Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Heavy Bleeding?

tashalee
May 22nd, 2009, 11:05 AM
I have an 11 yr. old boxer, who is not spayed, currently in heat. She is relativey healthy, but the problem is she is bleeding extremly heavy. should i be concerned?

BMDLuver
May 22nd, 2009, 11:11 AM
Take her to the vet immediately...... even at her age pyometria can be an issue........

bendyfoot
May 22nd, 2009, 11:38 AM
This is definitely a possible emergency.

tashalee
May 22nd, 2009, 11:47 AM
I did contact my vet and explained to them what was going on. The vet instructed me to keep an eye on her since she is eating, drinking and going to the bathroom. They did say that generally the older they get the less they bleed but to keep an eye on her for any changes.

BenMax
May 22nd, 2009, 12:16 PM
I was faced with something similiar with a rescue I took in. She is 13 years old. I went to the vet immediately....she has cancer.

I would make an appointment and have this seen regardless of the telephone conversation.

Good luck.

lUvMyLaB<3
May 22nd, 2009, 08:41 PM
Then call another vet.. Or don't just call, call your vet and tell them you want to bring your dog in for an appt. asap, as you think there might be something wrong.. A vet is not going to say no.. I really think that you need to have her seen. I would be very concerned what the underlying problem is. If it is heavier than usual, that is different, and definetly cause for alarm, Good luck.

Shaykeija
May 22nd, 2009, 08:47 PM
poor old girl..should have been spayed years ago...:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall: