Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I swear, Some People.. UGH

babymomma
May 24th, 2009, 07:14 PM
:cry:You should have to pass a test, before its legal for you to own an animal.. I swear, so many animals would be soooo much better off!

Heres The latest from here..

2 weeks ago, My aunts sister in law and mother in law called my mother and asked for keely's breeders Number.. I cried when mom told me because these people shouldnt own animals.. My aunts MIL already has a GSD that isnt taken care of and NEVER gets attention. Its left outside to roam the property and MIL probably hasnt even touched the dog in the 6 years they've had it.. Litterally. The only reason that SIL wants a Yorkie is Cause' she seen me with keely and shes one of those "keep up with the jones' " Kinda people.. Anyways, Regina (keely's breeder) Is so so so darn good at what she does, She knew right off the bat that these werent the right home for a dog. So she said No. Anyways, SIL then decided to Contact either a Puppy mill, or a BYB from Halifax to send down a pup, Hes a 14 week old male Yorkie.

She called about 2 hours ago and I was on the phone for an hour, Giving her all the info I know about dogs (WHICH SHE SHOULD HAVE FOUND OUT ABOUT BEFORE HAND) Including crate training, house breaking, and excersize and food.. When i mentioned the dog would need alot of excersie (keely had 3 walks today) She almost had a heart attack, And said she simply had No time for that... Then MIL was in the back round saying, Just throw it in the kennel when it gets hyper :frustrated: .. She later asked my mother how long it took her to know she loved keely (My mom does not like dogs, neither does SIL in question) And my mom said "I knew as soon as i seen her".. And SIL says, I know im not going to like him, I want to send him back to the "breeder" .. UGH OMFG.. Then she asked my mom if we would have another one, And mom said, Yes she would take one in a heart beat.. So SIL asked If it didnt work out if we would take him.. My mom said yes..

So its kind of a bitter sweet Situation.. She bought a dog from a BYB or a PM, which is terrible. Now she doesnt want it.. She said so much other stuff like, How the dog was going to ruin her back patio and How it was going to scratch her hard wood floors.. LIKE OMG, I waited 15 years to obtain something ( A DOG) That i am absolutly passionate about.. Its not fricking fair that some people can just go out and get something that they dont even want.. UGH..

On the other side, Keely could Have a Brother in the near future.. Even tho I want another Dog very bad, This poor dog having to go thru all of this is just not fair.. Would he technically be considered a rescue if we take him? Cause I made a promise to myself that my next dog would be a rescue..

On anoter note, MIL has a labrador retreiver on hold from a BYB for august. (and my aunt is getting one next week from the same BYB) .. When she got her GSD puppy, She had a Samoyed, And within 1 week of getting the GSD, She gave away her samoyed.. So if she decides to give up her GSD, we were going to take her in.. As ive bonded with her over the last 6 years..

That would leave us with 3 dogs.. Nothing is set in stone obviously.. But i have a huge feeling in my gut saying that these 2 dogs will be givin up, And we will end up with them.. which, Honestly, is good, but also, very very very bad.. You know what i mean? Its good for them to get out of their Crappy situations.. But, terrible terrible terrible.. Sorry for rambeling on.. I feel like schreeching! :frustrated::yell:

babymomma
May 24th, 2009, 07:16 PM
BTW- Mom doesnt really want another dog, But she said yes anyways, because she couldnt turn him away :o My mommmy is turning into a dog lover, She walked kacee today:eek:

MommaKat
May 24th, 2009, 09:10 PM
On the other side, Keely could Have a Brother in the near future.. Even tho I want another Dog very bad, This poor dog having to go thru all of this is just not fair.. Would he technically be considered a rescue if we take him? Cause I made a promise to myself that my next dog would be a rescue..

Very valid rant BM :grouphug: , That situation would drive me nuts . Since it sounds like the poor dogs are suffering , and your money is not going towards a PM or BYB, then yes I would consider Yorkie and GSD as rescues . I think Ideally most of us here want to adopt animals from rescues/shelters, but in my opinion if you have a chance to take an animal out of unsuitable home yourself, then whats wrong with that? Also from what you have said about these peoples character, how can anyone expect them to properly judge the character of a good home for these Dogs?

From what I read of your posts Babymomma, I think of you as pretty dog savvy and these 2 dogs would be lucky to have you and Keely to help them. However,If you really feel this is a bad plan, maybe these whackadoodles will let you and your mom pick new homes for GSD and Yorkie boy.

Good Luck :fingerscr :goodvibes: :grouphug:

babymomma
May 24th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Very valid rant BM :grouphug: , That situation would drive me nuts . Since it sounds like the poor dogs are suffering , and your money is not going towards a PM or BYB, then yes I would consider Yorkie and GSD as rescues . I think Ideally most of us here want to adopt animals from rescues/shelters, but in my opinion if you have a chance to take an animal out of unsuitable home yourself, then whats wrong with that? Also from what you have said about these peoples character, how can anyone expect them to properly judge the character of a good home for these Dogs?

From what I read of your posts Babymomma, I think of you as pretty dog savvy and these 2 dogs would be lucky to have you and Keely to help them. However,If you really feel this is a bad plan, maybe these whackadoodles will let you and your mom pick new homes for GSD and Yorkie boy.

Good Luck :fingerscr :goodvibes: :grouphug:

Thanks For the supprt MK.. I think we would definatly keep yorkie boy.. but im not sure about sheeba (GSD) If it were ultimatly my decsion, Then, Heck ya, I would definatly take her, I love her. And, GSDs are my fav breed. But im not sure if my mom is ready for that, She is truly terrified of dogs, especially bigger ones. Its taken 1 and a half years to get her used to kacee, And she still flinches when she gets too close. She pets her everynow and then but she keeps her distance. She loves her tho:cloud9:

I would just feel awful turning her away. So yes, you have a great idea, Rehoming ourselves! :thumbs up But, I do have pretty high standards, I wonder if anybody would be "good enough" in my eyes:o.. Oh dear, Im almost in tears again.

MommaKat
May 24th, 2009, 10:07 PM
I think your Mom is awesome for trying to work through her Dog fear ( I know many who wouldn't). She sounds like a big softie :D wanting to help these poor dogs .

Hang in there and keep us updated on what happens :grouphug::goodvibes: .

.nanama
May 25th, 2009, 05:02 AM
i know where you're coming from. i live in a house that's divided into two, owned by someone who lives in a different house. (we rent). the people on the other portion of the house have a setter who is not ever walked, has not been trained, doesn't get attention, is yelled at (i can hear through the walls), and they have one of those bark collars on her.

after trying to convince the landlord for about a year (he also has two dalmations who are not properly taken care of in my eyes. they are mean, and don't get exercised.) he finally let us have a dog. we searched for about three weeks looking for the perfect dog and finally brought home our two year old rescued great pyrenees.

we can tell that she's been abused (she has the nervous peeing problem..., never barks, and was very uncomfortable around people at first). luckily she's in a good home now :)

my uncle (i hardly consider him part of my family, he makes my blood boil to extremes) has a rottweiler and he pierced her ear. he plays with her really really rough and because of that she's mean. she bites people and has drawn blood on my five year old brother. my uncle says "it's because you're scaring her." ....yeah right. it's because she doesn't know the difference between attacking and playing!!

my grandma brought a new dog into their house and my uncle adopted it as his own and totally forgot about the rottie. now she's been diagnosed with cancer and has to be put down. it's so sad...

in conclusion, babymomma, i totally agree. some people need to have a license to own dogs, don't you think?

EndOfFashion
May 25th, 2009, 02:57 PM
I can't stand people like that! Why have a dog if you're going to hate it, ignore it, resent it...?

My neighbours had a long-haired Dachshund. They had him before we moved in next door (got him before their daughter was born). A few years ago, they planned a trip to Holland. I guess they couldn't find anyone to take care of him, so they dumped him at Toronto Animal Services. He was 18 years old :( I used to check the TAS site to make sure the dog was posted (to make sure he wasn't immediately euthanized). His picture did go up, but a few days later it was gone. I don't know if he was adopted or pts.

Less than a year later, the dad went to Holland again (that's where they're from) and came back with a Kooikerhondje (sp?) pup. At least that's what he said it was, but it was far from the breed standard in almost every way. They would open the front door and let it loose [B] on its own to get some exercise (just like they used to do with the doxie). I used to catch the dog running around outside and bring it back to my neighbour's, but after a while realized they were letting it out on purpose and just gave up. Looking back now I should have called TAS, but I was just a kid.

The only person who ever "walked" the dog was the grandfather, who can't actually walk and uses an electric scooter. The dog was never leashed, and ran off a few times while on one of these "walks". Well, don't you know a few weeks ago it ran off again and didn't come back. My neighbours were devastated. :wall: The next day, they found he had been run over my a GO train not far from our homes. :yell: My neighbour came over to tell us the news, and said it was like losing a member of the family. Um, yeah, like the 18 year old Dachshund you abandoned at a city pound? I wanted to feel bad for them, but I couldn't...

babymomma
May 26th, 2009, 12:14 PM
MK, shes come along way.. She was even afraid of keely at first. A little nervous and would flinch away if play became a little to rough, but now she lets keely play bite/wrestle with her hands... And I would just LOOOOVE to get mom on video when she talks to keely.. "Oh yes, your nanny's Girl, yes you are.. Nanny's girl " In the baby talk voice.. hhaha its heartwarming to see though..

.nanama- I totally get it.. I walk dogs that owners could cre less about.. Out side 24/7 without ny love/attention kind of dogs.. It should be the law to have a licence to own one..

EOF- Thats just terrible.. I mean 18 YEARS... And the other dog, i feel bad for it, its life ended in a terrible terrible way.. poor thing.. Jee, if they considered that dog a member of their family i wouldnt like to see how they would treat there kids/other family members.. I would like to sit outside the spca, and everythime anybody brings in an animal to drop off for a stupid reason (Especially if they are older) I would slap them.. sure id end up in juevy, but it would be worth it:D

No,new news on the yorkie pup (AKA, biscuit)... She called again asking the same questions she asked before, making sure she was doing exactly as we said..

.nanama
May 26th, 2009, 07:36 PM
endoffashion, wow... those people are HORRIBLE! every story i hear like that just astounds me...

hopefully everything will turn out well, babymomma :) you'll be a babymomma x 3!

babymomma
May 29th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Ok, Yorkie doesnt live with my aunts SIL anymore.. She dropped him off at her mothers house (Aunts MIL) .. She emailed my mom and asked her if we would BUY the dog, for $1000.... Mom doesnt kknow how to respond.. She wants the dog, But we cant afford to py $1000 for it right now.. Plus get all its needles AND get him neutered.. I men, Obviously if wqe were to get the dog he would get all his needles and be neutered and eat the best food we can get round here (Wellness) By my god, she strted off sying she would give him to us for FREE.. Even if she ws sking for half .. Seriously, her loosing out on 1000 dollars is nothing.. It was here stupid decision, so she dont relly deserve to get her money back..Im going to sk my brother for a $500 lone.. And pay him back when i get a job .. And 500 dollars from my brother doesnt even put a dent in his bamk account so he wont mind.. And my dad said he would pay for half.. And mom will pay for Neuter/needles and fooood.. I know I know..Paying this lady this much for her mistake, is not cool.. And im sorry if any of you resent me for it, A really really am, But i cant just leave this guy there.. My mom is half against it, because of the money.. but I know that she really wants to help him.. :yell: Honestly, I expect within a few days of MIL owning the little guy, MIL will be pying US to come take him.. i feel so damn bad! I dont know what i will do if i cant get this guy!

MommaKat
May 29th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Maybe you could talk her down at least? When I got Maggie we payed for her Dog crate and a few of the other stuff she had but we didn't actually pay for her. Also when we got her she was seriously matted so we had to pay for Grooming,Spay and Needles.

I think these people had time to think about it, they know you want him and that's why there is a price tag. Have you seen yorkie boy yet? do you know what kind of condition he's in? Is it possible they found out he has a health issue and that's why there is a Huge price tag? I think your being taken for a ride BM and he may end up costing you a lot more than $1000 .

If you do get him, don't give them any money until he is in your arms. Make sure there is some kind of receipt acknowledging that you payed for him. Don't want these :loser: turning around and trying to get him back.

babymomma
May 29th, 2009, 08:23 PM
thanks for the Advice mommakat, but im amost certain she just doesnt want him any more.. Hes in good condition (I got the chance to meet him) And he is a lovely little boy.. Thses people just dont like dogs..And im also certain that although they are not great dog owners, they wouldnt really take advantage of us for our money..They wouldnt really have reason to, As they litterally are,rich.. Thats one bad thing i cant say about them, If there was somthing wrong with the dog, they would get it vet care.. Because they can afford it.. Hell, they can afford to pay for an animal shelters vet care for a year! :eek:

Im thinking that the price will be dropped.. Im fairly certain of it.. Im half thinking that the price will be non existant
in a few days.. If we could afford it, he would be laying next to me in bed right now..

MommaKat
May 29th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Okay well that's good at least (I tend to think the worst of people like that). I hope they drop the price and you can get him.

Did Keely meet him yet?

babymomma
May 29th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Okay well that's good at least (I tend to think the worst of people like that). I hope they drop the price and you can get him.

Did Keely meet him yet?

Dont worry i tend to think the same way about people ..

Nope, I left keely home, because of the untrained half wild German shepherd that would be running around the property.. I love her to death, but keely would be trying to run off and Play with her , and sheeba way have hurt her by an accident..

Im certain they will get along.. keely LOVES other dogs..Especially her own kind:p

Luvmypitgirls
June 1st, 2009, 12:40 PM
Babymomma, you are certainly wise beyond your years. It's nice to see a younger person, being as responsible about pet guardianship as you are.

I'm sorry your extended family doesn't seem to share in that trait, and if you do end up with their two dogs, I have no doubt that they will live out the rest of their lives surrounded by love and proper care from you and your mom.

It's nice to hear that your mom is becoming quite the dog fancier too.

Good luck with whatever happens, and I just want to add, I admire your dedication to your pets, if you were my daughter I would be so very proud of you.:highfive::2huggers:

babymomma
June 3rd, 2009, 05:49 AM
Aw Thank You LMPG :o I do my best..

As for yorkie boy.. Aparently my aunts MIL actually likes him:shrug: Who would have thought it? im sure the novity (sp?) will wear off of him.. But for now i will have to give the the benefit of the doubt anf beleive shes taking goood care of him.. She even said she wouldnt be getting a Lab in august.. so that means Sheeba will be staying there too :sad: They want a big dog to guard there property :rolleyes: Only thing sheeba does to strangers is lick them half to death looking for atention...

I was hoping they would give them up.. My aunt will be keeping a close eye on how she takes care of yorkie boy and if she ever wants to give him up, our door is always open..

Luvmypitgirls
June 6th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Aw Thank You LMPG :o I do my best..

As for yorkie boy.. Aparently my aunts MIL actually likes him:shrug: Who would have thought it? im sure the novity (sp?) will wear off of him.. But for now i will have to give the the benefit of the doubt anf beleive shes taking goood care of him.. She even said she wouldnt be getting a Lab in august.. so that means Sheeba will be staying there too :sad: They want a big dog to guard there property :rolleyes: Only thing sheeba does to strangers is lick them half to death looking for atention...

I was hoping they would give them up.. My aunt will be keeping a close eye on how she takes care of yorkie boy and if she ever wants to give him up, our door is always open..

LOL, ppl think I have Pits and Rotts to guard my property...:rolleyes:..when I try to explain that Pits aren't a guardian breed they get this stupified look on their faces.
Now Rotts, being considered a guardian breed, mine I can assure you has guarding tendancies. He is very protective of the house and his ppl, however I have no doubt if someone breaks in armed with treats or raw beef...he would welcome them open armed and consider that person his best friend while they clean us out.
Come in without treats...well....I pity the fool that tries:laughing: