Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New Fencing Is Up!

luckypenny
May 27th, 2009, 01:13 PM
But now my work begins :frustrated:. The land surrounding the house is uneven so I have to fill all the spaces under the fence. I decided to use the galvanized temporary stuff we had up when we moved in last fall. Ouch! Not easy on the hands but well worth it...can't wait til the dogs get the whole yard :goodvibes:.

First pic is the side where neighbors have a toddler and a baby so we'll be double fencing as soon as I'm done with the underside. Probably will plant shrubs or small hedge in between. Second pic is the back of the yard and the temporary run the dogs have until we're completely done. And third pic is the the other neighbor's side but there's at least 15 feet and lots of trees in between.

luckypenny
May 27th, 2009, 01:17 PM
This is what I'm working on.

I was twisting these ties with my fingers when one of the fencing guys came over and handed me this thingamig....wow, much easier :thumbs up.

Hopefully, this time next week, I'll be posting pics of the dogs in their new yard :fingerscr.

14+kitties
May 27th, 2009, 01:35 PM
It's amazing how well thingamajigs help, isn't it? :laughing: I feel your pain. Been there!!
The yard is wonderful! The pups are going to love all that space to play! :cloud9:

BMDLuver
May 27th, 2009, 07:27 PM
You do realize that you are officially nuts LP, right?:p

Mat&Murph
May 27th, 2009, 07:35 PM
WOW Looks great LP!! The furries are going to LOVE it!!

Frenchy
May 27th, 2009, 07:49 PM
ahhh a frost fence :cloud9: so now , I can move in with my guys right ? :D

hazelrunpack
May 27th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Did you fence in even more area? :eek: Or did you just replace the fence that was there?

I love the picture with the dogs supervising from their temporary enclosure. :D They're gonna love getting their running room back! :thumbs up

Dee-O-Gee
May 27th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Wow...looks like you had a lot of ground to cover. :eek: What a run for the pups. :thumbs up

I wanted to start huffing & puffing just looking at the pictures. :laughing:

Looks great LP :) and good luck with the thinga-ma-gig :thumbs up

mollywog
May 27th, 2009, 09:42 PM
wow!!!!! That fence and yard is drool-worthy to any dog or owner!!!!! Was it expensive?? I always seem to get the impression that fencing is expensive. But boy, will your dogs love it when it's done! Can't wait to see pictures of them enjoying it!!

lUvMyLaB<3
May 27th, 2009, 09:50 PM
*awe* look at the puppers asking moma to hurry up! too cute!! what a BEAUTIFUL huge yard you have!! lucky dogs!!! I am sure you can fit at least one more dog in there... :) hehe

luckypenny
May 27th, 2009, 10:59 PM
You do realize that you are officially nuts LP, right?:p

:confused: Who? Me?

Shhhh, don't ruin my good rep now ok? :D

ahhh a frost fence :cloud9: so now , I can move in with my guys right ? :D

The more the merrier :goodvibes:.

Did you fence in even more area? :eek: Or did you just replace the fence that was there?

Replaced what was already there......and then fenced in the entire yard too. Our dogs had about a third of it before and dh said it was more than enough room for them :rolleyes:. I just told the fencing guys to do it all anyways :D. Dh has the garage and the camper, he doesn't dig, run, jump, retrieve so he doesn't need the yard :shrug:. The dogs get the bed and the yard :thumbs up and the couch and the kitchen and the rec room and the family room and the... :laughing:.

wow!!!!! That fence and yard is drool-worthy to any dog or owner!!!!! Was it expensive?? I always seem to get the impression that fencing is expensive. But boy, will your dogs love it when it's done! Can't wait to see pictures of them enjoying it!!

For the material and labor, it was extremely reasonable. We had the work quoted by several companies last fall and winter and these fellas did it for half the the estimates we recieved. We found them through my bil. A small company where the owner/boss does the majority of work himself and has 2-3employees. Other than a website and being listed in the yellow pages, they don't advertise and get work through word of mouth, office is out of his home where his gf does the paperwork, so their overhead is almost nil. It really pays off looking around for those "little guys" and for the best prices/quality of work.

luckypenny
May 27th, 2009, 11:04 PM
I am sure you can fit at least one more dog in there... :) hehe

I told dh what you said....and he says the day I do that, the "for sale" sign goes up. I replied "WOOHOO, we're buying acreage :crazy:".

Judging by the look on his face, I think I misunderstood his comment :laughing:.

hazelrunpack
May 27th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Replaced what was already there......and then fenced in the entire yard too. Our dogs had about a third of it before and dh said it was more than enough room for them :rolleyes:. I just told the fencing guys to do it all anyways :D. Dh has the garage and the camper, he doesn't dig, run, jump, retrieve so he doesn't need the yard :shrug:. The dogs get the bed and the yard :thumbs up and the couch and the kitchen and the rec room and the family room and the... :laughing:.

Sounds more than fair to hazel! :D

I told dh what you said....and he says the day I do that, the "for sale" sign goes up. I replied "WOOHOO, we're buying acreage :crazy:".

Judging by the look on his face, I think I misunderstood his comment .

:laughing: