Better check it out myself! :D
http://www.gunnerx.com/albums/ariel/DSC05089.jpg

chico2
August 11th, 2004, 09:34 AM
OMG,what an adorable little thingy...brought tears to my eyes :D
Fashion-plate??? Spoiled puppy????noooo,just loved to bits :D

shihtzulover
August 11th, 2004, 09:49 AM
Hi, Where is Sam's club? I have been trying to find coats, bows etc for my Shih Tzu but there is nothing here in Halifax. The only pet store we have is pets unlimited and they don't carry anything great. I found a company online from the states which I may order from, but the shipping is really high.

Sunkist/Winnie
August 11th, 2004, 10:01 AM
Shihtzulover,

A Global Pet Food store (I'm not 100% on the name) opened in Bayer Lake Industrial Park a few months ago. They are not a big store, but they do have interesting things there. They are in the mall across from the movie theatres..the one with Home Outfitters, where the Chinese food place used to be. It's only a small store, right next to Roger's Cellular.

They have great high quality food for cats and dogs too...prices are very good.

They might have something.

shihtzulover
August 11th, 2004, 10:19 AM
Hi Sunkist
I have been in there a couple times. Thats where I buy all my food and supplies. I like supporting them because they don't sell animals.
They really don't have anything really awesome though, like jackets and bows etc. Maybe next time I am there I will see if they have a book I can order from.
I need to go to California and go shopping they always seem to have the cool pet supplies there. :cool:

Sunkist/Winnie
August 11th, 2004, 10:25 AM
I have cats so I didn't really pay that much attention to the doggy extras. I just noticed the cat stuff was different from what I've seen in the other stores around here.

There really aren't that many good pet stores down here :( Just Pets Unlimited and I find they really aren't that knowlegable.

There is one other place out in Windsor Junction that has been there for quite some time. They are supposed to carry other supplies it's B&R Pet Supplies 860-3332, you might luck out.

shihtzulover
August 11th, 2004, 10:42 AM
I will go over and check them out this weekend. I would love to be able to find variety.

Sunkist/Winnie
August 11th, 2004, 10:45 AM
I wouldn't want to send you on a goose chase...maybe call first. They are supposed to have natual premium foods and a variety of other things all pet related.

Good luck!

Cactus Flower
August 11th, 2004, 11:55 AM
Don't laugh-

I used to make my own shirts/jackets for my beagle. I'd buy toddler clothes at thrift stores (the price was right!), cut the front out of them, then just make two straps from the part I cut out. The straps can be put on with buttons or velcro- works well!
I got much more variety out of baby clothes than any doggie-clothes section.

Luba
August 11th, 2004, 02:17 PM
thats too cute :D

shihtzulover
August 11th, 2004, 03:01 PM
What a great idea Cactus Flower, I think I will try that.
I would like to have an outfit for all occasions :)

glasslass
August 12th, 2004, 01:43 AM
Eat your hearts out! MY grandma knits me cool duds! :p

Den-Den

shihtzulover
August 12th, 2004, 07:33 AM
I love the hats that DenDen wears. Does she knit by pattern? I may have to do a search on the web for some knitting patterns. I don't know how to knit, but maybe I could fiqure it out.
How did you get Den Den used to the clothes? Sophie likes to wiggle and run around the carpet trying to back out of them.

GunnerX
August 12th, 2004, 10:06 AM
Wow! Nice clothes! :D That's quite cute. Maybe I should take up knitting!

glasslass
August 12th, 2004, 02:24 PM
No, she just knits - no patterns - just measures as she goes. Den-Den doesn't like to wear hats. But when we went bike riding together (he rides in a Bjorn baby pouch), he would shiver with the cold wind (winter) and shake his head like the cold air bothered them. His body was warm in the padded carrier, but his extremities were chilly. So! If you look at the picture closely, the legs are actually just leggings that fasten together with velcro above his back. The hat has slits that his ears go through and snug up to block the flow of cold air into his ears. He's quite comfortable now riding on the bike. :)