Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Wow!!!pretty upset..roxy changing.LONG THREAD

heidiho
May 27th, 2009, 12:34 AM
Hard to even write this...So long story short everyone knows i got roxy very young,also for over 2 years it has always been me and her,never even spent one night away from her...we are beyond close...so lately(plus i been going outside feeing other cats and hanging with them)honeystill hisses and swats at her.Not sure if that is part of whats going on,so anyway,i have been gone a few nights dogsitting,well even before that she has started to run around the house real fast then comes to a dead stop and will lick herself really fast then take off..hope u can picture this.and now i have been gone a few days overnight my mom said she is still doing it and now wont take treats from her likeshe used to.she would sit,talk then get the treat and mind u she lovessss these treats..she is staying in room alot again.so i went home today she did come out to greet me,went to give her a treat she started to eat it then stopped,took off really fast,stopped licked herself in a fast type way then flew into my room(always always will take a treat from me)so i went to room to pet her and she wouldnt let me,THAT HAS NEVER happend,finanlly she l;et me pet her,went on top of my dresser i started petting her rubbing her ear and talking to her(its our routine)and she calmed down and ate the treat...She is MY LIFE i am devastated cause i know something is really upsetting her or pissing her off.My one fear that i prayed would never happen is for roxys personality to ever change cause she is the sweetest happiest cat ever..I am trying to get through typing this but anytime lately i talk about her i break down.It hurts me cause i know im coming back home and would never leave her but she doesnt know this.So i bought feliway comfort zone plug in,i have no job and really cant afford to BUT i have heard this stuff is incredible.I need someone to confirm that for me.I have no problem paying that as long as it is gonna help...I have never been so upset in my life,i love her so much it is breaking my heart that something is bothering her this much and i know it has to do with me not being there.This is the first time in 2 and a half years i have stayed away overnight.HELP ME

heidiho
May 27th, 2009, 10:30 AM
ok if no one can help with what might be going on with roxy,does anyone at least know if comfort zone feliway plug ins really work?

Mat&Murph
May 27th, 2009, 10:33 AM
I am sorry you are having a rough time with Roxy. I am not sure what I would do. Sounds like you are real trying. Hopefully someone will be able to help you out :grouphug:

heidiho
May 27th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Yeah im pretty upset seeing her this way and nothing i can do to help her...she is the happiest most laid back cat and it saddens me that she is stressed like she is..thx

Winston
May 27th, 2009, 10:58 AM
heidiho! I use the diffusers and I swear they work! may take some time though!

as for Roxy and the zoomies thing! welll mine do that too and I find that if they are really excited and running around they have occasionally licked down there! maybe she has a bit of leakage happening when she runs around? sometimes mine will run really fast and then lick their leg as if they hurt it? I would worry too much! roxy has been through a lot of changes and she is probably getting used to it!

Mine used to give me the cold shoulder if I left them as well! she will get better and more used to it! dont take it personally! she LOVES her MOMMA!

honey and her will eventually get used to each other! some take longer than others! :thumbs up

heidiho
May 27th, 2009, 11:11 AM
she doesnt lick down there she turns her head and licks like what would be our shoulder..and i know the zoomies ,but this is different...her back starts like twiching u can actually see it twitching.So i only had money for one diffuser where woudl i put it??

Winston
May 27th, 2009, 11:58 AM
I would put the diffuser where her and honey spend the most time. so if they are always on the main floor of the house put it there! if they were say in the upstairs of the house I would put it up there!

oh! sorry I thought she was licking down there! I am just wondering if its because she is a bit overweight and maybe when she runs something is hurting her a wee bit? therefore making her lick where it hurts? if she doesnt appear in pain and all else is normal than I would just sit tight for now. I know money can be tight so maybe it would be best to keep watching her for the time being.

aslan
May 27th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Hey Heidiho haven't had a cat in many years so not going to be a big help with behavior. I know the dogs will be all distant if we go away for abit. Kinda their way of letting us know they are mad at us, they get over it. The skin twitch is what interests me, almost sounds like a bite. Is there anyway that kitty has picked up a flea or two? check inside her ears, rub between her eyes and check the base of her tail for any signs. The visual i have from your descripition leads me to think bite whether flea, mosquitoe, etc.

Winston
May 27th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Aslan I thought the same thing about a flea but it sounds like its only after she runs around a bit? so it leads me to think she may be getting a twinge of pain or discomfort. I think Roxy would be scratching and stuff if it were a flea? then again I have not ever had them and dont wont too! :D

aslan
May 27th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Unfortunately i've seen it with my sisters kitties in the past. Sometimes the bite is what triggers the zoomies, then they stop and lick. Heidiho you can always rub baking soda into her fur, fleas are 90% water and the bs is sharp. When it pricks the flea, POP.

sugarcatmom
May 27th, 2009, 12:32 PM
It kinda sounds like maybe Roxy has developed feline hyperesthesia syndrome. Not a lot is known about it, but cats often race around, vocalize and/or hiss, their skin twitches, and they can seem rather hostile. It's thought to be brought on by stress. Here is a link with more info: http://www.cathealth.com/hyperesthesia.htm

bendyfoot
May 27th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Our Riley used to do that often, especially in the evening. Wild-eyed, twitchy-skin, frantic licking at the shoulder area, crazy zooming all over the house at top speed with an arched back...it could be upsetting.

14+kitties
May 27th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Hi heidiho. Just read this. Little upsetting, isn't it?
My take on the matter is that Roxy is reacting to you being gone for a few days. Then when you come home you smell like dogs. That may be what she was reacting to when she wouldn't eat the treat out of your hand. You said she did later on. I am not surprised that she wouldn't take a treat from your mom when you weren't there. It's still a reaction to your absense. Pets are funny that way. My toy poodle won't eat if I am not here. Cats can do the same thing.

As for the zoomies/licking/zoomies thing..... I have a few that do that too. TT in particular does it. In all honesty I think it's a little funny. He is pretty laid back too. The exception is when he's doing his zoomies or he's playing with his earplugs. He has to "talk" to them.

Also - remember if you are stressing out (re: lack of job, etc.) she will pick up on it too. Deep breaths mf.

heidiho
May 27th, 2009, 05:56 PM
omg that is it exactly scm...She is doing all of those things did em 5 minutes ago,but once me and her go in our room for a few minutes she calms down...also before it was just me and her a very mellow environment,here honey hisses at her,dwats her my parents have fights and the vibe is bad and yeah she picks up on that i know,she doesnt have her condo anymore she used to have to lay on.I have been going outside and petting and brushing other cat that she has seen at the door cause when i come back in she is sitting right at door and sees other cat...crying as i write this i want my girl back,so after this pet siiting job i guess i will never stay away to long unless roxy can come...cant believe what i have done to her..she was so happy before...Well if anyone has another comfort zone feliway and a cat condo they dont use send it my way would you...ha ha...i put it in the living room i guess good spot.Cant tell you how bad i am hurt inside for her having to live like this but nothing i can do..I am gonna stop playing with cat outside just cant let that upset my girl..So will i get the old roxy back??????i cant do this anymore right now to upset,but really of anyone has a comfort z not using lplease let me know.thx for showing me that article it is roxy 100%

Winston
May 27th, 2009, 07:02 PM
hey heidho your Roxy will be just fine! we all have rough patches in our lives and your no different my friend! things will settle...your girl will be okay. there is one thing I really beleive and that is that cats are very smart and they usually adaptable! some take longer than others but most get there!

why dont you try spending some quality time with just you and roxy maybe in your room listening to some music or reading to her and giving her some roxy time? maybe she will feel a bit better! shes had a lot of changes in her life recently? maybe spend some time brushing her if she likes it ?

i hope for the day you get your own place where you and roxy can enjoy that quiet happy time you used to have! it will come dont worry!:thumbs up

glasslass
May 27th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Heidiho, if this was the first time you've been away, she may have been stressed thinking you weren't coming back. She's very aware that the two of you are a long way from where she remembers as home. If you have to go again, and then come back again, she may begin to realize you're not abandoning her. The quality time idea is a really good one - it can't hurt for sure, and can only be good for both of you. When you're away, leave your slept-in nightgown in the bed for her to snuggle into. She's gone through major changes. She's going to need lots of time to adjust and settle into a routine before it feels "normal" to her.

