00 PM
One updo I always fall back on is of my own making. lol If your hair is long enough to make a ponytail towards the top of your head then this might be ideal for you.

Set your hair into some pink sponge rollers or learn the old technique of rag rolling to make very tight curls. Do this overnight or the day before and leave in the curlers until you're ready to dress. I find with the rag rolling, my hair does not need any gel or mousse to help hold the curls.

Remove curlers and make the pony towards the top of your head and secure with a good elastic. Then finger twist curls down and around the elastic and secure with pins. Pull a few strands out here and there to frame your face.

That night, undo it all and comb out with your fingers or one of those giant plastic combs and gently go through it all. You will have great curls lasting all the next day as well.

Just a link I found

http://rocksinmydryer.typepad.com/shannon/2008/09/works-for-me-ra.html

There are two ways to roll with rags or strips of cloth. One is the traditional roll up method and the other is to spiral the hair along the rag and then roll it up and tie it.

Hubby laughs at me when I do the rags but it makes a great hairdo for long hair when you want curls to last without heat or chemical damage. And they are really easy to sleep in I find, compared to other rolling methods.

If you don't want to do the rags you can still use heat set rollers but I find the curl doesn't last as long and needs more hairspray to hold it all together.

Look at all the Jane Austen adaptations. That's how they did their hair back then before putting it up.

Practice your new updo techniques a few times before you have to actually do it. My method is pretty easy and goes quickly once you get the hang of it.

Magicwildwolf69
June 4th, 2009, 10:16 PM
That would look really cute! Another place for hair pics is at projectwedding.com - they have TONS there!

Our day is looming! 9 days left! I can't wait to see your pics! :)

My dress has red in it too - well, a red sash, and I'll be wearing red shoes.. :)

lol phoozles 9 days here too!!!
i can't wait to see your pics.
hehe so we have similar colors too except i'm wearing white shoes are you my long lost twin?

Magicwildwolf69
June 4th, 2009, 10:17 PM
thanks cearaQ that sounds like so much work! no wonder my hair usually ends up in a pony tail. i actually have natural curly hair. everyone keeps telling me i should straighten it for the wedding lol.

CearaQC
June 5th, 2009, 09:33 AM
nah it's not really that much work once you get the hang of it.

After a nice relaxing bath and letting the hair get "almost" dry while having a cup of tea:D - then it only takes about 5 minutes or so to get the rolling done.

Then the next day it takes about 10 minutes to remove the rollers and put it all up.

Although with my hair it's getting harder to do it because the length is about halfway down my back so I end up using the pink sponge rollers because they hold more hair. But it takes a lot longer to dry that way.

If you have the time there are tons of "how-to" videos on YouTube, from everything about makeup, flower arranging, hairstyles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq0pJNSFf50

If you don't like that one, scroll down to look at "Related Videos" on the right side column.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1JohntpnVw

JennieV
June 8th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Hey,

I was looking at some hairdos for meself, for a wedding I needed to attend, and just thought you might like some..I chose the top left one, due to time and simplicity restrictions, my hair is also curly and its a pain to he it straightened, especially on humid days. What you could also do is a inverted pony-tail and finish it witha pin, super-simple, super- easy and soooo pretty.