Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello!

Luvmypitgirls
May 26th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say hi, haven't been around in a bit because I've been house hunting.
The inner village acreage unfortunately didn't work out. We had the home inspection done and as it turned out the entire addition added to the original farm house needed to be...well basically the entire house needed to be bulldozed.
The electrical was illegal, they apparently removed load baring walls throughout. The bill would've been over 300,000 to have all the work needed done.:sad: On top of the 329,000 asking price, it wasn't worth it unless we knocked it down and rebuilt, and that is not an option for resale of that property given the location.

So we have hunted high and low because the moving bug took hold of us pretty good. We decided to look South of Calgary for a complete change of scenery.
I'm glad we did, because we found a wonderful house (bungalow, with son in chair it's the best option). We put in an offer on Sunday at 7:00pm, after some negotiating, at 7:40 pm, the deal was done.

My pack will be so happy there the yard is twice the size of what they have now, and behind me is all fields and pathways.
It's fully developed, with 4 bdrms, 3 full baths (I finally have an ensuite!:D)
it has a formal livingroom and a familyroom, eat in kitchen (that will take getting used to), and it's a corner lot so I only have the neighbor on one side.

The pack will get a new dog run on the side with no neighbor.

We take possession July 30th, and I'm already tired just thinking about packing and cleaning and such.:laughing:

We are keeping our current house and my 20 yr old and a couple friends will rent it from us for a few months. Then I'll have to rent it out to someone else.
My oldest will be my property manager, collecting the rent and doing repairs and such and just keeping an eye on things so hopefully we don't end up with a grow op or something here.

So that's my life lately, hope everyone is well and life is treating ya's good as well as all your furrybutts.
Probably won't be around very often until after the move, but I'll try to pop in from time to time.

breeze
May 26th, 2009, 03:50 PM
WOW... thats a lot going on. but I'm happy that you have found what your looking for.

sounds wonderful, with all that space :thumbs up
you know we all need pictures :D

14+kitties
May 26th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Good for you LMPG! How exciting that is! I would love to have a newer home. Mine is falling down around us. Unfortunately we are missing that all important thing...... moolah. :rolleyes:
It sounds like the house you found is perfect for what you need. How terrific! And breeze is right, pics are needed. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
May 26th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Lots of excitement going on :goodvibes: For sure we need pics!!

The dogs are gonna love it! :cloud9:

How far a move will it be?

Mat&Murph
May 26th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Good for you!!!! Soo exciting, the furries will love it!!!!

Dee-O-Gee
May 26th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Congratulations LMPG. :)

Sounds like you're getting everything all in order. Best of luck with the July 30th move and send some pictures our way eh? :thumbs up

ancientgirl
May 26th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Hey, looks like things worked out for the best. :thumbs up

TacoGrl
May 26th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Congrats! :thumbs up

It's getting harder to find good deals up there...even down in Balzac by the new development, I can't believe several mil for one acre or less :eek:

Luvmypitgirls
May 27th, 2009, 01:32 AM
Good for you!!!! Soo exciting, the furries will love it!!!!

Thank you, and I hope the furries are happy out there, afterall their needs played a big part in my consideration for this house.

Congratulations LMPG. :)

Sounds like you're getting everything all in order. Best of luck with the July 30th move and send some pictures our way eh? :thumbs up
Thank you!
I will most certainly post pics after we take possession. The home inspection was done today, and the inspector said the only thing he could find wrong was the fact that there was no for the back yard. Umm yep we knew that, that's why my oldest son is making one for us and installing it the day we move in! He said the house is nice and tight and has been very well maintained and the upgrades done were done absolutely correct. Nice to know we can move in and just love living there without having to worry about fixing stuff.

Hey, looks like things worked out for the best. :thumbs up
Thank you, :)

Congrats! :thumbs up

It's getting harder to find good deals up there...even down in Balzac by the new development, I can't believe several mil for one acre or less :eek:

Yes that new mall out in Balzac has certainly driven up the prices there, a friend of mine bought an acreage out there back in 2004 for 525,000. She called a realtor to see what she could list it for, the number he came back with after the appraisal....3.4 million. Yeahhhh she's sitting pretty, she has no plans to sell any time soon, but her equity will allow her to purchase her new Lexus that she has been craving for..:rolleyes:

Luvmypitgirls
May 27th, 2009, 01:39 AM
WOW... thats a lot going on. but I'm happy that you have found what your looking for.

sounds wonderful, with all that space :thumbs up
you know we all need pictures :D

Thank you Breeze, (not sure why my previous post didn't quote you or add my reply)

The new house has almost the same square footage as my home, but much better layout and flow for my son's wheelchair, we will be ramping the deck and running a walk up the one side so he will have more freedom, it will also do wonders for my back. The only time we will have to carry him in the house is when we go downstairs to watch a dvd in the familyroom. He will have a tv in his room and his computer, so when he has to be home alone he can access everything he needs.
I'm searching for programs and activities for ppl with physical disabilities in High River, so we can get him out meeting ppl in the community.

growler~GateKeeper
May 27th, 2009, 01:53 AM
it's a corner lot so I only have the neighbor on one side.

The pack will get a new dog run on the side with no neighbor.

Too bad about the 1st house but this one sounds purrfect ~ especially the only one neighbour bit & bigger yard :thumbs up

a friend of mine bought an acreage out there back in 2004 for 525,000. She called a realtor to see what she could list it for, the number he came back with after the appraisal....3.4 million.

whoa! nice gain on investment :D

Thank you Breeze, (not sure why my previous post didn't quote you or add my reply)

The multi-quote only lets you do 4 at a time ;)

Luvmypitgirls
May 27th, 2009, 01:55 AM
Ohhh so I tried to reply to too many at once...:o

zippozippo
May 29th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Nice to know we can move in and just love living there without having to worry about fixing stuff.

Luvmypitgirls
June 1st, 2009, 01:13 PM
Nice to know we can move in and just love living there without having to worry about fixing stuff.

Yeah thats the part I like most. Just move in and not worry about anything.
Other than building the dog run and wheelchair ramp, but I'm hiring someone to do the ramp and my hubby and his friend will do the dog run.

Unfortunately, my son who was going to rent my current house from me, wasn't able to find someone who worked in the far south of Calgary whom he could catch a ride with everyday, so now I will have to find him a place near his work.

The bright side to that is he will be closer to our new house, and it will give me the time I need to finish some much needed repairs and reno's on this house. Then I'll rent it out, as a dog friendly rental of course.

We've been painting the trim outside, and doing some much needed yard work here, preparing for the new retaining wall out back.

I'll finish the flooring and painting inside, after we are moved out, it's too hard to do when I'm tripping over dogs and a wheelchair and cats, and the other bodies that come and go at the most inopportune (is that a word?:confused:..:o) times.

I'm tired, worn out and rather bitchy these days. Moving is sooo stressful :frustrated:.

Thankfully hubby and the kids are understanding of my mood swings these days. My b-day is coming up and I'm hoping to find a gift certificate to the spa in my card, cuz I could certainly use some pampering and relaxation about now.

growler~GateKeeper
June 2nd, 2009, 12:48 AM
Is it fairly easy to find affordable dog/pet friendy rental units in the Calgary area? I'm sure someone over there will be thrilled you're allowing pets :D It's not so easy in the Metro Vanc area when you've got to keep expenses in mind :rolleyes:

I'll finish the flooring and painting inside, after we are moved out, it's too hard to do when I'm tripping over dogs and a wheelchair and cats, and the other bodies that come and go at the most inopportune (is that a word?:confused:..:o) times.

:D Yup that's a word, and a good one too :D

My b-day is coming up and I'm hoping to find a gift certificate to the spa in my card, cuz I could certainly use some pampering and relaxation about now.

:goodvibes: :fingerscr for getting a spa certificate :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Luvmypitgirls
June 2nd, 2009, 11:09 PM
Is it fairly easy to find affordable dog/pet friendy rental units in the Calgary area? I'm sure someone over there will be thrilled you're allowing pets :D It's not so easy in the Metro Vanc area when you've got to keep expenses in mind :rolleyes:

I think finding pet friendly rentals in the Calgary area is actually quite difficult, I've been looking for a place for my son, and so far we've come across only a handful, unfortunately all in the wrong area for him.

:D Yup that's a word, and a good one too :D

LOL, ...I knew it was a word, but at that moment and time I wasn't sure...damn the brainfarts I'm having lately :o

:goodvibes: :fingerscr for getting a spa certificate :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Thank you, I've been hinting but so far hubby has been shrugging me off.:frustrated:

growler~GateKeeper
June 3rd, 2009, 01:39 AM
Thank you, I've been hinting but so far hubby has been shrugging me off.:frustrated:

That either means he has one already & wants it to be a surprise :D or he's not getting you one :frustrated:

Print an ad or page off their website & stick it on the fridge ;)

Luvmypitgirls
June 5th, 2009, 02:54 AM
That either means he has one already & wants it to be a surprise :D or he's not getting you one :frustrated:

Print an ad or page off their website & stick it on the fridge ;)

Well my birthday came and went (june4), and no gift certificate to the spa:sad:
However, I did get a pair of kicka$$ Oakley Radar sunglasses, and a gift certificate to Cream, a store that specializes in bra's and such:D
My son and his fiance, brought me the most beautiful flower arrangement I have ever seen, which was arranged in a little white wooden well with little wooden ladybugs on it.:D
Our friend that is staying with us made me a wonderful dinner of pork tenderloin and veggies, and the most delicious homemade chocolate cake I have ever tasted.:D This dude is a culinary wiz in the kitchen.

So now that I have resigned, and totally accepted the fact that I am now 42 yrs of age, and not 29 for the umpteenth time, I will awake in the morning and focus on more important things. The last couple of days I have stayed holed up in my familyroom reading my new books (the Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz), my birthday always brings a sense of dread and I escape it by reading.

I was going to have a garage sale this weekend, but the forecast won't allow it, apparently we are going to get SNOW this weekend :frustrated:..yes SNOW, I can hardly believe it :frustrated: