Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Siamese cats

brandyscribe
May 22nd, 2009, 02:21 PM
I've spent the day calling rescues that can take in my mom's cats. Unfortunately she passed away, and didn't make arrangements for their care.

The rescues are FULL. This brings me to my rant--how can people simply abandon their animals? I know that not every animal at a rescue facility has been abandoned, and I know times are tough economically, but I just can't fathom dropping off a member of the family.

All of that stated, I am getting frustrated looking for a place to put my mom's beloved pets. They need forever homes, and the last thing I want to do is place them in at a kill shelter.

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on how to place the cats? I have posted on Craig's List, on Petfinder, and am in the process of posting on various websites.

Any advice is much appreciated.

TacoGrl
May 22nd, 2009, 04:41 PM
*biting tongue*

...and why can't YOU keep your MOM'S cats?

Sounds like YOU are trying to abandon the cats too, so i am unsure of what your rant really is...

Tundra_Queen
May 23rd, 2009, 12:06 AM
TG, I was thinking the same thing. But maybe OP is allergic?

I am sorry to hear about your mom. I hope u will decide to keep your mom's cats. At least they would be with someone who knew their previous owner and not given to strangers.

Debbie