Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Random vomit...

WoofieWoof
May 21st, 2009, 03:12 PM
Disclaimer: yes, I know I'm going to have to see my vet, but my vet is away on vacation for a few more days. I could go to another vet, but frankly, he's one of the only ones we trust since my dog has a complex medical history which only he is familiar with.

My dog recently vomited a few hours after eating his dinner. He vomited his entire dinner of raw ground meat (he's been on thisraw diet for years). What really bothers me is that nothing unusual happened prior to this. He didn't eat anything weird (the previous times that he vomited was because he swallowed things he couldn't digest), and he showed no signs of being sick. I checked through the vomit and didn't find any foreign objects. The only thing that stands out a bit is that he was given Prednisone (steroids) with that meal, but he's been on this for years and this has never happened. As I mentioned earlier, my dog has a complex medical history, but we've had it under control lately, so this random vomit came as a shock.

He seems fine now, but until I see my vet, can anyone offer up any advice?

kandy
May 21st, 2009, 05:43 PM
I'm guessing that it is due to his complex medical history that a random incident of vomiting would cause major concern? Could he have just eaten too quickly?

The only advice I would have is to watch him for other symptoms of illness and take him to a different vet if his condition worsens.