Jim Hall
May 27th, 2009, 08:53 PM
buy some lavender soap when you come back from dog sitting change your claothes and was you hands with the soap lavender is very calming and she wont smell dog i had the same thong woth my kit Du wehn I photograph dogs she will freak unless i change clothes and wash up

youll get your roxy back i am sure

heidiho
May 27th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Ok so next question is i have 4 more nights away from home i was thinking it would be best for me just to stay here and not go visit everyday i feel she gets so excited then boom i leave again.so i am gonna do whatever i get recommended here to do.Gov visit then leave??Or dont visit and wait til im home for good??Mom callled been reading about hyptherism or whatever and thats it perfectly.And the sad thing is it isnt like only ONE traumatic thing happend to her it ALL did at once,taken out of her own home,14 hrs on a plane away from me,new house with female cat who hits her and swats at her,new people in house,cat outside that i go and feed and play with,me being gone and her in a strange place with strange people.list goes on and i am at fault for all of it..No more playing with cat outside,no more nights away from home for a long time after this,more play time,gonna hide treats like article said.My mom said god forbid something ever happend to me i dont think roxy could ever adjust(eventually)but she would never be the same.I mean is our bond this deep and strong??I knew we had a special bond but never could of guessed the love she has for me..serious about those comfort zones to,all u cat people might have one somwhere u forgot about..;) SO GO VISIT OR NOT???

Tundra_Queen
May 27th, 2009, 10:20 PM
It kinda sounds like maybe Roxy has developed feline hyperesthesia syndrome. Not a lot is known about it, but cats often race around, vocalize and/or hiss, their skin twitches, and they can seem rather hostile. It's thought to be brought on by stress. Here is a link with more info: http://www.cathealth.com/hyperesthesia.htm

I'm sorry to hear about your kitty. I was thinking it might be feline hyperesthesia too. But I hope it is not. I hope u can figure out what is wrong and that it is nothing serious.

Debbie

heidiho
May 27th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Wait a minut if it is that are u telling me say when i get our own place again the roxy that used to be will never come back???I believe it is that,but if ichange some things are u saying it is permanet

heidiho
May 27th, 2009, 10:27 PM
I mean it sounds like saying she has snapped and cant be the same again unless i give her medication which i will never do(prozac,paxil typew stuff)you gusy are scaring me

Winston
May 28th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Heidiho I would go ahead and keep doing what yor doing! but change your cloths and wash your hands with the lavender soap and see how Roxy is.

I think she will be fine once her life is settled! :thumbs up and so will you! your a worry wart my friend!

chico2
May 28th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Heidi,my first thought was fleas or another bug-bite,but I am sure you've checked for fleas,right?

heidiho
May 28th, 2009, 10:07 AM
funny i waqs gonna check for fleas but mom thought why woulndt honey be acting funny then>>and it wouldnt explain why mom cant give her treats anymore..and she only licks one area.no matter i am getting flea stuff today....how would she get them though..or when i go outside with other cat could it be from that??well i will get some today,she doesnt have vet here yet can i go in any vet and buy advantage>???So still want to know should oi go home and visit or just stay away til im home for good.

heidiho
May 28th, 2009, 10:10 AM
well the one thread made it sound like oh no i hope it isnt that,like she is doomed if it is.yeah im a worry wart,would make a great mom but would be way to protective.I just dont want roxyto have to live with anxiety like i do...she is my life and i never want her to feel pain

krdahmer
May 28th, 2009, 10:19 AM
My mom's cat does this all the time, has since I moved home with her 11 years ago, same thing, crazy running, twitchy back and then biting and licking at her back and shoulders, and she has never had a flea in her life! We call it the squirellies and after a good frantic run around the house she usually just goes to one of her calm hidey spots and reemerges after a nap, good as new. She does it more when my parents go on vacation and I'm cat sittting, so I can totally now see it being stress related, as it also got worse when my folks got their second cat too. But she is spoiled rotten, and just loved to bits, and happy as can be.

I wouldn't worry about Roxy, just check for fleas to rule that out, and maybe other bug bites (spider, whathaveyou), and those feliway diffusers in my opinion do work, so that might be a good investment also. (another cause we suspect may be a slight allergy to carpet, as she was not around carpet until I moved home with her) :goodvibes: for you and Roxy

heidiho
May 28th, 2009, 10:29 AM
On my way right now to get flea stuff,i have one diffuser...will update later today,gonna go visit her to.

heidiho
May 29th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Somewhat good news.I called a vet to get flea stuff(in case that was issue)and they said they would have to see her,first visit free.So i took her there,no fleas and she does not have that hyper disease he said mosty likeley she wouldnt be eating,would be skinny and he said her coat would not be in the great condition it is in.He said it is all stress from everything she has been through and is going through..First thing he said was those diffusers he said they are fantastic and 90% they would do the trick.And should also help stop honey form hissing and swatting at her..I am beyond happy that she does not have that.I aksed him when i get our own place again would the ole roxy come back 100% he said most likely yes...So got 2 diffusers and will see how it goes got em 2 days ago and i know they dont work right away but today when i went to visit her back didnt do that ripple thing oncve..I am putting myself in her shoes with what she has been through and now i am gone and could only imagine how she must feel lost..So will keep u posted of how it works.Hope everyone elses babies are well.

glasslass
May 30th, 2009, 01:42 AM
I kinda sense just having a professional opinion did a lot for your anxieties too. Hope things work out.

rainbow
May 30th, 2009, 01:53 AM
WOW ...that was great for the vet to give you the first visit for free. :thumbs up

I hope the diffusers work for Roxy and Honey. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

heidiho
May 30th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Very nice of him.but just got done seeing her and this time when i went down to pet her(kind of fast)she actaully jumped a little.She is a nervous wreck how long befor the diffuers do something?? I feel so guilty for moving her here i cant stand it..I just cant believe it is the same cat my heart breaks for how she must feel,i go back home mon evening and will never do this to her again..I posted a new thread but will just ask here,totally forgot first thing vet asked was how many cats(2) and how many litter boxes(2) he told me to get a third and i forgot why..they do not have any litter box issues any thoughts??

Winston
May 30th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Heidiho are visiting somewhere with Roxy? or are you still in the same place you returned to from Hawaii?

The diffusers may take some time to work!

heidiho
May 30th, 2009, 10:17 PM
we live at my moms and it isnt looking good us getting a place,i have sent out 40 resumes got 2 interviews and just cant find work and now really behind with all bills.so were stuck there for some time to come..any thoughts oabout 3 litter boxes.I go back home for good monday evening

Winston
May 30th, 2009, 10:50 PM
well cats can be funny and I use 3 litterboxes for my 2. sometimes they get finicky when there is more than one kitty in the house..better to go with it and not have any issues with them doing there business elsewhere.

I hope things look up for you soon my friend. good things come to those that wait! on the bright side just think you have aplace where both you and Roxy can live together and that in itself has to be worth it! :thumbs up

heidiho
May 30th, 2009, 11:24 PM
ok so my mom is gonna get it tommorow,going in my bathroom do we show them both the new litterbox??

heidiho
May 30th, 2009, 11:26 PM
I could never be without her and everything was going so good at first i dont know what happend..

heidiho
May 30th, 2009, 11:27 PM
i just dont see how this is gonna help with her stress and licking and twitching,(a third litter box i mean)

chico2
May 31st, 2009, 08:20 AM
Heidi,I used the Feli-Way diffusers for about a year and they certainly stopped my cats from spraying 99,9%,but that's not the problem you have.

What I understand,you were away dog-sitting,right??
Roxy,like all cats,would get stressed when the owner,the person she knows and loves,is not there.
When we go on holiday,my son cat-sitting,they will get in to all kinds of weird behaviour.
It does not help Roxy that you stress too,she feels it and gets more stressed,cats pick up on every change in your moods.
Try to stay calm around her,let her work things out on her own terms,she will soon get used to the new living-arrangements,as long as there are no fights between her and your moms cat.

14+kitties
May 31st, 2009, 08:52 AM
Y'know, the biggest factor in all of this - before you came back home you were working, right? So Roxy would have been by herself during your working hours in Hawaii. There's no telling what she did, behaviours she exhibited, while you were away.
Now you are home. She always has someone around her; either you or your mom. So she is exhibiting behaviours which you may not have seen but which she may have been doing all along. Does that make sense?
The stress thing is major. We have mentioned before that cats pick up on stress/changes. We have to do the best we can to present a calm front when dealing with our pets. Try to relax (easier said than done I know) and see how Roxy does.

heidiho
May 31st, 2009, 09:53 AM
I know i have had a few breakdowns(crying and stuff)in front of her cause of the work situation and i know that isnt good..then she has a cat who hits her and hisses at her,but then sometimes they can come nose to nose and nothing happens.one day my mom by accident shut the pantry door on her tail and she let out a cry and my mom said in seconds honey came running over and sniffed every part of roxy and no hissing or hitting and sat near her for about 20 minutes,so i dont get it...and my dad can be loud sometimes,and roxy and me always had a mellow quiet house..she has just been through it all,so sad.cant believe she jumped when i went down to pet her..So do i show her new litter box today or just let mom put in bathroom and let them find it when they do???and mom thinks honey is peeing in hallway so hopefully diffuser stops that.I know when it is me and rox again she will be back..just gonna be a long time.

rainbow
May 31st, 2009, 01:25 PM
I would just let them find it but the cat experts here will be able to advise you better. :thumbs up

I hope the diffuser works for Roxy and Honey. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Perhaps you could try Rescue Remedy as well? :shrug: Better wait and see what the experts say about that. :o

heidiho
May 31st, 2009, 04:54 PM
wow i think its me,either because i have been gone all wekk or i dont know,but mom said today she has been fine then i came home she came to door i started petting her then boom her back started twitching and she licked herself and took off,took about 5 minutes to get her to come out from under bed,not she is calm again.Is she mad at me???stressed because of me??bored without me??wtf is going on here,i was her best friend..I was thinking of getting a leash and walking her,i read that bordeom could be part of the problem that would make her like this..HELP should i dare let her see the outside world..

Winston
May 31st, 2009, 05:09 PM
No! and dont worry so much...when things calm Roxy will be just fine...You orry tooo much my friend! why dont you take her in your room for some quiet time and just be together! :thumbs up

14+kitties
May 31st, 2009, 05:15 PM
Heidi - it isn't you. She can smell the dogs on you. That's all. Really, it isn't a big issue. Once you are back home and with her all the time she will be back to being the same Roxy.
You have to expect some changes in her. She has moved a long way in with another cat and people she didn't know who raise voices occasionally. Things are moving along well with her and Honey. It may not seem like it but if they aren't out and out fighting then things are progressing. You are more stressed than before. Because of all of that you have to figure things aren't going to remain exactly like before. Things will get better. :grouphug:

heidiho
May 31st, 2009, 10:34 PM
U guys always make me feel better,yeah i have had a few breakdowns in front of her,havent founnd job in two months,bill collectors calling all day,irs etc...but heres the thing just got back from seeing her,mom said she was fine all day she can pet her and stuff and no licking or back twitching going on,although she just said she did come flying out of room wen to the den than ran back in our room,but now when i was there today i started petting her then BOOM it started the twitching.licking then she goes under bed and ity takes a few minutes then she will come out(thats new)so basically when im NOT there she is doing well..so it is me.is she mad at me,upset at me,not like me anymore,nervous around me..I am confused again..why around me is she at her worst???

heidiho
June 1st, 2009, 10:10 AM
was aslo thinking of gettinga leash and walking her..any thoguhts on that idea??

14+kitties
June 1st, 2009, 10:52 AM
She is ticked off. You have been spending your nights away from her. I would think this is her way of showing you. You said she comes back after a couple of minutes so she can't be that mad.
I had a cat, Pepe :rip:, for almost 19 years. When we went away for an overnight visit somewhere he would give us the silent treatment when we got home. He would meet us at the door, make sure we were all there, then he would turn around, show us his tail end, and skeedadle until HE decided he wanted to grace us with his presence again. It usually took a while. Sometimes till the next day. Then he decided we were "ok" again.
Cats are so funny in their attitudes. Every one of them is different. That's why we love them so much.
As for the leash - if you decide to take her for walks I would do a harness. A collar and leash is way too easy to slip out of. But I would think it would be wiser to wait a while until she has settled a little. Start by putting the harness on her in the house, walking around with her a while, see how she reacts. I warn you now, when you first put it on her she will either take off like a maniac racing all over or she will flop to her side and refuse to be budged. Drama, always drama. When you do make it outside start with very small walks in your back yard. You know, of course, it won't be you doing the walking? Cats decide where they want to go. We just follow.

heidiho
June 1st, 2009, 11:08 AM
yeah that makes sense her not wanting me to pet her,but why the twitching and licking then taking off if she is mad?? that seems more like a nervoius thing,so i make her nervous...i didnt even think of that i will just take her in the backyard,i might only take her in the backyard she always lays there looking out the window.i will try harness might be a bit before i can get one,but i know she is getting bored so that will work..

14+kitties
June 1st, 2009, 12:40 PM
Maybe it's more of an "I am angry with you right now. Do not touch me!" When you do touch her she twitches and licks to "get rid of" your touch. TT does it. Normally when I bug him when he doesn't want my attention. :D

Deep breaths. Don't worry so much. She is bound to have a few changes. As long as she is healthy it's all good. :grouphug:

heidiho
June 1st, 2009, 02:55 PM
so when she does it when im not there which mom said isnt often is that because she just isnt happy..sorry all these questions i am just baffled i have never seen anything like this.my other concern now is when i go home tonight there is a cat ther i visit and sit wth and she loves it so much kneads on me and tried to actually nurse on my shirt,so cute.vet told meno more,that i shouldnt do that cause of roxy.How do i get over that,i am gonna feel so bad for her,cause at 6:00 every night we do that..I already feel like an awful person cause im thining of stopping that,roxy has to come first above everything in my life,but spot loves it so and is so lonely

ownedbycats
June 1st, 2009, 07:10 PM
could you maybe find a really loose shirt you can pull on over other clothes? maybe make that your "visiting spot " shirt. You can put it on over other clothes before you go visit and take it off after and leave it where Roxy can't smell it. Also, after visiting Spot wash your hands and anywhere he's rubbed against, so you aren't bringing his scent home.
Not sure this would work but it might be worth a try.

heidiho
June 3rd, 2009, 09:32 AM
i will have to do that last night went to put food out there and totally ignored her,first time in my life i have EVER ignored an animal,same as this morining and i feel like s*** and im sure she is wondering why,.we had a little routine every night and i know roxy is not well but i really dont think i can ignore her every day,she has no one else i can only imagine her lonley life and how she must look foward to the time she gets here.roxy is still twitching and licking not sure how long before diffusers work,but i have seen no change,so in 2 weeks my frined said they will pay for me to take her to vet,i just refiuse to put her on paxil or prozac that cant be what it has come to..i dont know what i did to make her this way,but it seems to only happen when im around..i know she loves me to death but it seems i also make her jittery now.breakin my heart

heidiho
June 13th, 2009, 10:03 AM
sinceit isnt getting better took her to vet i used to work for and trust,he said we r gonna try liquid prozac he believes it is stree and anxiety.then call him in a week if not that it may be focal seizures??any idea whst that is anyone??My gut says it is the stress i know my cat and what she has been through and think she finanlly just couldnt take it all,i know if we moved out tommorw i bet she would relax again,..but anyone know about focal seizures let me know.

JennieV
June 16th, 2009, 01:45 PM
heidiho,

Having read the entire thread I think there are a couple of things that I would like to point out:

You used to be calm, collected and relaxed around Roxy. You are a nervous wreck now. Really! You sound totally freaked out and hysterical.

We tend to project our feelings to the animals, and if Roxy is that close to you - she picks up on all your feelings. Things suck in your life, I understand, but you need to try to calm down. You need to work on things and isues in your life. Healthwise, Roxy seems fine. Mentally, you are driving her insane.

That is why your mom says she is fine until you get home. because as soon as you come back, instead of being happy and relaxed around her, you are worried, frustrated, nervous.. - you name it! She reflects what she gets from you, the kind of energy she feels.

Her fighting with Honey may be helped by the diffuser, but mostly, you need to calm down and get back to your normal self. She can't deal with all that negative energy that's eminating from you.

Meds and such can help if THAT is the problem, but you really have to try to calm yourself and find some balance in your life and not STRESS SO MUCH! It won't help you find a job or move out any sooner if you are a nervous wreck...By the way, that applies to employers as well, people usually feel that anxiety and frustration and it turns them off. I am in no way blaming you, but I do URGE you to get yourself back on track.

Just my :2cents:.

chico2
June 16th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Jennie,so true,I agree 100%.
Cats do worry,my Rocky gets all upset if I even cough..:confused:

heidiho
June 29th, 2009, 09:13 PM
I am back on track have a job now,things r going well,roxy is taking fluxotine(liquid) and it has made a world of difference.The old roxy is back totally since we have been giving this to her.At times it is hard to get her to take it,but 99% of the time it gets in and the old roxy is back..It is hard to be calm when your car is about to get repod,irs man is breathing down your neck and u have no job,if i cant vent at home where can i vent,i totally believe what u said,i know roxy picks up on the energy,all animals do i get it.But it is what it is and yeah i had some moments where it was to much.But having a job has solved that issue and roxy is doing great.

Jim Hall
June 29th, 2009, 10:11 PM
excellent!!! congrats on the job :thumbs up

Winston
June 29th, 2009, 10:14 PM
hey heidiho! good to hear from you! glad to hear things are starting to look up! :thumbs up

cindy

JennieV
June 29th, 2009, 10:37 PM
WOW, heidiho, thats awesome news!! Congrats on the new job, hope all goes well...:highfive:

Keep swimming, just keep swimming....and keep your head above water, even if it feels like you're drowning.

We are here to listen and to help if we can, so remember that! :thumbs up

heidiho
June 30th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Thank you..I tell you if it wasnt for roxy sometimes i would of just given up,but having her is what got me to keep going,.And so glad she is well,i know when we eventually move out she wont need the medication anymore,might not even need it the whole time were here,not sure,but she is the old roxy again and i am beyond happy it was heartbreaking to watch her be like that,and i do try not to put negative energy out there but i am human and have bad moments,but believe me i do know that animals pick up on your vibe and do my best to make sure it is a good one she gets from us.thx again...:thumbs up

chico2
June 30th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Heidi,that's great to hear,both for you and Roxie,hopefully one day you'll be able to get your own place:grouphug: