Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

s the Dog-o-Matic an owner's best friend?

onster
May 28th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Woah. Thats a bit out there for me. Cant help but think the poor pups dont like it one bit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1183016/Is-Dog-o-Matic-owners-best-friend.html

When a dog comes home from a walk filthy and smelling of something unmentionable, the temptation sometimes is to throw the darn thing in the washing machine.

Well, now you can. An entrepreneur has come up with the Dog-O-Matic, a mini car-wash that transforms pets from filthy to fluffy in half an hour.
Dog in Dog' O' matic washing machine

Frenchman Romain Jarry, 31, who insists the device is not cruel, hopes to introduce it to Britain next year after it proved a huge success in his home town of St Max, near Nancy.

It costs the equivalent of 13 to wash a small dog, 22 for medium size, rising to 31 for the largest customers.

Cats can also be catered for - at the small-dog price.
A pet owner puts money in the Dog' O' matic dog washing machine

Be gentle with me: The owner selects the required wash cycle and dog size

The dog owner pushes start on the Dog' O' matic doggy washing machine

No going back now: Pet inside, the owner presses the start button

Mr Jarry said: 'It doesn't take long to wash the dog - usually a few minutes. The longest part is the drying. The dogs don't seem to get bored. They just sit there and they come out clean.

'We are really hoping it will take off and that other places will start buying in the machines.

'I would love them to be available in England within the next year or so but at the moment people are still getting used to the idea.'

Diamondsmum
May 28th, 2009, 03:54 PM
OMG... That is crazy.. That poor lil doggie.. Diamond woudl have non of that thats for sure.. She loves her bath but hates water in her face spray (she dunks her face in the tub)+ I have to watch her ears.

and a CAT?? geez umm not gonnna happen..

onster
May 28th, 2009, 03:57 PM
I know...its crazy!!!!

But i guess the pups/kitties cant protest while theyre in there. I say good luck to trying to get ure dog in there the 2nd time!

And a cat...well..if anyone tries that with a cat you can bet they will get what they deserve!

Mat&Murph
May 28th, 2009, 03:58 PM
LOL Thats insane!!! I can just see me get M&M in there!!! :laughing: They would turn themselves in to the shelter!!!

14+kitties
May 28th, 2009, 06:50 PM
That has got to be one of the most asinine ideas I have ever seen! I would think it's next to abuse. How do the poor things breathe? Just nasty!! I wouldn't be investing in that any time soon. :frustrated:

Rottielover
May 28th, 2009, 07:12 PM
I picture Harley breaking that machine within seconds of being in there, he is claustrophobic :(

t.pettet
May 28th, 2009, 08:00 PM
I can't imagine the trauma this machine would do, owners would never get them near a bath after going through that. Cruel, inhumane and ridiculous. What would happen if the machine mal-functioned with boiling hot water or the door stuck so you couldn't get your pet out.

lUvMyLaB<3
May 28th, 2009, 08:09 PM
lets go get the inventor and put him in their, then ask for another report on how humane it is, any helpers?

t.pettet
May 28th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Great Idea, we'll put him through 3 cycles.